News About Recent Downtime and Slowness

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Can you recall the error message?

[/QUOTE]
I'm trying to recall the exact message I don't believe it had an error code in or anything but if I remember or see it again I'll let you know

Not sure if it is true or not, but yesterday when I tried to post and check my PM, I couldn't and the site said it was down. If it was down, being worked on, then you can ignore this because I haven't noticed any slowness before that. And the site seems to be working right now.

I've noticed a lot of slowness over the past few days, but I put it down to our internet (other pages have been slow as well). However, there were several occasions when I'd see that there were alerts and tried to hover over the flag to see what the alerts were, and it was very slow loading the dropdown for it. Frequently over the past weekend, while loading the alerts dropdown, it would think and think and think and then tell me that it was backing up the database and to try again later. Clicking on anything (I go to my "Watched Forums" page a lot, for example) would give me the same message.

I can't tell if the slowness is the site, or my laptop slowly dying. It definitely seems worst when using Chrome.

We rescheduled the backup for tonight to run about 20 minutes ago and it worked, however, there was an issue where the site would display an error about an unexpected database problem. No actual problem with this - it's just that the backup freezes all connections while it happens. This has been fixed so that the page should go into a load loop and not actually finish loading until the backup is complete. I ran the backup again manually and this works as expected.

All I've had is The data base is currently being backed up at the moment message whenever I come home. At first I thought it was me because when I would check the site at someone else's house the message was gone. I couldn't even access the website from my phone.

I continue to notice slowness, but I'm not convinced my ISP isn't to blame somewhere.

I have had a bit of trouble loading pages, but like Kaerri I might have to lay some of that blame on my ISP. RPNation does seem to load a touch slower that most other sites I visit but only from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back