• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Legend of Zelda: The Old Ways OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
SheepKing SheepKing .empathogen. .empathogen.

Once your characters are finished I need to accept them and then we can start, we start on a normal 'modern' day before Ganon comes back.
Also characters who are descendant from nobles/knight/royals aren't that perse, it's more to show their status and wealth for the modern times, it will become important in the other eras.

SheepKing SheepKing .empathogen. .empathogen.

Once your characters are finished I need to accept them and then we can start, we start on a normal 'modern' day before Ganon comes back.
Also characters who are descendant from nobles/knight/royals aren't that perse, it's more to show their status and wealth for the modern times, it will become important in the other eras.
Cool cool, I’ll try to finish Dia’s CS as soon as I can! (I just need to finish a post for another rp I’m in 😅)

Just in case, I’d like to run a few ideas by you first to see if they’d be alright. The general backstory I have in mind for Dia is that she’s the sister of Holodrum’s current Oracle of Seasons (which in the modern day would just a fancy title lol) and her reason for coming to Hyrule in the first place was to find the Rod of Seasons and bring it back home, as the rod’s been lost for centuries. However, she hasn’t had any luck during the time she’s been there and basically has just been living her life in Hyrule as an average girl in the meantime. This is just the very very very basic concept I had in mind but definitely let me know if there’s anything I’d need to change or modify 👍

Last edited:
Cool cool, I’ll try to finish Dia’s CS as soon as I can! (I just need to finish a post for another rp I’m in 😅)

Just in case, I’d like to run a few ideas by you first to see if they’d be alright. The general backstory I have in mind for Dia is that she’s the sister of Holodrum’s current Oracle of Seasons (which in the modern day would just a fancy title lol) and her reason for coming to Hyrule in the first place was to find the Rod of Seasons and bring it back home, as the rod’s been lost for centuries. However, she hasn’t had any luck during the time she’s been there and basically has just been living her life in Hyrule as an average girl in the meantime. This is just the very very very basic concept I had in mind but definitely let me know if there’s anything I’d need to change or modify 👍
Well if I remember the oracles had powers, powers which are gone in modern times, so if they still hold that title in high regards that's fine, but anyone outside of Holodrum doesn't know the title. Also as most things have lost a lot/if not most of their powers (like the Sheikah Slate only having the map function left) chances are she may need to restore it's powers during their journey. My only concern is where would she be staying, since Holodrum, Korinth(?) and Hyrule are different countries/lands she would need a place to stay.

Well if I remember the oracles had powers, powers which are gone in modern times, so if they still hold that title in high regards that's fine, but anyone outside of Holodrum doesn't know the title. Also as most things have lost a lot/if not most of their powers (like the Sheikah Slate only having the map function left) chances are she may need to restore it's powers during their journey. My only concern is where would she be staying, since Holodrum, Korinth(?) and Hyrule are different countries/lands she would need a place to stay.
Yee, I figured that outside of Holodrum and Lybranna, the oracles probably wouldn’t be all too well known. Along those lines I’ve also been mulling over what the dynamics between Holodrum and Hyrule might be, as I was especially thinking about how Holodrum might rationalize how the Rod of Seasons ended up in an entirely different country to begin with and how that might effect their (or more specifically, Dia’s) opinion of Hyrule as a nation.

Regarding where she’d be staying, a possible explanation could be that she’d be living in a dorm, as she’d likely be attending school as an exchange student. I imagine from where the rp starts she would have already spent a few months living in Hyrule and has already begun to situate herself.

Yee, I figured that outside of Holodrum and Lybranna, the oracles probably wouldn’t be all too well known. Along those lines I’ve also been mulling over what the dynamics between Holodrum and Hyrule might be, as I was especially thinking about how Holodrum might rationalize how the Rod of Seasons ended up in an entirely different country to begin with and how that might effect their (or more specifically, Dia’s) opinion of Hyrule as a nation.

