Adamant info

Lotus1

i was thinking about making a weapon of adamant, i looked through all my core books and i dont see where it gives the enhancements and bonuses adamant gives to a weapon. I have all the core books so if its in one of the core books could you tell me which page it could be located on. if its not would it be to much to ask for the weapon bonuses it provides and attunement costs?

It's in Alchemicals. The weapon either does piercing damage, or reduces the target's soak by 4. The book is ambiguous; I'd suggest making it piercing, and using the soak reduction for weapons that are already piercing.

It listed under one the Alchies close comabt charms. I can't remeber the exact name right now. I think its Magical Material Syntesis or something along those lines

(Magical Material) Synthesis Wave Emitter. Adamant version reduces target armor soak by 4... but when it comes to material bonuses, I'd refer to Beam Klaves and Gyroscopic Chakrams. For those Artifacts Adamant does piercing damage.

Hmm, however, I don't think an Adamant Goremaul will last very long. Adamant is supersharp but extremely fragile...

If adamant is to be treated as a sixth MM, wouldn't it share all of the traditional MM peusdo-indestructability, regardless of what its composition would suggest?

Yes, as of Autochthonians, Adamant recieves all the true benefits of being a MM.  There has been some suggestion that it is brittle only in creation, or that the adamant mentioned in ToT is not "true" adamant, much like moonsilver that is improperly mined can be.  

However, there are other mentions of adamant being "strong," such as the adamant sky for Yu Shuan.

Navander said:
There has been some suggestion that it is brittle only in creation, or that the adamant mentioned in ToT is not "true" adamant, much like moonsilver that is improperly mined can be.
I think it's just a case of inconsistent writing/retcon'ing on WW's part.

It's also obvious to me that the only reason the Autocthonians book delves into having adamant as the "sixth MM" is because the Caste/Favored spread for Alchemicals leaves one possible permutation unused.

If it wasn't for these mathematical leftovers, we would have never seen any mention of the "Adamant Caste", or stats for adamant weapons.

-S

BurningPalm said:
It's in Alchemicals. The weapon either does piercing damage, or reduces the target's soak by 4. The book is ambiguous; I'd suggest making it piercing, and using the soak reduction for weapons that are already piercing.
If you get to stack both it leaves a question: Would you reduce the soak before or after applying the piercing effect? Reducing afterwards obviously allows for a much stronger effect. I think reducing first would be the more balanced thing to do though.

Another suggestion: Non-piercing weapons become piercing weapons. Already piercing weapons get to bypass armour hardness. For a bigger weapon this would be a dull benefit (so to speak) but I'm thinking it would allow for some practical small, nasty, can-opening type puncture weapons (or even arrows) for the types who are into that kind of thing.

I'd ditch the agg damage bit.  I always thought it was stupid.  It'll cut you really good, not vaporize your arm.  

And remember, the aggravated damage was supposed to be balanced out by it being extremely brittle.  Of course, I'd still allow the stuff to do crazy things like any mono-edge should.  Cutting holes in stone and the like.  Also makes great scalpels.

hey thank you guys for the info i looked in Eta and sure enough i found info on admant liek you said i apreciate your help.

Only other mention of Adamant I've seen is the Bird of Vanielth. Thier wings can be made into adamant knives.

Damn nice adamant knives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back