Aldus: The Great War

Tor

"The world falls silent

and the meeting comes short.

The fall of an Emperor

shall spark a conflict never heard off,

and the world will grow dark."

~ The Fall of Aldus, The Book of Fate

In the world of Aldus the Emperor is killed at one of the many High Council meetings. The races of the world, men, elves, dwarves, orcs, and beast start pointing fingers. After hours of yelling and drawn blades the two split of into sides of old, The Heart Land, built of men, dwarves, and beast, and The Riech, built of the elves and orcs.

The word spreads throughout the main holds and the people start to take up arms for both sides. The Great War of Aldus has begun.

So that is my idea for the whole thing! I just want to see if people would be interested in doing something like this! Thank you!

Also here is a map of the world if you would like to see

KgWsdup.jpg

Hi @Tor this game sounds interesting! I thought it would be cool to play a character who is, by birthright, heir to the throne and who is rallying allies in his quest to seize it? Maybe there could be an orc leader who just plays along butbplans to take the throne for himself as soon as the human heir gets in power?

There is plenty of space for drama here but you might want to develop a few more specifics.

@Macaberz Thank you for the suggestions! I really only know the base idea of this and that's why I posted it here. I think it would be fun to play some sort of orc who is hell bent on taking over the Throne, I really like the idea of it being up for grabs by anyone. I also really like the idea of playing someone who has the birthright to the throne but doesn't know anything about it and is forced to try and repair the empire now that it is split back to how it used to be.

Tor said:
@Macaberz Thank you for the suggestions! I really only know the base idea of this and that's why I posted it here. I think it would be fun to play some sort of orc who is hell bent on taking over the Throne, I really like the idea of it being up for grabs by anyone. I also really like the idea of playing someone who has the birthright to the throne but doesn't know anything about it and is forced to try and repair the empire now that it is split back to how it used to be.
Yea those are both interesting ideas :)

Often in RP's there is one group of heroes but maybe it would be a novel idea to have two more or less competing groups, or even three. Maybe there are like three players who have a kingdom or faction with an interest in the throne. They would have one main character, their hero who wants to claim the throne, and they would have two or three players "under" them who accompany that hero in his or her quest. The game would be about individual characters at times, but it would also be about faction wide events.

It's kinda hard to explain and it won't be easy to find a good way to do it, but I like the idea of being able to zoom in to the character level and pull out to a faction level.

Macaberz said:
Yea those are both interesting ideas :)
Often in RP's there is one group of heroes but maybe it would be a novel idea to have two more or less competing groups, or even three. Maybe there are like three players who have a kingdom or faction with an interest in the throne. They would have one main character, their hero who wants to claim the throne, and they would have two or three players "under" them who accompany that hero in his or her quest. The game would be about individual characters at times, but it would also be about faction wide events.

It's kinda hard to explain and it won't be easy to find a good way to do it, but I like the idea of being able to zoom in to the character level and pull out to a faction level.
That does sound cool, and maybe if my coding/ video game making skills were better it would work better for like an open world rpg sort of thing, or maybe even more of a structured D&D like, but in writing like a story it would be hard to do over just text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back