Story Memento : vivere - (slow updates)

s0ufflecake

da milky 🍼
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Memento
Chapter 1

The year is 2437.

It's been over 57 years since over 85 countries have been annihilated by nuclear warfare, and 62 years since World War 3 has started.

As firearms became a necessary part of human life and self-defense, gun violence and war became more common
. PMCs thrived during this dangerous era of riots and civil unrest. Children were forced to learn how to fight. As this practice becomes more and more common, children replaced adults in war once soldiers started to retire or grow old.

˚₊‧꒰ა ♱ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
''...And don't forget to take care of her, okay?''
Before I could hear that same voice again in my endless and blank dream, I suddenly went back to consciousness. My eyes opened, blinking and closing once the blinding light from above hit my vision. Once I started to become more aware of my surroundings, my eyesight became more clearer. Eventually, I managed to be able to look at the ceiling above me with my regained perception. In an almost instinctive, I've reached my hand out to the roof, like a baby going towards their mother.

Except I didn't find or get whatever I was trying to reach out for. So when my right hand felt nothing but the touch of air and the bandages wrapped around it, I placed it back down. Huh, I thought. What am I even trying to do? Another thought popped up in my mind suddenly. Noticing again that I was on the cold ground, I immediately think of moving out of this position. My body turned to the side, and I noticed a broken large window with the light illuminating from into the room while tilting my head up. What the hell..?

So I moved my body back up to the ceiling, and started getting up.

As I've expected, my legs started to move up quickly, and helped me get my back and body up from the floor. I've quickly adjusted my school uniform tie and shirt while looking down. After I was finished, My head looked back up to see the environment me. However, it wasn't some basement or secret base that I expected, but rather my school classroom which almost looked unrecognizable from the way it looks.

Scratches and tears were all over the windows, and walls. Posters, papers and the such were completely ripped and some on the ground. The right sliding doors were almost on the verge of breaking down possibly from shooting judging by the bullet holes all over, while the left sliding doors have completely fallen on the ground, outside of the room. I then tilt my head to the right, seeing flipped over tables and chairs which had been shot by bullets before.

I breathed out quietly while perplexed and baffled by the ruined classroom around me, ''Damn.. What was going on while I was passed out?''

My mind wandered to how this could've happened. Theorizing about who the hell had all this time to shoot down a school, and who would've sent them. Must've been some gangsters? But there's no way in hell they'd have that much firepower. Before my brain could think more, my eyes suddenly spotted an table around the corner, amongst all of the destroyed or fallen ones. I blinked my eyes, to see if that small pack was of cigarettes or bullets, but I thought it was easier to move closer to it, so I walked over to the table.

And then once I reached the table, the latter was correct. My hands picked it up, looking at the label. ''9mm...?'' From the looks of it, these were some rare bullets. Sure, 9mm isn't all that hard to find around in Japan, but the box had suggested that these were made by a foreign company, especially one more far away from around here. ''But how would they even get this..?''

Instead of questioning it further, I just decided to slip the small pack of 9mm bullets into my pocket. Focusing on getting the hell out of here is probably the best idea right now. I sigh, and then turned over to where the doors were. ''Fuck it,'' I mumbled, ''I shouldn't even investigate this place.'' I slowly started walking over and then sped up to moving out of the room.

Running over to the left entrance, I climbed over the stacked sliding doors and then ran over to the right side of the hallway. As I was running for the downstairs, I took some glances around the hallway. It's just as destroyed as my classroom. I then started immediately shifted my concentration on the center while running. I should just focus on getting out. He then reached to the stairs leading down, but then-
Bang!

Out of instinct to survive, I dodged the bullet by moving over to the walls a little, but not enough to make me trip into the stairs. Out of shock and fear, I didn't even take a single second to try and identify the guy that tried to shoot me. I exclaimed out, ''Gah! What was that?!'' I started rushing down the stairs, almost tripping and stumbling. When I reached the second floor, I heard loud footsteps from the opposite direction, and it was possibly the same people that tried to kill me. My heartbeat increased out of fear and adrenaline, and my feet started speeding up while I was panicking like hell. Finally, I opened the doors to a room next to me, and I went inside quickly. Shutting the doors behind me, I slowly get down, exhausted, and breathing heavily.

Hearing running outside, but go past the room I was in relieved me. I let out a 'phew' once the footsteps stopped getting louder and wiped the sweat off my face. However, what I didn't expect to see once I've calmed down and tilted my head up to see a...

...small girl with hair that could reach a table by it's length, and a Remington 870 shotgun next to her unconscious body.
Well, she must've not seem too dangerous, right..?
˚₊‧꒰ა ♱ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
Hello! This is the author, Souffle!

This little series has been a type of story that I've always wanted to tell. Since seeing stuff like Blue Archive and Gunslinger Girls, I've always been in love with anime/manga or stories centered around guns and schoolgirls. However, I've decided to add a little twist here. Don't be surprised if there's a lot more male characters than female characters the next few chapters, lol.

Also, this is my first time formally writing online and publishing it somewhere so please bear with me! And I am not very experienced with this stuff, so I may have made a ton of mistakes. (ᵕ—ᴗ—)

Mail or feedback can be sent to me by messaging!

Last edited:
Memento
Chapter 2

18-year-old Satsuki Eiichirou is an college student living in one of the safest cities in Japan during 2437, a ''golden age'' for violence and crime.

