• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Number of Ideas [General Interest Check, Fantasy and Sci-Fi]

Which, if any of these would you be interested in?

• The Sin Of Magic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remnants on the Run

• Liquid Strength

• Power of the Indebted

• Total voters
This is just an interest check for a few ideas I have floating around, I thought I'd do an interest check for all of them to see which would garner the most interest... So... Here they are! Oh, and I know these are pretty short, this is so I can decide on which ones to flesh out more so I don't end up wasting my time on something nobody joins.

The Sin Of Magic [Adventure, Low Fantasy]

Plot

In times recent a darkness has fallen over the land, the nights are dangerous, Things stalk the countryside, felling any whom they come across, devouring their very flesh and soul and bringing it into their own. Slowly mankind dwindles away, being eaten away at by an ever persistent threat, the only ones able to combat it being those who wield Magic, The Scholars, but due to it's nature those that can wield it's power and not be corrupted by its influence are few and far between. Because of this, you, and six others have banded together, seeking out a way, a way to bolster your power and fight back the tides of darkness, but, with this carries risk, as with the closer you come to power, the closer you comes to falling into it's depths...

Additional Info

As a Scholar you practice magic, but, the magic in this world is not based on the concept of the elements, the divines, or even on that of runes, all magic in this world draws it's origin from the Seven Deadly Sins, each representing a concept, of which all Magic under authority manipulates. Scholars are those who can wield this power, but, it comes with a price, it corrupts the user, tempting them to Sin, and because of this only those of strongest will or greatest of purity wield it, lest they become something awful.

Remnants on the Run [space, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

Plot

Until recent times, there stood an Empire, reigning over most the known universe with none to oppose it. Under it's rule the people were unsatisfied, irked by the way things were operated, by the way things were distributed, by the way they were treated, and, eventually, they rose up, rebelling against their oppressors, but, that is a story for another day. The war went on for years, and finally met it's end with the victory of the Rebels, and the dissolution of the Empire. Months have passed and for some reason or another the Rebels now hunt you and your crew, all of you have a reason to flee, perhaps you were someone of import, perhaps you witnessed something they would rather be left untold, or perhaps you are just a simple supporter of the Empire. It matters not, all of you are in the same boat now, and, regardless of your former position, or lack of, and you must run. Where? That's up to you to decide.

Liquid Strength [PLACEHOLDER NAME] [Dystopia, Sci-Fi]

Plot

The year is 2442. You are an inhabitant of Starladder City, either a civilian, a member of the militarized police force, or part of the dark underworld of the city. What sets Starladder apart from the other mega-cites of the world is the innovation of Visc, a liquid substance that, with the proper equipment and operations can be used to augment the human body, allowing for modifications such as additional limbs, among other things. Visc is both what drives the city, the police force using it to dominate crime, bringing order to the city. Like any weapon though, it has fallen into the hands of those it was meant to defeat, criminals utilizing, skyrocketing crime and throwing the city onto it's head.

Note: The plot of this RP is going to change, I will likely make a separate interest check when it is more fleshed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in the Sin of Magic more than i'm interested in Liquid Strength

I'm looking around. Power of the Indebted would likely be free-form though.

The others, well, if you have know some good magic focused systems for The Sin Of Magic then I'd love if you'd let me know, though, I'm also considering making that a free-form RP, depending on how the idea evolves. I'm fairly interested in finding a good Spaceship Combat System for Remnants on the Run, as that is where most the combat will be taking place.

Mage: The Awakening for magic is comprehensive. Although, based on the source of it, then FATE/FAE may be a more suitable option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back