Alien Invasion? Why not XCOM?

Well, it seems we do have quite a lot of interest! I'll see about getting a forum chipped up after I hammer down some of this homework.

He could be Waffen SS, one of those odd ducks who miraculously really did never transfer to a death squad. I mean, it's concievable, and Rommel shows there were Germans who were seriously not cool with what Hitler was doing to their country. Age would still be a problem, but it is conceptually doable without actually playing a terrible person.

Hm. My options are either a Welshman (who will straight up knife you if you so much as mention sheep around him) or possibly a Mexican involved in the drug war. Hm. My problem is I don't trust myself to portray another nationality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be too badly hurt if we have overlap at this stage, if we've got a fairly diverse (if quite European) group. And no old Germans, I need no geriatrics squinting to see if the safety is on for the plasma cannon.

Aussie or Sou' African would be rather awesome, if only for the Wikus comments.

Awww no Waffen SS? I'm sad.

Just to humor myself, however, since I don't know a ton of XCOM lore... Would there even be anything possible that makes him still a viable soldier (biological enchancement, H+ type stuff, etc.) or would he be the Geriatrics Division?

Ex-Stasi fits too well with the character I'd like to put together; intelligence gatherer.

If it was straight up military, or combat oriented, then there are a bunch others on the list I could go for.

[QUOTE="Inquisitor Muhaha]WE CAN BOTH BE GERMANY. Woooo.

[/QUOTE]
I'm afraid the intel I have gathered tie you to a group selling secrets to the Americans. We do however have this neat black hood to present you with....

[QUOTE="Inquisitor Muhaha]Awww no Waffen SS? I'm sad.
Just to humor myself, however, since I don't know a ton of XCOM lore... Would there even be anything possible that makes him still a viable soldier (biological enchancement, H+ type stuff, etc.) or would he be the Geriatrics Division?

[/QUOTE]There might be, but not to begin with. A lot of the 'arc' of X-COM is that of humanity as the hardscrabble underdog just about prevailing over the alien menace through grit, heroism and a lot of blood, then stealing all their gubbinz and rewiring it for ourselves.
There will be future-tech! But only after we've prised it off the aliens smoking corpses and sent it for the boffins to puzzle over. Until then, what we have is human technology pretty much as it is in the real world. It's kevlar and 7.62 NATO rounds versus cybernetics and plasma cannons, with cunning, ruthlessness and a heap of reserves to tip the scales long enough for us to close the technological gap.

That, or we fail horribly and the aliens lay eggs in our brains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite so. It's the EU canon, 2014, @Inquisitor Muhaha while spec-ops equipment and general tech in XCOM hands is bleeding edge (see the rather swank kevlar and SCARs the spec-ops are rocking in the tutorial mission). Genetic augments won't be bringing the Heer back to swinging action, not that sort of sci-fi. At least until those developments come into play with the later tech scavenged from the sites. So, while the ex-Stasi is still in fighting form, gonna need something a little more modern!

They were operational up until the 90s, and were known for recruiting teenagers for certain posts, so she could have started young. Then perhaps have taken a move into the counter-terrorism directorate of the BND (that's the foreign intelligence agency of modern Germany).

[QUOTE="Inquisitor Muhaha]@Alexandra if you're okay with splitting Germany, I might make a member of Special Operations Division.

[/QUOTE]
"Special Operations Division"? I'm not really sure what you're referring to. With who?

...Want to be part of the unit that got hashed in the Berlin raid? Those helis were theirs in the tutorial mission (the news article I posted).

[QUOTE="Cthulhu_Wakes]...Want to be part of the unit that got hashed in the Berlin raid? Those helis were theirs in the tutorial mission (the news article I posted).

[/QUOTE]
I am interested.

And Alexandra, nay, not Intel-based.

[QUOTE="Inquisitor Muhaha]I am interested.
And Alexandra, nay, not Intel-based.

[/QUOTE]
Then if we've got different strengths, it should be good to work together :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back