• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Crown Unbefit -- Interest Checks and Invites

Coin

world's okayest lobotomite (they/them)
A CROWN UNBEFIT​
With winter came a warning, delivered from the Exalted Cardinals.
“Thedosia shall descend from its heavenly stupor.”

With spring came squalls and downpours that ran the mud thin.
An artifact had become exposed, taken by the king under the veil of night.

With summer came the armies of greed, come to dethrone a vanished Lord.
The king of Thedosia had gone into hiding, his obsession with the artifact beyond his desire to reign -- an open invitation abroad and within.
acu.jpg
THE STORM COMETH​
THE KINGDOM OF THEDOSIA'S rule is threatened. The king is incapable, his heirs are dead and the crown's allies run dangerously thin. Stability within the borders falters as Thedosian royalty fabricate claim to the throne, the neighbor Kingdom of Dusilia poise to strike the uncertain land and barbarians amass their hordes to reap the sow of kings. Time runs short for Thedosia.

In this roleplay, player characters will hail from the colorful nobility of Thedosia. The houses of Thedosia are split into a dominion known as the Eight Blossoms. Du-Catal, Gesir, Mivencross, Tyvenna, Cape Rumort, Syvel, Grenspire and the Kegel Freeport -- mighty houses in their own regard, form the great nation of Thedosia united under one king. The theme of this roleplay is medieval political intrigue and it is encouraged that players apply to be dukes, duchesses, nobles, bishops, knights and the elite of Thedosia. Servant, soldier and peasant characters are allowed in key circumstances so long that they support other character-played nobility in the story -- lower caste characters are not the focus of this roleplay.

Theme: Medieval political intrigue
Players: 6-10
RPing level: Advanced
Commitment: 1-4 posts per week
Other: Communication between the GM and other players is mandatory
Inspiration: Game of Thrones, War of the Roses, Hundred Years’ War

The main thread will explain much more of the story and its setting, while this is simply to gauge interest. If this thread gains enough traction, I will come forth with the main thread in one to two day's time. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here or send me PMs. If you know someone that may be interested, feel free to tag them as well.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Thanks for showing interest for this roleplay. Expect the main thread to be up in 2 to 3 days time. Everyone that has posted I will tag in that thread, but please be aware that entry to the final character pool is not guaranteed.

Hi everyone. Thanks for showing interest for this roleplay. Expect the main thread to be up in 2 to 3 days time. Everyone that has posted I will tag in that thread, but please be aware that entry to the final character pool is not guaranteed.
Well damn, there goes my chance. I always get picked last in dodgeball!

Am I too late?
I rather liked the idea of playing a court 'magician' with influence over a few gullible notables. Or a bishop.

Am I too late?
I rather liked the idea of playing a court 'magician' with influence over a few gullible notables. Or a bishop.

Hail, Grey. You're not too late at all. I'm on my way back from a week of belligerent drinking, so the thread will be up this weekend as well as the sign up.

You are more than welcome to play either of those characters. Just keep in mind that "magic" doesn't exist in the way that it does in common fantasy universes, though I have a feeling you already get what this means. It is more likely thay the court magician is one that is an expert in seeking and destroying black magic hexes in the position of an inquisitior. Nobility and even the church may seek this character out to hunt and judge witches, lift curses and investigate the unholy that the church itself may not have the jurisdiction or speciality to do so.

If this doesn't perhaps strike your fancy, we may talk further about it once the full thread is available.

I was imagining, Coin, that there was little to know magic and any magician would be a charlatan with - perhaps - some usefully placed informants and the ear of the right grandparents.

But inquisitor could be a fun role. Tell you what - let me know how I can best support the story you have in mind and I'll play ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back