• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Land Called Var

@Grimclaw okay so i have a question...The setting is pretty much two compleatly different nations who want to go to war against each other? Or is that just one of them? And only the characters within those nations can rp within the same one? like if i make a character in Alderford she can only rp with characters in Alderford?

Grimclaw said:
Oh it's all the same universe. So any character you make can fight/talk/whatever with all the rest.
You are correct that the nations of Alderford and Lastfair are to go to war, which is why there is open slots specifically for them. However there is slots open for people of other nations who want to get involved in the war somehow too.

Best example is our viking played by @Knight Nate , hailing from Greyrock Mountains.

@TeaLeaves
yeah i'll do that. and so if i want to make her from another place, im guessing i make it up, am i correct? so if i make a character from...lets say a village outside the two nations, they can freely stay in any of the two? And what kind subject of magic would they have if they are from another nation? can i still pick any from the list?

TeaLeaves said:
yeah i'll do that. and so if i want to make her from another place, im guessing i make it up, am i correct? so if i make a character from...lets say a village outside the two nations, they can freely stay in any of the two? And what kind subject of magic would they have if they are from another nation? can i still pick any from the list?
Yes! Unless they decide to pick an allegiance with one or the other, they are considered neutral.

As for places, Feel free to make a village name etc. Though I'm still uploading most of the generic spots in the locations tab (Haven't finished yet) But I'll happily add it on and get a good picture for it, just so I don't keep you waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grimclaw said:
Yes! Unless they decide to pick an allegiance with one or the other, they are considered neutral.
As for places, Feel free to make a village name etc. Though I'm still uploading most of the generic spots in the locations tab (Haven't finished yet) But I'll happily add it on and get a good picture for it, just so I don't keep you waiting.
;O oh wow thanks! Ok~ i can provide a picture too if it makes things easier

Most, if not all, the locations have been registered up in the Locations/setting tab. Feel free to check it out to know the world of Var a bit better!

Also it is time I slept, but tomorrow I will try nail down on making neutral characters for the neutral characters tab.

An example will be Bolvar, current Chieftain of the mighty people of the north.

Got the neutral characters aligned with Alderford registered on the Neutral characters tab. Will move to Lastfair's, Greyrock's and Roguebreach's characters after a moments break.

so we should think of some exciting event to RP. i think having our characters wonder around is a bit...eh. How about some festival? or something where we can somehow gather all of our derps?

Anyone free for a little chat (IC)?

Damm, I was out for a day, and everyone is into little groups already (and there`s what, two pages already of RP? At the rate from this morning...I better check)

Also, @TeaLeaves , no worries, we`re still in character intro. I think right now, there shouldn`t be much excitement yet, but rather quirks and such should be being introduced. Showing character, that´s the first chapter`s purpose.

After that, if needed, I`ll pull something of my long sleeve. No, not that one. Not that one either. Yes, that one. What do you mean three arms?

Idea said:
Anyone free for a little chat (IC)?
Damm, I was out for a day, and everyone is into little groups already (and there`s what, two pages already of RP? At the rate from this morning...I better check)

Also, @TeaLeaves , no worries, we`re still in character intro. I think right now, there shouldn`t be much excitement yet, but rather quirks and such should be being introduced. Showing character, that´s the first chapter`s purpose.

After that, if needed, I`ll pull something of my long sleeve. No, not that one. Not that one either. Yes, that one. What do you mean three arms?
loool true true. Sorry i just get impatient...and worried...Cuz i feel people will forget the rp and just not post (happens to me WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to many times) so i feel its better if i..suggest something? But anyways, yeah not much has happened, my character just got drunk and went off to the inn. and the others are in the tavern, i believe. And the two others are outside talking in the rain.

@Idea also, I'm up for our characters interacting. I mean, if you want to talk to a drunk lady <:

TeaLeaves said:
loool true true. Sorry i just get impatient...and worried...Cuz i feel people will forget the rp and just not post (happens to me WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to many times) so i feel its better if i..suggest something? But anyways, yeah not much has happened, my character just got drunk and went off to the inn. and the others are in the tavern, i believe. And the two others are outside talking in the rain.
@Idea also, I'm up for our characters interacting. I mean, if you want to talk to a drunk lady <:
I have one asleep that could get woken up and one approaching on a flying mantra (which I had hoped would pose a show, given not everyone is capable of conjuring a flying beast to fly in, but I guess it`s like rain there...oops).

Oh and by the way, it hasn`t even been a day. Heck, I only got home a few hours ago, and I was working on something else. Everyone gets busy, and I´m honestly surprised the RP posts were multiplying like maggots while I was at work.

Hey, sorry to say this, but other than really late (AKA past 10:30) I won't be able to reply for a while.

TeaLeaves said:
so we should think of some exciting event to RP. i think having our characters wonder around is a bit...eh. How about some festival? or something where we can somehow gather all of our derps?
I was planning on advancing the status of the war every 3 days, but I can make it quicker if needs be. The next step was going to be put up tomorrow.

Gonna post soon for those who are wondering. Making my way home from work. And I think the war status every 3 days is good. If not, is gonna look rushed

Going to be placing the next step in the war phase now. However, I won't be able to participate at the moment until my exam is over tomorrow.

Second phase has been posted in the forums and lore tab. Read when you can, and hope to see you all later on. Goodnight.

Idea said:
I could`ve sworn those didn`t exist in medieval times...which we`re basicly on...
A bathroom? Oh yeah o3o those are old af. Plus, if there r flying ships, I would think those people would manage to create a system for human waste xD

Sagitarius said:
A bathroom? Oh yeah o3o those are old af
No I mean private ones. I am pretty sure at this point it was too complicated to build one for everyone...

But whatever it´s a fantasy anyway. Let´s just say my character is so sleepy she walked into your`s room following her and didn´t realize it.

Idea said:
No I mean private ones. I am pretty sure at this point it was too complicated to build one for everyone...
But whatever it´s a fantasy anyway. Let´s just say my character is so sleepy she walked into your`s room following her and didn´t realize it.
Idk man hahah, but no no, I know what I'll do in the situation C:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back