• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

advanced, sisters and serial killers?

tetracaine

vampire dealer
hello hello B]

i am relatively new here [jk totally new here] and honestly just want to roleplay like. really really badly.

anyway i am clearly awful at introductions so here's a specific idea you may or may not like:

"This letter serves as neither a resignation nor a suicide note, though I am confident my associates are starved for both."
It's been roughly six and a half months since she's reviewed the preamble of her sister's last piece of art. Six and a half months: (roughly) two hundred and two days, (roughly) four thousand, eight hundred and forty-eight hours, and x amount of glacial moments she's been too exhausted to calculate.

It's been roughly six and a half years since her reflection committed the Despicable Act that inspired the need for those words.

Daisy Griffin is her twin sister, but no one knows it yet. They don't look alike; not anymore. Every day it seems as if one of them is starving for the light of publicity, while the other only shrinks from it.

Neither inherently selfish behavior will keep them alive.
Clarification

Daisy is my character. Your character is her twin sister, [name here]. Daisy is a wealthy, renowned artist, and a reclusive psychopath, lacking a sense of empathy and the distinction between right and wrong, though she's extremely clever, manipulative, and superficially charming. Your character is a supportive though extremely anxious sister, and, as of recent, single mother, struggling to provide for an overzealous child as her life grows more and more stressful due to financial issues and a strain on family bonds. The two are only as connected as they are because of the secret they share--Daisy's cold-blooded killing of an innocent man in her teenage years.

At the time this roleplay takes place, [your character] would have just recently moved in with Daisy (albeit reluctantly) while she attempts to get back on her feet. Things could be uneasy and a little awkward at first, considering Daisy displays no real compassion or empathy, and [your character] is obviously quite nervous around her, knowing full well what no one else does.

Eventually, however, [your character] discovers the skeleton in her closet--that Daisy has killed again, repeatedly, and she is, by all definitions, a serial killer.

From there we can go any route--[your character] is conflicted in wanting to help her sister, wanting to leave as quickly as possible to protect her child and herself, and wanting to stay, because her luck has only grown worse and Daisy has become the only stable thing in her life. In contrast, Daisy has become more manipulative over both [your character]'s child and [your character], knowing full well the cat's out of the bag and she poses an immense and immediate threat for the both of them.

---

okay ! so, if you have any questions, please do let me know and i'd be happy to answer them if i wasn't clear or you're confused on anything. [:

a few guidelines and reminders, however:

- 4-6 paragraphs is my required length, but if you're feeling a little low on muse every once in a while then it's no problem if you're writing a little less. more, of course, is absolutely fine.

- have proper grammar, spelling, provide good details and progress the story, all that good stuff.

- this roleplay is more psychological than physical, if that makes sense. it will have just as much to do with the character's thoughts and feelings on each other as how they interact, if not more so. try to keep it realistic.

- this roleplay will contain some eventual psychological manipulation and violent content; just a heads up.

- this roleplay will more than likely be devoid of romance. if you like, we can introduce someone as a romantic interest later on, but i'd like such things to be considered side plots, as the relationship between sisters is the main focus here.

- have a little knowledge on mental illness. you don't have to be an expert, just open up a wikipedia tab or something so you're not totally clueless. let's keep it real. B]

- you have complete control over your character. i'd like her to be very similar to the person i described above, but of course, you control her fate. her reactions and behaviors toward Daisy and the eventual reveal of her being a serial killer are entirely up to you, as long as they're realistic.

so, if you're interested, let me know here
, and we'll just go from there. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back