Regarding where she’d be staying, a possible explanation could be that she’d be living in a dorm, as she’d likely be attending school as an exchange student. I imagine from where the rp starts she would have already spent a few months living in Hyrule and has already begun to situate herself.
Well the last person to have it was Link, so I imagine it was brought to Hyrule when he went back, then after a long time passed it somehow ended up in the temple of time in the lost woods under the watchful eye of the Deku tree (probably thanks to Hylia).

Well the last person to have it was Link, so I imagine it was brought to Hyrule when he went back, then after a long time passed it somehow ended up in the temple of time in the lost woods under the watchful eye of the Deku tree (probably thanks to Hylia).
Ah, that makes a lot of since! Then would the people of modern day Holodrum also sort of have some clue that the rod ended up there because of link? Or would that information have been lost to time?

-and on the topic of Hylia, I thought it could be really interesting to possibly have it so Dia only worships the three golden goddesses and either doesn’t believe in Hylia or just doesn’t revere her as someone from Hyrule would. (After all, she’s called Hylia, not Holo-ia/j) One thing I really want to accentuate about Dia’s character is her fish out of water story, and I think playing up these differences in faith could be a really interesting way in doing so. And, there’s the added fun of her having an extensional crisis if the group does encounter Hylia or manifestations of her existence during their adventures…but that’s probably just me getting ahead of myself lol

Last edited:
Ah, that makes a lot of since! Then would the people of modern day Holodrum also sort of have some clue that the rod ended up there because of link? Or would that information have been lost to time?

-and on the topic of Hylia, I thought it could be really interesting to possibly have it so Dia only worships the three golden goddesses and either doesn’t believe in Hylia or just doesn’t revere her as someone from Hyrule would. (After all, she’s called Hylia, not Holo-ia/j) One thing I really want to accentuate about Dia’s character is her fish out of water story, and I think playing up these differences in faith could be a really interesting way in doing so. And, there’s the added fun of her having an extensional crisis if the group does encounter Hylia or manifestations of her existence during their adventures…but that’s probably just me getting ahead of myself lol
Information from that period is either lost to time, or shrouded in myths and legends, like how Rosalyn's grandparents have the legends in their library.

Most people have lost their belief though, in Hylia, Din, Naryu and Farore, since anything related to them is also lost to time, there are those who still believe, but it's a very few. Rosalyn for example believes there may have been a goddess named Hylia once, but doesn't acknowledge the other three. Like how some people today believe in god and how some don't

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre SheepKing SheepKing DracoNightshade DracoNightshade
I know not everyone has their character finished/made/accepted, but should we start at a normal day where the characters are at school or somewhere close by each other in the city?
I was hoping more on the characters being close to each other? Since it has a more diverse way to intros.

My character is basically a young gentleman who comes from the background of the richer side of Hyrule due to his father being a court judge. He's a year older than Rosalyn. He's a mainly a ranged weapon user of the bow. Still working out the CS.

I was hoping more on the characters being close to each other? Since it has a more diverse way to intros.

My character is basically a young gentleman who comes from the background of the richer side of Hyrule due to his father being a court judge. He's a year older than Rosalyn. He's a mainly a ranged weapon user of the bow. Still working out the CS.
Close as in friends with each other or what do you mean?
And wouldn't the hawkeye mask work better with a bow user? (you don't have to change it, but it's just a question)

Working on a starter post, feel free to add what you need to the day in your post, this however does not include bringing Ganon back, it can include characters feeling uneasy for no reason

Close as in friends with each other or what do you mean?
And wouldn't the hawkeye mask work better with a bow user? (you don't have to change it, but it's just a question)
Close like just around town close range.
Well my character is strictly not a bow user since he does ocassionally melee. Plus not normally used to agression.

and the setting is a fair/festival at the school, so thing like different stalls, performances etc. they will be in the same area

Users who are viewing this thread

Back