In Character Interview Thread

redraider

Well, it seems that a lot of people liked the idea of this, so we're gonna do it. The rules are simple.

1. One character being interviewed at a time. Keeps things from getting too chaotic.

2. The character being interviewed must post about themselves in an opener. Can be as long or as short as you want.

3. Each interview lasts 1 week, real-time.

4. When the person being interviewed is done, they select the next interviewee. That person must have asked their character a question. Keeps people from being all take and no give.

5. Follow all the site rules, of course.

With that said, here we go!

A tall, almost to the point of gigantic, schoolgirl sits down at her laptop. Her bronze skin and dark features mark her out as a Latina. A small, multicolored dragon flits down beside her. "You sure you want to do this, Liv?"

"Yep," comes the response. She starts typing methodically. "I'm Olivia Martinez, but you may know me better as the Emerald Tail, the Big Apple's strongest superheroine. I'm an open book, so ask away!"

Since you’re a super heroine, what kind of powers do you have? If any?
Is law enforcement against you?
What is your typical day like?
What kinds of enemies do you have?

Since you’re a super heroine, what kind of powers do you have? If any?
Is law enforcement against you?
What is your typical day like?
What kinds of enemies do you have?

I'll take these one at a time, thank you.

1. It's kind of complicated- but here's the best I've got. I have an... alternate form from my normal everyday girl self. When I'm transformed, I can fly with dragon wings, and I have greatly increased speed, strength and durability, even above my teammates. They lift cars, I lift 18-wheelers. I also have this magic spear/hammer thing that I can use to cause earthquakes.

2. Hardly. One of my teammates has a cop for a dad, so she's got strings she can pull.

3. Wake up, get dressed, go to school, basketball practice 3 times a week, and if a monster shows up, deal with it.

4. Monsters come in 4 varieties. The first are called Shadows, they're more like foot soldiers. Next are Fiends, they're a little tougher. Horrors are bigger than that and are the embodiment of negative emotions. Nightmare, the horror of Fear, is their leader, and she's in a class by herself.

howdy there Olivia! tell me more about your dragon! what is it's name, what can it do, do dragons behave more like cats or dogs? i really like dragons (:

howdy there Olivia! tell me more about your dragon! what is it's name, what can it do, do dragons behave more like cats or dogs? i really like dragons (:

Her name's Tiamat, and she's the source of me and my teammates powers. We get them through these magic rings we wear. (At this, Tiamat looks around furtively, but Olivia's too unaware to catch the telltale signs of the dragon lying.) She can fly, use fire magic, create shields and portals, and has strength just like mine. As for being more like a cat or a dog, I have to say cat. She's definitely got the haughtiness' down.

Hey!

I call them like I see them, Tia.

👋 Hey there Liv. If you don't mind me asking, what were the most physically and emotionally taxing enemies you've defeated?

What classes do you take? Which are the absolute worst to be in?

I take all the usual middle school classes. Math, English, and so on. Believe it or not, the hardest one for me is actually Spanish. I know, I know- a Hispanic who no habla Espanol. We just don't speak it at my house.

👋 Hey there Liv. If you don't mind me asking, what were the most physically and emotionally taxing enemies you've defeated?
Physically taxing would be either the Hydra Fiend or the Turtle Fiend, can't decide. For some reason, Nightmare really likes reptile monsters. As far as emotionally taxing, we fought a group of henchmen who beat the snot out of us. They were actually about to kill us when their leader unmasked one of my teammates, looked at her, and ordered her cronies to leave. Obviously, there's a connection there.

Who are some of your teammates?
Or, at least, what are they like?

I can tell you about them, don't worry. When you pull a magical transformation in front of a couple hundred people, it's kind of hard to keep your identity secret anymore.

Danny McCoy, the Crimson Flame. Our de facto leader, even if we never did take a vote on it. No points for guessing what kind of powers she has with that name.

Rachel Stein, the Amethyst Claw. The world's biggest computer geek. Her thing is magic portals and energy blades.

Amy Fletcher, the Alabaster Scale. Quiet, mostly keeps to herself. Our resident fashionista. A bit of a grab bag when it comes to powers. Shields, energy blasts, healing, and magical dispelling.

Our last member is Charlotte Harris, the Azure Wing. A bit nondescript, but as loyal the day is long. Our best flier, with wind powers as well.

Ah, Rachel Stein! funnily enough, i know someone with the same last name (an oc, who may or may not be featured), and i know several Rachels. I doubt that there is much overlap, considering as Stein is a very common Jewish last name, and Rachel is a common first name, but hah, who doesn't love a coincidence?

anyway, my question is, do you all have dragons, or is it just Tiamat? and also, do you play dnd, and are you at all familiar with the Tiamat of 5e lore?

So, what's the origin of your powers? Did they just get granted to you, or did you scientifically modify yourselves in some way to get them?

So, what's the origin of your powers? Did they just get granted to you, or did you scientifically modify yourselves in some way to get them?

You're not going to believe this, but we actually bought the rings at a store not knowing they were magic! I don't think the store owner knew what she had. Tiamat showed up in... a vision I guess. We met her one night in Central Park, and since then, the five of us have been fighting the good fight against some very bad things.

Ah, Rachel Stein! funnily enough, i know someone with the same last name (an oc, who may or may not be featured), and i know several Rachels. I doubt that there is much overlap, considering as Stein is a very common Jewish last name, and Rachel is a common first name, but hah, who doesn't love a coincidence?

anyway, my question is, do you all have dragons, or is it just Tiamat? and also, do you play dnd, and are you at all familiar with the Tiamat of 5e lore?
Nope, just Tiamat. She's the only dragon in the world, as far as I know. And I don't play D&D, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel does.

What are all of y’alls favorite colors?
Do your costumes show them off?

Well, everything we have is color-coded, but Tiamat's the one who decided the colors, apparently. Danny got red, Rachel purple, Charlotte blue, Amy white, and I'm green. Honestly, we look like escapees from a Saturday morning cartoon.

(Tiamat rolls her eyes) It's a guilty pleasure, alright?

You know what, I'm gonna leave it there.

would you still love me if i was a wrym? /ref

Uhh... Maybe? I don't get it.

What's the most difficult part of wielding a superpower?

Honestly, when I'm transformed, it's making sure I don't go all out and burn through my reserves. We sort of have an energy supply that fuels our powers, and if we use it all up, we're back to normal and need to recharge. Not good when a living tornado is trying to pound your face into jelly...

What kinds of forms can fiends and other monsters take? What are the scariest you’ve seen?
We've seen it all. Giant animals, forces of nature, robots- you name it, Nightmare's made a fiend that looks like it. But she's the most terrifying of all herself. She appears to you as your worst fear. I see her as a yawning, endless abyss. What the other girls see? I don't know. It's the sort of thing you don't talk about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back