• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy 3 ideas: Dystopian/romance/adventure

Anyone Interested?

• 1. Rank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Offer

• 3. Runaway

• Sorry, but I'm not interested

• Total voters
I could see a potential for some sort of law in place to combat against overpopulation, even if it is widely unspoken. Maybe not too strictly enforced but taboo, like you said.

@Kibitzer you had some wonderful ideas too! :D

EDIT TO ADD:

@Protocol I completely forgot to mention your lovely character sheets! I personally don't mind BBcode so I think they are swell!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agrize said:
@Kibitzer you had some wonderful ideas too! :D
Seconded! :D I'm really excited for this RP. What kind of characters are you guys thinking about? Or are you still hooked on world building? (I totally understand. I love world building)

So history: There were ( some #) AIs created originally as prototypes. They were meant to replace certain parts of government and be incorruptible. In a test the AI's were given a small city with a population of 50,000 human volunteers to take care of.

But something went wrong. The AIs decided that the best way to protect humans was to take choice away from them.

I completely forgot to mention your lovely character sheets! I personally don't mind BBcode so I think they are swell!
OH! Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

@Agrize I really like your profile pic :D It's very lovely.

@Protocol @Agrize :P

I'm pretty much okay with the history! So that's good, I think.

As for the characters, I was thinking along the lines of having a B-ranker, just to mix things up a bit.

Kibitzer said:
@Protocol @Agrize :P
I'm pretty much okay with the history! So that's good, I think.

As for the characters, I was thinking along the lines of having a B-ranker, just to mix things up a bit.
I'm very excited to get to meet them and see how our characters will interact. I think it's fun to have an array of characters with different backgrounds and social standings.

So you can make your character sheets how ever you want. I don't mind if you don't use any BBcodes and want to keep it simple.

But if you're interested here is a template of the one I used.

Character Name

blank-profile-hi.png

Full Name:

Sex:

Current Rank:

Current Residence:

• Hair:

Eyes:

Height:

Figure:

Other:

Character Sheet Template

Code:
{[sh]Character Name[/sh][divide][/divide]
[row]
[imageFloat=left]
[HEIGHTRESTRICT=300]
[img= Image URL ]
[/HEIGHTRESTRICT]
[/imageFloat]
Full Name:
Sex:
Current Rank:
Current Residence:
[/row]
[Tabs]
[Tab=Appearance]

Hair:
Eyes:
Height:
Figure:
Other:

[/Tab]

[Tab=Biography]
Positive Trait
Descriptive paragraph. Loosely 3-5 sentences

Neutral

Neutral

Negative Trait

History

[Print=Parchment]
Backstory

[/Print]

[/Tab]

[Tab=Relationships]

[divide=thick]Family[/divide]

Person
Describe relationship

[divide=thick]Coworkers[/divide]
Person
--
[divide=thick]Friends[/divide]

[/Tab]

[Tab=Skills]Main Talent

Other Skills:

[list]
[*]Skill 1:

[*]Skill 2:
[/list]

Limitations

[list]
[*]Weakness 1: ---

[*]Weakness 2: ---

[*]Weakness 3: ---
[/list]
[/Tab]
[Tab=Notes]
Other stuff
[/Tab]
[/Tabs]}

Fantastic! I think we're all set with the details, and if we're missing anything, we can definitely just talk it over while we write posts and stuff.

Also, echoing @Agrize The character sheet template is great, @Protocol :3

Kibitzer said:
Fantastic! I think we're all set with the details, and if we're missing anything, we can definitely just talk it over while we write posts and stuff.
Also, echoing @Agrize The character sheet template is great, @Protocol :3
Thanks! :D I started a RP. Just need to set it up.

I considered making an older teacher who wants to undermine the potential of his students. Possibly impregnating their minds with negative thoughts that would correlate with his current unhappiness towards the system. He's stagnant having not left his rank classification (possibly C, borderline D) for a good while and that frustrates him.

That or a young upper rank citizen who does quite well at their tests. In fact, had they not posses the ambition that drove them to succeed, they likely would have never made it where they are today. It should be great news for their family who seem to slowly make progress, it's anything but a celebration. They've left a lot of their childhood friends and family behind; this character is basically alone in their rank, given the cold shoulder by some of their less successful relatives.

They're pretty basic right now and chances are I might end up going in a completely different direction once I get going.

Thank you for the compliment about my avatar! I commissioned it from a friend a few months back. :D

As for starting the rp, I think you have a good foundation. There may be some things we're overlooking but I don't feel like anything crucial is missing. Perhaps we could make a reference sheet for people to see what rank covers what type of jobs and explain a bit about what type of housing units, businesses, etc. could be found in each area. That would knock out a good chunk of questions regarding those details early on.

Agrize said:
I considered making an older teacher who wants to undermine the potential of his students. Possibly impregnating their minds with negative thoughts that would correlate with his current unhappiness towards the system. He's stagnant having not left his rank classification (possibly C, borderline D) for a good while and that frustrates him.
That or a young upper rank citizen who does quite well at their tests. In fact, had they not posses the ambition that drove them to succeed, they likely would have never made it where they are today. It should be great news for their family who seem to slowly make progress, it's anything but a celebration. They've left a lot of their childhood friends and family behind; this character is basically alone in their rank, given the cold shoulder by some of their less successful relatives.

They're pretty basic right now and chances are I might end up going in a completely different direction once I get going.

Thank you for the compliment about my avatar! I commissioned it from a friend a few months back. :D

As for starting the rp, I think you have a good foundation. There may be some things we're overlooking but I don't feel like anything crucial is missing. Perhaps we could make a reference sheet for people to see what rank covers what type of jobs and explain a bit about what type of housing units, businesses, etc. could be found in each area. That would knock out a good chunk of questions regarding those details early on.
Awesome! Both characters sound amazing and I really love your avatar. Tell them I love it.

That sounds good. I'm already setting something like that up. Tell me what you like/dislike or give me ideas. I'd love any type of input. :D

Rank

So any ideas on businesses, housing, etc

Other ideas if allowed, you can classes like people on a fixed income like e.I or employment insurance, odsp, welfare, or jobless,homeless, no money, or other programs. But are either trying to live, going to food banks, schools, a training, or what not.

Or just average people, everyday kinds of people, or even at risk children, teens, adults, or anyone.

ShakiraLancaster said:
Other ideas if allowed, you can classes like people on a fixed income like e.I or employment insurance, odsp, welfare, or jobless,homeless, no money, or other programs. But are either trying to live, going to food banks, schools, a training, or what not.
Or just average people, everyday kinds of people, or even at risk children, teens, adults, or anyone.
New ideas are always welcome! :D

Sorry. I'm a little confused about what you are asking. Are you saying there should be a sixth group of people who are homeless? Or that there should be a place for people who can't take the test for whatever reason. Like a shelter and food bank for people who are too old or injured?

Everyone gets a set income depending on their rank rather than their job. So it doesn't matter if they are full time students or not because they will still receive the same amount of spending points each year as long as they stay in the same class.

There is more information about the money system under the Spending Points Tab

Rank

ShakiraLancaster said:
Yeah that could work I was giving some more ideas to add if you wanted. It was a idea/ suggestion
Thanks for the suggestion! :)

I guess that the government would need to have some type of special program for people who are trying to make their lives better, but can't because of extenuation circumstances

I'll have to think about that more and ask the others what they think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back