• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings multifandom, fantasy & historical eras | 1x1 | canon/canon, oc/oc preferred

faron-fiore

Shapeshifter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
about
  • faron, turning 30 in june, she/they, CST
  • happy to play all orientations and genders; fan of platonic relationships though I do very much enjoy focusing on romance!
  • I lean towards writing male characters, m/f and m/m pairings
  • I'm happy to write for multiple characters, but I don't enjoy sticking to a doubling format for canon/oc setups
  • looking for writing partners ideally 21+
  • reply frequency: I'm not a stickler for a certain level of activity, though I aim for once a week at minimum and more likely once a day. just let me know if you need a break!
  • post length will vary; I might get carried away but I always try to keep the action going and tend to mirror.
  • in terms of tone, I don't mind exploring darker themes and complex, not necessarily healthy relationships - but I'm more likely to lean into humor and enjoy lighter stuff!
  • ghost-friendly. I'll do my best to give notice if I'm no longer invested in the RP and sincerely apologize if I ghosted in the past.
PM me if you'd like to set up an RP!

original settings

All of the ideas below will involve original characters, and I am not trying to fully copy any mentioned source material as inspiration.

High Fantasy

• Character A is rebuffed by the noble they were supposedly engaged to, ostensibly for belonging to the mercantile class and not being a true member of the nobility, only to find out that their biological father is the Duke of the North, and the Duke has come to claim his heir. Character B has largely been in the background of Character A's life. When Character A returns to society, deciding to enact some revenge and gain political power, they find that Character B may have an agenda of their own, is less of a pawn and more a potential player. (Based on I Wasn't the Cinderella)
  • Reincarnation into a villain/ess or a doomed character in a novel or video game, in which the reincarnated character chooses to do everything they can to escape their fate. Bonus points if, like in Divorcing My Tyrant Husband, doing everything they can ends up unexpectedly impressing the spouse and the kingdom they are trying to escape. Or, as in My Derelict Favorite, Character A enters a fictional world as a fan of a canon character, and works to change that character's doomed fate.
Low/Urban Fantasy
  • Character A experiences their own murder at the hands of their step parent, only to come back to life through mysterious circumstances. They choose to marry into Character B's family to escape their fate, only to find themselves embroiled in a deeper mystery when they learn that Character B's family's poisonous blood may have played a role in their first death. Additionally, they come to care for Character B's family who, despite their fearsome reputation, take great care of their newest addition. (Based on My In-Laws are Obsessed with Me)
  • Strange locales and stranger locals. Small towns or sprawling cities where mythological creatures live mostly undercover, a haven for paranormal and unusual activity, found family (inspired by The Adventure Zone: Amnesty and Monster of the Week)
Modern Slice of Life
  • Favorite tropes: estranged childhood friends, enemies/idiots/rivals to lovers, fake dating, office worker melodrama, breaking up and making up
  • Series I'm drawing inspiration from: 'Til Debt Do Us Part, Marry My Husband, Let's Get Divorced, Wotakoi, The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague, The Full-Time Wife Escapist, Queen of Tears
Regency Era ****

I've read and watched adaptations of all of Jane Austen's novels, so that would be my primary inspiration for character dynamics here. I can't deny the appeal of a romp through the English countryside, including a possible trip to Bath or London, and a colorful cast of friends and family members! I've watched through Bridgerton and I'm reluctantly hooked, awaiting the third season. While I'm probably not looking to recreate Bridgerton's tone, I'm all for a diverse cast and interrogating the excesses of this era.

• A comedy of errors in which a young woman is rebuffed by the most eligible bachelor of the season, who is known for his impossible list of requirements for a wife. She recruits her close childhood friend to act as the perfect potential bride, in order to get revenge on the man who humiliated her. (Based on Mr. Malcolm's List)
  • A broken engagement in their youth, one goes off to sea during the Napoleonic Wars, and our couple reconnects several years later. Mutual pining to an absurd degree between two people who are a little older and a little wiser. (Based on Persuasion)
  • Paleontology, fossils and cliffsides and the sea at Lyme, a complex tangle of interpersonal relationships (Based on Ammonite)
  • Honestly, speaking of Bridgerton, I'd be happy to pick up the characters and do our own versions of Penelope & Colin's story, or Anthony & Kate... Open to pairing Benedict (and Eloise) with OCs, etc.
Other Historical Eras/Mythology

I'm more than happy to do my research into anything I'm less familiar with!

• I've recently read Madeline Miller's Circe and Song of Achilles, and I'm currently reading Anne Carson's translation of The Odyssey, so I'm definitely interested in exploring Greek mythology and antiquity. Also a fan of the Hades game!
  • Political intrigue among both the nobility and commoners, arranged marriages or relationships of convenience, queering up history, exploring compelling character dynamics, witches and traumatized soldiers and bards... If you're interested in exploring niche areas of history, I'm down!
Science Fiction
Pacific Rim and Mass Effect are among my favorite sci-fi properties, so if you'd like to borrow elements or write in those universes, I'd be happy to do that!

fandoms

Dragon Age ***
ships I'm partial to: Varric/Cassandra, M!Lavellan/Solas, Hawke/Anders/Isabela, Fenris/Merrill, Dorian/Iron Bull, ask!

I really want to send Fenris and Merrill on an undercover mission and have them work out their differences - after DA2 or after Inquisition.

