A Fragile Peace

Eris Discordia] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11903-creator-kayrana/ said:
@Creator Kayrana[/URL] Which continent is your nation on? I'm making a map.
Dremer, a continent that is trying to float away xD

The copy pasta of the characters and kingdoms has been done, will continue to improve the kingdoms (aka searching songs and pictures of it)

Eris Discordia] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11903-creator-kayrana/ said:
@Creator Kayrana[/URL] Which continent is your nation on? I'm making a map.
I appreciate this SO MUCH.

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Well, before I begin the process of filling in the sheet I wanted to run my character by everyone here first, mostly because it's going to involve everyone and I felt required to check everyone would be ok before I created the character.

Allow me to forward this with an explanation why I'm creating the character in this particular fashion. I wanted to make a dynamic character who could be able to interact with everyone else's character, and if possible provide a good amount of tension while still maintaining the goal of being a commoner I had in mind; it was slightly more challenging considering everyone seems to be of noble birth (or at least last I checked).

My character will be the guy who knows the guy. That sounds a tad confusing but let me explain. he's a character who seems to know someone for nearly everything you could require. You need someone to sell stolen goods to? He's got a guy for that. Someone willing to murder for profit? He's got a guy for that too. A guy with a pink bunny that can create bombs the size of the planet? Unlikely, but he will tell you he knows a guy for that and damn well try his hardest to find one. Oh, but he's not so one dimensional he's a guy with a different name to everyone, and a man who will help everyone if they have something of interest to him. As for why he is in the area, he's a traveler, but as he's been helping out the recent king, he's been around for about 4 months, taking care of the poorer district and has the district essentially under his control... Kind of.

Now I propose a small amount of effort to you all that could make the plot vastly more interesting. What if we were to say he has helped all your lovely noble characters at one point or another. They all know him under a different name of course, and when he drops in unannounced, they would all consider him an ally, each one after their own goals but now they have a sort of hidden undiscovered weapon of sorts. I think it would be spectacular for the plot. Of course, you guys can name him whatever you think would suit you, albeit none of the names would be his real name.

I mean this is of course the place where the characters are all made up and the names don't matter.

TL;DR: No. Go and read it, it's damn well important.

Demensia said:
Well, before I begin the process of filling in the sheet I wanted to run my character by everyone here first, mostly because it's going to involve everyone and I felt required to check everyone would be ok before I created the character.
Allow me to forward this with an explanation why I'm creating the character in this particular fashion. I wanted to make a dynamic character who could be able to interact with everyone else's character, and if possible provide a good amount of tension while still maintaining the goal of being a commoner I had in mind; it was slightly more challenging considering everyone seems to be of noble birth (or at least last I checked).

My character will be the guy who knows the guy. That sounds a tad confusing but let me explain. he's a character who seems to know someone for nearly everything you could require. You need someone to sell stolen goods to? He's got a guy for that. Someone willing to murder for profit? He's got a guy for that too. A guy with a pink bunny that can create bombs the size of the planet? Unlikely, but he will tell you he knows a guy for that and damn well try his hardest to find one. Oh, but he's not so one dimensional he's a guy with a different name to everyone, and a man who will help everyone if they have something of interest to him. As for why he is in the area, he's a traveler, but as he's been helping out the recent king, he's been around for about 4 months, taking care of the poorer district and has the district essentially under his control... Kind of.

Now I propose a small amount of effort to you all that could make the plot vastly more interesting. What if we were to say he has helped all your lovely noble characters at one point or another. They all know him under a different name of course, and when he drops in unannounced, they would all consider him an ally, each one after their own goals but now they have a sort of hidden undiscovered weapon of sorts. I think it would be spectacular for the plot. Of course, you guys can name him whatever you think would suit you, albeit none of the names would be his real name.

I mean this is of course the place where the characters are all made up and the names don't matter.

TL;DR: No. Go and read it, it's damn well important.
I like this idea.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
I like this idea.
could you quote it and tag everyone whose involved in the rp? I want to make sure it gets read so noone is lost later.

@Demensia I do love the idea... but I don't know what my characters would have needed someone for... Especially not Tehuri, since well her kingdom is kinda closed off for everyone?

so maybe he could just be the guy every one knows... or somehting?

DarkiusHeavenstein said:
@Demensia I do love the idea... but I don't know what my characters would have needed someone for... Especially not Tehuri, since well her kingdom is kinda closed off for everyone?
so maybe he could just be the guy every one knows... or somehting?
Being the guy who everyone knows is pointless as it means he won't have much for his goal (more on that at another time.) Seeing your characters I have less of a dilemma with them than you think. Bear in mind that it does not need to be specifically them that needed Vincent for, as an example they are both royal but are not officially the king or queen? Perhaps the queen had Vincent be Tehuri's first of a few dance partners and also a sort of eye on the princess, considering his wit and charm I would not expect Vincent to be so mocking of a female leader which would be a desirable quality no? I imagine Vincent would say "Well, this is a more dangerous place than expected, A queen plays at politics like someone plays chess, always ahead by ten moves and a far more valuable piece than any king."

edit: Even better than a wager, what if someone he knew was stuck in a river rapids, he cannot swim, but I can assure you that Vincent can, what if he saved a person for your dashing prince? Not on request but of his own means.

Last edited by a moderator:
@animegirl20 Try [spoiler.]Image[/spoiler.] (without the periods.) that should work.

9XnRBZ2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
oh the continent is more of an island based place. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. also you may need to edit the picture in a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back