A Lunar in the Lion's Exalted?

LaFreeze

3rd Soul of Kimbery
Re-reading the part where the First and Forsaken Lion calls his minions together it seemed to me like they had a full moon Lunar among their ranks name Five Waves' Fury. This confuses me. Are there Death Knight Lunars? Why would a Lunar help a Death Lord?

No idea, sir, but yes, Faffles has at least one full moon lunar under his service. The little interaction we saw points that she seems comfortable with her current situation...

But note one important detail: The First and Forsaken Lion doesn't give a damn to the neverborn agenda. His two big goals are getting out of that armor and dominating the underworld.

That adds a lot of leeway in the array of reasons a lunar could have to work with the underworld.

You don't have to be an abyssal to work for a Deathlord. And from the looks of it Five Waves Fury has some serious dots in solar bond with Flame. So that is the most likely route she joined.

Honestly, what confuses me most about her is that she is an 'admiral'....To a Deathlord with no navy, at all. Because his fortress is in the middle of a desert tens of thousands of miles away from any body of water bigger then a small pond.

Well, it's likely, given Fury's alternate shape and the fact that she likely has ranks in sail, that when she joined, she started forming a navy for him. Set up a shipyard on a coast somewhere, ensure supply lines remain open, and ta da! One navy for the Falafel.

Wait, what is her alternate form? I don't think they revealed it in the comic.

Also on page 278 we saw a map with a lot of water and snow so it would see the lion has an eye toward someplace in the north where a navy might be very important to him and if you look closely at the map possibly someone with blue hair studying it.

While were on the subject of the dark Exalted, any idea if Third Man Born in Readiness is an Alchemical? He looks like someone halfway through Nova's exaltation process. Can normal Abyssals get stuff like that?

Little tidly bit of info, Five Wave's Fury was a chararcter Jukashi's in a West based game on the PbP site. She was not DL affiliated in that game though. I'll see if I can find her sheet for shits and giggles.

LaFreeze said:
Wait, what is her alternate form? I don't think they revealed it in the comic.
Also on page 278 we saw a map with a lot of water and snow so it would see the lion has an eye toward someplace in the north where a navy might be very important to him and if you look closely at the map possibly someone with blue hair studying it.

While were on the subject of the dark Exalted, any idea if Third Man Born in Readiness is an Alchemical? He looks like someone halfway through Nova's exaltation process. Can normal Abyssals get stuff like that?
First, judging by her appearance, and to some degree her mannerisms Five Waves Fury's pretty obviously a shark or siaka (big shark) or something similar.
Second, the map with lots of water on it was a world map, which didn't show the portion of the world where The Lion is based (it is, as mentioned, in a huge mountain range in a massive desert (and I do mean massive, like, I dunno, the size of Africa or something, it's so ridiculous, it's not even funny) miles and miles from any and all seas (it's also in another dimension, but that's beside the point)). Also the portions we saw, given the shape of the map, weren't in the North but in the East, making it likely that (since the East is covered with plains and forests) the whiteness was merely the mapmaker not bothering to fill in terrain (alternately Jukashi wishing to avoid too many happy colors like green and yellow showing up in the middle of the Lion's fortress).

And Third Man's likely just wearing a lot of implanted Artifacts. Nova's partial Exaltation process was something extremely unique and homebrewed, likely invented by her, likely wouldn't work on an Exalt (especially not an Abyssal) given incompatible Essences and, if it does work, requires the services of technicians specially educated in the workings of Autochtonian technology, which they are unlikely to have working for them, given that they're at war with the Autochtonians.

Surgically attaching a bunch of weird Artifacts to your body, however, requires nothing but a series of advanced surgical techniques the people of Creation have long since perfected, and can be highly useful and stylish.

Arrghus said:
LaFreeze said:
And Third Man's likely just wearing a lot of implanted Artifacts. Nova's partial Exaltation process was something extremely unique and homebrewed, likely invented by her, likely wouldn't work on an Exalt (especially not an Abyssal) given incompatible Essences and, if it does work, requires the services of technicians specially educated in the workings of Autochtonian technology, which they are unlikely to have working for them, given that they're at war with the Autochtonians.
Surgically attaching a bunch of weird Artifacts to your body, however, requires nothing but a series of advanced surgical techniques the people of Creation have long since perfected, and can be highly useful and stylish.
A lot more unlikely but just as possible, Eclipses/Moonshadows/Fiends can buy General/Dedicated Charm Slots and install Alchemical Charms

I feel obligated to point out a very important fact.

Creation has SANDSHIPS. They're ships, with sails, that glide along by wind-power on the sands of the Southern Desert.

Given that he's got a Full-Moon "Admiral," and that he knows he might one day have to fight the Silver Prince, I wouldn't be surprised if FAFL was building a soulsteel fleet of amphibious sandships for conquering the South that are also seaworthy for conquering the West. Guy's had a LOT of time to plan.

Creation has SANDSHIPS. They're ships, with sails, that glide along by wind-power on the sands of the Southern Desert.

Given that he's got a Full-Moon "Admiral," and that he knows he might one day have to fight the Silver Prince, I wouldn't be surprised if FAFL was building a soulsteel fleet of amphibious sandships for conquering the South that are also seaworthy for conquering the West. Guy's had a LOT of time to plan.
Yea but if she is really a shark Lunar it would make more sense for her to be a traditional water based admiral.

LaFreeze said:

Yea but if she is really a shark Lunar it would make more sense for her to be a traditional water based admiral.
Two words: Land sharks! You are now fucked.

Arrghus said:
Two words: Land sharks! You are now fucked.
remiq.net_9571.jpg

That manga is Gyo, and it is a horror manga by Junji Ito. The guy is also famous online for Uzumaki and a short story called The Enigma of Amigara Fault. All three of them are disturbing. Though also full of non-scary quotes when taken out of context. ("This hole was made for me!")

If I remember, the Lion doesn't quite trust his Moonshadows simply because of their natural excellency in the only place he could be considered inexperienced, sailing. Granted, this wouldn't mean he wouldn't want an admiral or two though, even if they would be operating well outside his domain.

Yeah, I should have used some italics. A friend of mine just sent it to me about a year or two ago, didn't tell me anything about it, and just said read it. So I was just like lolwut.

There was a picture kicking around of someone who had taken one of his mangas. The gaming group was asking their DM/ST if they were going to play some DnD that night and then the ST/DM says that they are going to be playing Exalted, and then everything just goes twisty apeshit. I wish I had saved it. I tried desperately to find it a couple months ago, but no one knew what the hell I was talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back