A Fragile Peace

not for me I revel in it, and no I meant the missing few players who haven't posted

I just finish the kingdom I was working on anyone want to play the king or princess i'll be playing the queen?

Demensia said:
as long as you didn't miss this you should be good
Well, before I begin the process of filling in the sheet I wanted to run my character by everyone here first, mostly because it's going to involve everyone and I felt required to check everyone would be ok before I created the character.

Allow me to forward this with an explanation why I'm creating the character in this particular fashion. I wanted to make a dynamic character who could be able to interact with everyone else's character, and if possible provide a good amount of tension while still maintaining the goal of being a commoner I had in mind; it was slightly more challenging considering everyone seems to be of noble birth (or at least last I checked).

My character will be the guy who knows the guy. That sounds a tad confusing but let me explain. he's a character who seems to know someone for nearly everything you could require. You need someone to sell stolen goods to? He's got a guy for that. Someone willing to murder for profit? He's got a guy for that too. A guy with a pink bunny that can create bombs the size of the planet? Unlikely, but he will tell you he knows a guy for that and damn well try his hardest to find one. Oh, but he's not so one dimensional he's a guy with a different name to everyone, and a man who will help everyone if they have something of interest to him. As for why he is in the area, he's a traveler, but as he's been helping out the recent king, he's been around for about 4 months, taking care of the poorer district and has the district essentially under his control... Kind of.

Now I propose a small amount of effort to you all that could make the plot vastly more interesting. What if we were to say he has helped all your lovely noble characters at one point or another. They all know him under a different name of course, and when he drops in unannounced, they would all consider him an ally, each one after their own goals but now they have a sort of hidden undiscovered weapon of sorts. I think it would be spectacular for the plot. Of course, you guys can name him whatever you think would suit you, albeit none of the names would be his real name.

I mean this is of course the place where the characters are all made up and the names don't matter.

TL;DR: No. Go and read it, it's damn well important.

I feel like thats the 8th pasta of it.
I understand your point and intention for your character, but it's going to be hard to spark a story of how my character considers yours an immediate ally. If your character's a male, we'd need to consider that Rosette (my character) doesn't like the company or presence of men. Second, she's also a very independent lady, who may at all costs decline help offered to her and instead, give it. Third, she personally sees only those of her nation as allies. Anyone outside of Eos (including those who aren't official citizens of the nation) are better off as strangers to her.

Maybe she can be familiar with him from sheer knowledge or other people's stories, but so far, that'll be the end of it.

Meillifluous said:
I understand your point and intention for your character, but it's going to be hard to spark a story of how my character considers yours an immediate ally. If your character's a male, we'd need to consider that Rosette (my character) doesn't like the company or presence of men. Second, she's also a very independent lady, who may at all costs decline help offered to her and instead, give it. Third, she personally sees only those of her nation as allies. Anyone outside of Eos (including those who aren't official citizens of the nation) are better off as strangers to her.
Maybe she can be familiar with him from sheer knowledge or other people's stories, but so far, that'll be the end of it.
aye I can see that, probably the hardest nut to crack. anyway as I mentioned prior, he could have helped your king or queen so you are familiar that way.

May I just add, it would be hard for your character to have a relationship with mine as the people of Alinor havent spoke to anyone outside of the mountains for 300 years and are regarded as a myth. So how do you propose that our characters will have a story between them? unless its like built as the RP goes along? Apart from that I'm not really sure.

Btw your character sheet was well thought out, I like it a lot :)

@Demensia

LeSoraAmari said:
May I just add, it would be hard for your character to have a relationship with mine as the people of Alinor havent spoke to anyone outside of the mountains for 300 years and are regarded as a myth. So how do you propose that our characters will have a story between them? unless its like built as the RP goes along? Apart from that I'm not really sure.
Btw your character sheet was well thought out, I like it a lot :)

@Demensia
Thank you sir or madam. haven't spoken to anyone outside of the mountains correct? Vincent is first and for most a traveler, he merely wishes to explore even those places uncharted (well he has other goals too but I digress.), considering he came from a place unfit for living it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to search for other lands that are similar, as for what he helped with, travel and information, I'm sure that he would have never have known about the king's death unless someone had provided the information. :)

Demensia said:
Thank you sir or madam. haven't spoken to anyone outside of the mountains correct? Vincent is first and for most a traveler, he merely wishes to explore even those places uncharted (well he has other goals too but I digress.), considering he came from a place unfit for living it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to search for other lands that are similar, as for what he helped with, travel and information, I'm sure that he would have never have known about the king's death unless someone had provided the information. :)
That makes a lot of sense. Well, thats that cleared up :) you really have planned this out very well *applauds*

LeSoraAmari said:
That makes a lot of sense. Well, thats that cleared up :) you really have planned this out very well *applauds*
Indeed I have *bows with all the grace of an elephant in an apple store*

--Hello! This is a generic response to all the roleplayers whom I'm in a roleplay with. I'm sick and struck with writer's block, and some real-life problems aren't helping. This is to inform you that I may be out for a few days, and if not, just idly staring into space and wondering what and how to respond. Thanks for your patience and understanding.--

Meillifluous said:
--Hello! This is a generic response to all the roleplayers whom I'm in a roleplay with. I'm sick and struck with writer's block, and some real-life problems aren't helping. This is to inform you that I may be out for a few days, and if not, just idly staring into space and wondering what and how to respond. Thanks for your patience and understanding.--
No worries! We all encounter that every once in a while. Hope you feel better!

Meillifluous said:
Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.

Meillifluous said:
I already knew. I may have stalked you my apoligies

I'm going for a 3 weeks long hiatus. Feel free to drag Hail around, but do not hurt/kill him.

[QUOTE="too much idea]I'm going for a 3 weeks long hiatus. Feel free to drag Hail around, but do not hurt/kill him.

[/QUOTE]
*Will merrily use him as a meat shield*

Wait what (0_0)... Well Hail him self is ready to lay down his life to save the prince so...

sweet more people, what happened to tenebris dude btw, I haven't seen him around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back