Alchemicals, Essence and Size

Joni-san

I've read that Alchemical Exalted grow in size as they gain Essence. What size by Essence does this go? (Hmmm... that doesn't sound right. Oh well).

Ex:

Essence: 1= Human?

Essence:2= Large Human?

Essence 2-3: Normal person

4-5: 9-12 feet tall, about twice the size of a normal person

6: Over 20 feet tall. At this point, Alchemicals become inhuman in their natural state, though most keep a humanoid face to interact with humans.

7: Over 30 feet tall, and even more inhuman than before.

Huh. Wonder why Nova is normal-sized then. Is the sphinx form her "natural" form, and she used her Elsewhere tech to make a less terrifying body?

I remember that when Neph and I want to say HLS but it might have only been Neph were asking people on the WW forums about stuff they would like to see for 2nd ed Alchemicals. A lot of people wanted optional ways in which a Alchemical might work around their size issue as their essence grows. I wouldn't be surprised to see a little something of that in the next Alchemical book.

While the NDA gods prevent me from telling you directly, the comic has been going in a very non-canonical direction with regard to what Alchemicals do. The size issue has been addressed, and you'll have to wait for the book to come out later this year to find out exactly how that was handled.

Bodhisattva said:
While the NDA gods prevent me from telling you directly(...)
I am most familiar with the NDA gods. Vile creatures that keep secrets. It is however possible to trick them and see some of their secrets.

Bodhisattva said:
the NDA gods
Speaking of which, what's the nickname for the Alchemicals? You know, like Viziers for Sidereals and Lawgivers for Solars and whatnot.

Clockateers.

In first ed most people referred to them as Locusts right? In reference to the Locust Crusade?

Or was that just one group?

Keep guessing, that's how we pried information from the Infernal Bovine and tricked the NDA gods plaguing him.

Well, it sort of matters when someone needs to write stuff related to the Alchemicals and wants to keep that canon flavor going. :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back