A Number of Games, For Your Deliberation:

I don't know enough yet about the magic in Crucible, but I'm thinking of doing something 'weird'.

Two very rough concepts come to mind, but they do depend on the exact idea behind it.

- A Magus who is very skilled at the healing arts, but he's just as hungry for power as the rest.

- I played a combat mage once, that was very fun to play. A mix of potent combat magics and skilled physical abilities.

Haku, Errant; There is still space in Broken. I said six, but purely because I like it as a number. Eight is actually my favourite anyway.

Dingo: Magic is quite freeform, and both of your ideas are perfectly feasible. For the first, a Communer would be the Magus of choice - able to resculpt flesh and bone, and to create new species or biotech. Most of the monsters in the setting are the creation of Communers, and the Alchemist Bloodline are actually the descendents of a supersoldier program.

As for Warrior-Mage, well... I designed the game to subvert the hell out of squishy wizards. One of my favourite NPC Magi was a Conflagrant (Fire Mage) who was also a barbarian warlord. Built like a brick shithouse and twice as thick, but able to raise a hellstorm of fire in battle. Intelligence has no bearing on your ability to use Magic - it's all about willpower.

I suppose I should explain; there are 12 Patterns of Magic that roughly correspond to Life, Death, Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Light, Dark, Time/Space, Fate, Mind, and Antimagic. They're much, much broader than they sound, though.

Then, I'd love to be in Magic & Mayhem, and will send you along a character concept this evening. Cheers Grey.

Excellent. If you happen to have a good one for Broken, shout me too.

Setting these games up will keep me sane for the three days I have to spend visiting my family.

Ahah! I'ma play a Solar! I mean, Torchbearer!

Their Pattern is all about light and insight, right? Minor spells like light up a dark room, major spells like, say, a solar flare? Can set up wards and holdings, that sort of thing? On the more abstract side of things, light and inspiration, such as, burn away shadows and reveal the hidden, see invisible things, burn away the facade of things and see them as they are?

Fortunate that my choice of Patterns was slowly inclining towards a Chronomancer, otherwise we'd be fighting over that one...

I'm reconsidering a little, just a quick ask- how far do the powers of a Guardian stretch? I just had a rather fun idea for a skinny, slightly irritating guy who you really don't want to piss off, 'cause you'd then be quite likely to be swallowed by the earth.

That's kinda beside the point, actually. What I really want to ask is how much a Guardian can do to endure- how far they can emulate stone themself, kind of thing.

High Logos, they can very much emulate stone.

Low Logos... Well, a friend of mine once ran Crucible for me to play, and I played a Guardian.

I built magical power armour. In a cave. With a box of scraps.

I'm afraid Broken is fully up.

Brekkir, you're added. Magic & Mayhem still has room.

No takers for the Fair Folk game? I'm just curious - I don't plan to run it for a while now I have these two going.

I'd be interested for Fair Folk as well but as stated its likely going to be held off which is fine, I have a construct and necromancer to play. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back