• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Ain't No Rest for the Wicked Interest Check

HeartoftheRaven said:
There is a tribe where the right of passage (for men and women), hunters anyway, is to go and kill a troll.Not all that many survive.
Rite of Passage, perhaps? PS3 auto-correct? :P

Are there mechanics for the system, FATE/FAE or something? Or some other tabletop system?

That was my error, it seems.

The mechanics of the system aren't exactly roll of the dice, persay, as I have no dice to roll. It's more of this. "You may be skilled with the sword, but your oppenent is too. You may walk away, and he may be dead, but remember, when you are cleaning your wounds, how you got them."

Basically, it means that even if you win a fight, you still get hit. You don't go unscathed. Not in this RP, anyways. Obviously, some people can take more pain than others(adreniline, and all that) and then some will be swatted upon the nose and act as if they had been shot in the face.

The tolerance to pain and the ability to keep going depends on who the character is, really.

But no, there really isn't a tabletop system. It's just a role-play. In other words, it is a novel we are all working together to write. We just figure out the plot post by post. However, there are a few things plot wise that I am going to ensure happen.

Again, typos are a butt to get rid of on PS3.

I understand the typos, not the easiest to remedy on the console. Well, many good tabletop games are roleplays, though that is understandable based on the ST/GM and the players. A rules-lawyer is no fun in most games. A decent RPG will have the shared story telling aspect. By the way, this site has a built in dice roller. Right next to the Reply button, is the Roll button, when you can ask for however many dice and sides to be rolled by a random number generator. The results are shared on the post afterwards, but you can always apply the OOC tags to them if you want.

None of my Rp's have truly ever been a dice styled Rp. If there is to be a fight between characters of two players, they PM and choreograph it. As much as I love chance, I tend to allow my players to do things they seem fit. Most of the time. Take six arrows? You're going to die. Sure, you can keep fighting until that last arrow buries itself into your flesh, but, you're fucked. If it's reasonable, I tend to allow it. Or I may just change my mind, wait no, Chaos, one of the Fates may intervene and decide that you're going to have a really bad day.

This is an Rp where very little is set in stone, yet a lot is. This is an RP where Chaos and Order were ment to be lovers, but now depsie each other and stray far away from each other. Anything and everything can happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back