A Nameless Eclipse

Vil

One Time Luck
On a great Exalted 2.25 site, I have two characters. One is Rayshalakh No`pel Xii Norgh Taalu, an Anklok warlord. The second, who I've played for over a year, is The Nameless Eclipse. I based the mindset and personality of the character off of Matt Smith's portrayal of the 11th Doctor. That's been played to the hilt so much that when I finally got around to doing a character sketch, I even used Matt as a reference. Anyway, I have lots of fun with the character.

For those of you who have used other fiction to inspire your characters, rather in our outside of anime, from where have you drawn inspiration? In the past, as far as anime is concerned, Roger Smith of Big O inspired a character.

Vil said:
On a great Exalted 2.25 site, I have two characters. One is Rayshalakh No`pel Xii Norgh Taalu, an Anklok warlord. The second, who I've played for over a year, is The Nameless Eclipse. I based the mindset and personality of the character off of Matt Smith's portrayal of the 11th Doctor. That's been played to the hilt so much that when I finally got around to doing a character sketch, I even used Matt as a reference. Anyway, I have lots of fun with the character.
For those of you who have used other fiction to inspire your characters, rather in our outside of anime, from where have you drawn inspiration? In the past, as far as anime is concerned, Roger Smith of Big O inspired a character.
I have taken inspiration for mortals from The Dresden Files book series. Everyone either has magic or is some sort of supernatural creature or another, but I liked the way Policewoman Karrin Murphy and "Gentleman" Johnny Marcone held their own as plain ol' vanilla mortals.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]I have taken inspiration for mortals from The Dresden Files book series. Everyone either has magic or is some sort of supernatural creature or another, but I liked the way Policewoman Karrin Murphy and "Gentleman" Johnny Marcone held their own as plain ol' vanilla mortals.

[/QUOTE]
That's cool. I've only seen the TV series. I liked it, and the books have been recommended to Me. Eventually, I plan to get around to reading those.

I like to mix things between muliple sources/genras . I once played Dawn called Krillin, which was a mix between Goko from Dragonball Z and General Patton.

uteck said:
I like to mix things between muliple sources/genras . I once played Dawn called Krillin, which was a mix between Goko from Dragonball Z and General Patton.
That sounds really cool.

I've actually never used anime as an inspiration for my Exalts, so I'm way ahead of you. :D

In general, though, my inspiration for Exalted characters comes from...other Exalted characters, and standard RPG archetypes that I like to twist completely out of shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back