• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Ghost in the Shell/Silent Mobius inspired Rifts Japan game idea.

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Between me, Psychie and Dannigan, we have been discussing a new Palladium game set in the Rifts world of Japan. You are going to be a mixed team of supernatural and/or high tech beings that have been brought together to try and recover a stolen mystical item that was taken by a being of supernatural evil <mwuhahaha!> This game is going to be featuring a lot of imagery from Ghost in the Shell manga, anime and live action film, along with a strong martial art and mystic vibe to it.

This is going to be a rather flexible game with a lot of different pieces to it, so if you want to try a Juicer/Borg Ninja or a Samurai with a magic sword, this is your game to get into.

Psychie Psychie Purr Purr GunMan2 GunMan2

Sherwood Sherwood Wait. Let me retract that. This area is for recruiting only. (I'm excited but tired at the moment.) =)

Could an O.O.C. channel be created and linked here for interested parties to follow?

Edit: Or should we return to the channel we were having the discussion?

Sherwood Sherwood Wait. Let me retract that. This area is for recruiting only. (I'm excited but tired at the moment.) =)

Could an O.O.C. channel be created and linked here for interested parties to follow?

Edit: Or should we return to the channel we were having the discussion?
Much better idea. Give me two shakes and I'll have a link up.

So this is the thread that will be populted in 2.5 seconds huh. Nice

Not too populated, I haven't been in a dice system in so long, I'll throw my hat in if you have the space and don't mind a slow learner tagging along

Not too populated, I haven't been in a dice system in so long, I'll throw my hat in if you have the space and don't mind a slow learner tagging along
I am willing to aid you in making up a character and understanding how the system works without a problem. Come on over and join the fun.

I am willing to aid you in making up a character and understanding how the system works without a problem. Come on over and join the fun.
I will most definitely be needing some help with the system. I've never touched it before and the amount of books/lore is vastly intimidating!

Very interested! Sadly unfamiliar with the Rifts system but would love to learn

That is not a problem. I've helped others with the system and would be willing to help you, too. Would you be interested in a magical/supernatural based character, or one more science focused, such as a powered armor pilot or a combat cyborg?

Hmmm...good question. Both seem sick, but I think I'll go for the one less chosen by other people to vary the player base a bit!

At the moment, we have only four characters ready to go; two more magic based, and the other two more tech focused, with another player who's still in the works with her sheet. I think that my fifth player is going to go with the tech side, but I'm not certain. Which appeals to you more? Some magic using mystic/martial artist, or the tech side?

Hmmm I'd say magic is usually my go to. What about races? But before I figure out anything else! Are there more than human to choose from?

Human is the easiest, since it is the race we all have the most experience with playing. But there are several other races that can be introduced with ease.

Just to clarify one quick point. You do know that this is a good-aligned game, right? I don't want inter-party fighting due to alignment issues.

Don't worry! I suck at being a bad guy anyway. I mean have you heard my evil laugh? Huehuehue

What kind of races are there? Ones that wouldn't be too annoying for you to integrate--but if tis too much of a hassle I wouldn't mind being human °^°

I wasn't sure if you had an evil character in mind or not. Just needed to make sure before we got too far into the game talk.

What kind of powers are you interested in? Magic, mental powers, something else? If you want to go with mental powers, I have an idea of an off-the-wall race that I find fun.

This race is an odd one. They are known as the Dirari, AKA the Ecto-Men. Here is a pic of one:

1685431200364.png

The Dirari are spheroid aliens from another dimension, so what you are looking at as the figure's 'head' is the being, with the 'body' being formed by its own mental powers. They are top notch mentalists, with a wide range of powers that you can pick from. Normally, the Dirari are known as a bunch of rogues and criminals, but you can be one of the rare ones that follow a more positive and good-aligned way of life.

Another good option is for you to try a class known as a Cyber Knight; paladin-esque knights that have some psi powers that help them against their opponents. For the race, a Grackle Tooth could be fun:

1685431817808.png

Ooooh interesting. I think I won't take that spheroid alien since I like having expressive characters. Mental powers are usually stuff like telepathy and the such right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back