Imagine Hawke's merry band of misfits hopping from place to place after DA2, spreading ridiculous rumors and trying to keep the world off Hawke (and Anders?)'s tail, between 9:37 and 9:40 (start of Inquisition).

Since I can't wait for DA: Dreadwolf, give me an Inquisitor ready to track down Solas using all their elfy connections, trying to figure out how to infiltrate the Dread dragon agolf's rising army.

Drunk!Alistair ends up in the Inquisition, fellow alcoholic Dorian meddles? Cole learning to be human and performing little acts of kindness along the way? (I do genuinely enjoy writing for Cole - I did it in a jcink group a while back!)

I'm probably not into modern person in Thedas or modern AUs, but please feel free to hit me with AUs and show me your Heroes of Fereldan, Hawkes, and Inquisitors!

Baldur's Gate 3 ***
ships I am partial to: Gale/Astarion, Wyll/Astarion(/Karlach), Shadowheart/Lae'zel

I haven't stopped thinking about that one fic in which Gale accidentally turns Astarion down during a serious attempt at flirting, and Astarion decides they're mortal enemies until... they aren't.

I also think Astarion deserves a courtly romance, and I believe Wyll is the perfect candidate.

Also - I'm still so bitter about how little content Wyll got, and how his agency is stripped from his personal quests. Imagine if we had a courtly intrigue arc in Act 3, rallying the nobles to support Duke Ravengard's son, to convince them of Gortash's corrupt aims and connections? Imagine if Wyll were actually given meaningful reasons to either stick to his pact, or break it?

I'm picturing Astarion, Wyll and Karlach in the hells, going after Mizora and, eventually, Zariel.

I also picture Shadowheart following Lae'zel to wage the war against Vlaakith, or, equally tempting, Lae'zel laying down her sword to live an ordinary life with Shadowheart.

Stardew Valley
I'm happy to play any of the canon characters from Stardew Valley opposite an original farmer, and dive deep into the worldbuilding and fantasy layers in this game.

I do have a soft spot for Maru/Abigail, but I'm very open to exploring all characters and your plot ideas!

I also have early access to Coral Island - I've only played through a bit of the spring season, but I would love to spin my own takes on some of the characters and lore!

Pokemon
I'm a big dumb Red/Blue Oak (or Green, whichever name you prefer) shipper. Gimme their fraught journey from childhood rivals to Alolan husbands.

I'm interested in playing around with a big ensemble cast, League politics, research rivalries, and competitive battling intrigue, and maybe open to focusing on original/different characters. Surprise me!

Can't forget about Legends: Arceus - more worldbuilding and creating an actual postgame would be lovely. Also... not forgetting the whole wormholes/isekai bit. I have a soft spot for Akari/Rei, but don't care for shipping the protagonist with Volo, Irida or Adaman.

The Mystery Dungeon series include my favorite Pokemon spinoffs.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses/Hopes *
ships I'm partial to: Leonie/Lorenz, Manuela/Seteth, Dimitri/Marianne, Bernadetta/Yuri, Claude/m!Byleth, m!Byleth/Linhart and/or Yuri... very much down to explore rarepairs, here!

I've seen some of the support dialogue in Hopes, but don't have full familiarity with that game. I've played through all routes in Three Houses and I'm very open to canon divergent plots/AUs (regency era?)/etc.

I'm more open to OC/Canon pairs as well!

Dungeon Meshi/Delicious in Dungeon **
I'd be happy to play around in the universe of Dungeon Meshi with a different adventuring party.

I have a soft spot for Marcille & both Donato siblings (I feel her relationship to Laios goes deeper than 'the brother of the girl I'd break all the rules and die for,' and I find it sweet! I wouldn't mind exploring post-canon if you've read the manga.

My Hero Academia **
I'm caught up on the manga!

I'm very much invested in BakuDeku, but I also like EraserJoke, KiriMina, SeroRoki, Todoroki/Uraraka... ask about other ships!

I'd be happy to play either Katsuki or Izuku in a post-canon setting, dealing with PTSD/major injuries/disability, Quirkless AUs (i.e., Izuku doesn't receive OFA, quirkless!Katsuki), teacher rivals (either at UA or in an alternate universe setting)...

I have this highly embarrassing ballroom dance AU I've been thinking about, let me know if you're interested!

Thinking about rich, quirkless Izuku reuniting with broke pro hero Katsuki...

I love Izuku and Katsuki's complicated former-childhood-friends dynamic, and I'm all about them resolving misunderstandings, repairing their friendship, and establishing a healthy relationship! They've come so far in canon :')

Harry Potter
After all this time, I'm still a Draco/Harry shipper with a soft spot for Remus/Severus.

Eighth year AU: the eighth years are shoved together under one 'house,' or the Sorting Hat puts a disproportionate amount of first-years to fill Slytherin and Malfoy learns to care for his flock; Hogwarts is still recovering and full of volatile/inexplicable magic...

EWE: Harry's an Auror and Malfoy's buried in bureaucracy in a side department (preferably something ridiculous); or the two of them work various other jobs (healers, cursebreakers, etc.), bringing Draco on as a consultant in a case involving cursed artefacts; Draco and Harry viewing school gossip anew as Hogwarts professors/staff members; Andromeda and Teddy bringing the boys together over dinner; journalist!Draco witnesses Harry James Potter's very public midlife crisis...

Heal Thyself by astolat singlehandedly punched me in the ol' drarry feels, and I'd like to write about Draco's journey as a healer in a similar vein, with the slowest of slowburn romances/reconciliation with Harry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back