Suddenly, he awoke in a destroyed and almost unrecognizable version of his classroom. Trying to figure who had done it, he ran into trouble and ended going into hiding from danger.

And then, the young man would find himself in a room with an unconscious armed girl. How he would fare?

˚₊‧꒰ა ♱ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
Now that the people after me were gone, judging by the footsteps winding away from my hearing, I started to be less worried. Well... I still know I shouldn't even try getting out of the room anytime, or even standing up in front of the damn windows. And hell, there's a random girl laying there on the floor wearing tactical gear and headphones despite her innocent and unassuming face appearance, with a shotgun next to her! But still...

My curiosity was still attracted by this strange, and unknown girl. What was so special to her that I'm drawn to her? I'm still worried for my life, and especially if someone who has been knocked out is bearing what I assume to be pieces of high-quality military gear that could've been only made by some famous company, which was a signal to any person that they were dangerous and absolutely armed. Still, I wanted to make sure she was alright or something. With my understanding of my situation, I started to shift over to the unconscious black-haired girl, lean over her, and reached my hand to her head....

And suddenly, a pair of black eyes started to slowly open up. Once this girl seemed to be regaining her consciousness and awaking from slumber, my arm suddenly moved away and I was startled by the kid that couldn't be any older than middle school age suddenly coming alive. While I was sitting on the ground, I started to move away as fast as I could from her, until my back hit the lower wall. Shit, I should've known she was alive!! Satsuki you idiot!! My heartbeat started sounding like a drum

''H-hey, I'm.. Uhh.. I'm r-really sorry for.. U-um... T-trying to w-wake you up..??'' I nervously said, as her dark eyes met my brown ones. I'm damned..!! She's probably some assassin across from the country!! Or the United States!! I thought. My anxiety was getting to me as I kept failing to keep my composure, and I was still on edge on what she would do. My head tilted over to where my holster was attached on my pants, and it was gone. I should've realized it earlier. Then my head tilted to the girl standing up in front of me, who looked blankly at me, with no emotion in her Stygian eyes. If she tries anything, I'm fucked! I don't have anything to defend myself with! And it's a guarantee that she's a PMC kid with some crazy tricks on her sleeve!

These thoughts started to get the better of me, as I start to panic. The small girl suddenly picked up the Remington 870 on the floor, which didn't even help a single bit of my anxiety over my possibly life-threatening situation. Then, she started to speak. ''....Please.. stay calm.'' Her voice was soft, yet I could hear it. It was calming to me. As my crippling fearfulness started to die down, I calmed down and sweat stopped dripping from my face. She then walked over to where I was, and kneeled down in front of me, with a concerned face. I was still somewhat worried, knowing how it is in the world nowadays. But still, the calming words she said was enough to decrease the volume of my heartbeat.

''Did you get.. chased down by people with M1911s and M2011s..?'' The young woman asked to me softly. That question itself made me intrigued. I did, in fact, get chased down by random guys with pistols like she described. I replied, a bit nervously, ''Yeah.. I did..'' Her eyes shifted to the left side, and her expression seemed more tense. ''Huh..'' I heard her blurt out. ''They're.. still looking for fresh meat.'' Then her attention was focused on me again, and didn't look as up-tight as it was. ''Alright... They were wearing suits, from what I assume..?'' I started to get really confused. Does she know those people? Still, I said to her, ''Um, yeah, they did..'' Then the long-haired girl then stood up, and her hand was offered to me. ''It doesn't seem like that... But I know the way out of here. I know the full situation and what happened to your school. So.. Could you come with me..?''

Now this was rare. In this really big joke of a civilization, I've never thought that someone could be willing to even offer me help. Especially one where people really need to get into the depths of selfishness to live and survive. However, her tone was.. genuine. It felt honest. I was kind of impressed I would really find someone that just wants to help people. But still, my hand refused to move out of the floor, still contemplating if this girl was just gonna use me like the school. Despite my objecting doubts, I took her hand out of trust, knowing that she wasn't a dangerous soldier. The little girl with the Remington 870 shotgun in her other hand helped me back up from the floor, despite her height.

The girl then looked down, and started to quietly speak out, ''I've.. rarely ever done something like this..'' My eyebrow raised, befuddled from what she meant. But that confusion went away, and my eyebrow went down as she tilted her head back up to me. She looked.. pure. Like a real kid. I've never seen this type of look on any PMC kids... And then, her face looked like she suddenly realized she missed something. So the long-haired girl said timidly, ''Whats.. your name again..? I've forgotten to ask yours..''

As any normal person would do, I said, ''The name's Eiichirou Satsuki. What's yours?'' With a small smile on my face, I tried to look reassuring and sympathetic just as she did minutes ago to me, since she seemed.. a little shy to talk to people. I had sympathy for these types of people, since I was one hell of a timid kid back in elementary to middle school. The girl then replied back, with a reserved smile and tone ''I'm Eris...''
˚₊‧꒰ა ♱ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
PMC kid - A slang term referring to children placed in private military companies or organizations that are alike to one. Often used to describe a ''hostile'' one.

Hello, It's your girl Souffle again!

I'm currently hoping to update this story more, even if it may be slow. As of right now, I'm still trying to figure out my characters and setting and how to work them in. Although I really just write by feel, I'll put some more thought in this. Thanks for reading Chapter 2 of Memento: vivere!

All feedback and fanworks can be sent to me or just mention me!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back