• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Aerenor's Fires

The tension in the air was palpable, and it took Baydr a few moments to understand why. One of the primary assumptions he had worked on, that forces had been being mustered from the moment that they heard the rumblings of war, had been wrong. Accordingly, his paltry contribution likely meant even less. Still though... "It is not truly my place to speak here, but... As I said, I can not commit many troops to this endeavor, and they will not be ready to march until tomorrow morning at the earliest, but I will gladly add the ten thousand I can to your command to march on Stohess."

---

hMcOiD6.png
On the horizon, the Elyrian fleet would have seen an odd sight - a small fleet sat unmoving in open waters, miles off of the coast. Nowhere near the size of the Imperial Expeditionary Force, it was mostly unremarkable - primarily made up of around a dozen merchant ships flanked by four warships, the odd behavior of remaining stationary would have been the only notable thing about the fleet if not for the ships at its head. The four titanic, nine-masted ships known collectively among the northern trading lanes as the Merchant Kings floated at the head of the fleet, waiting for their King to return with the command to make for shore. And more oddly for those familiar with the four ships, they were not flying the Red and Black of Shahil's merchant flag, but their national Blue, White, and Yellow.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Ozaki and the guard sit quietly at the door into Satines study, Ozaki would eventually shrug and turn over to the guard raising an eyebrow at him, the guard saying in a crisp voice. "Sir, I would assume the Doge is not here." Ozaki would shrug at the statement, before saying quietly "Well sir, I would ask that you spread the word to the guards that if you see Satine that I shall be visiting your lovely University." The guard would nod, turning and walking away as Ozaki turns and does the same. Walking and making his way out of the Assembly Hall and out into the streets, quietly making his way to the University.

Making his way inside, Ozaki would stop, glancing at a small group of students making their way along a brick pathway, talking amongst themselves as they meander their way towards what Ozaki would guess another class. After watching some of the groups of student's Ozaki would walk down the same pathway the students did, finding a small walled in garden area area before sitting down quietly on one of the wooden benches, resting his walking stick on his knee and yawning softly.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

ueqKJgf.gif

Current Date

3rd Day of Sun's Peak, 1254 AUC

07/03/1254

The Most Serene League of Nemora

With the Elyrian Army, and the hastily raised IIIrd Legion under the command of Satine Arcturian, the Andrag army besieging Stohess was routed upon seeing a numerically superior force in-rout. This was an early victory for the League and indeed the Coalition. To prevent another enemy army from moving through the pass unchecked Satine ordered the construction of the Pass Forts, a massive fortification spanning the entrance and exit of the pass, with towering walls, towers built into the mountain sides, and plenty of little traps to prevent enemies from just going around to another pass somewhere else. A signal system was also implemented to give early warning to Stohess so as to send word to the other cities in the area and to the League Capital. The IIIrd Legion was officially given the task of building the Pass Forts and would garrison them when they were completed which wouldn't be until nearly Warrior's Withdrawal or Last Light, though the planners had said it could be Hearth Melt the following year. As such the first fort, the one facing the Andrags and was protecting the way into the Pass was to be built first with the secondary fort being built only when the first was completed. As such the first fort, named Fort Graeth for the valley it protected, would be likely completed come Warrior's Call.

The victory though was not without a cost. Satine Arcturian officially resigned the offices of Doge of the League and as the Archon of Rosenwald. A snap election was held to replace her as the Archon, voting in a prominent human woman named Rhea Destarian. The Archons then held a vote for the position of Doge and awarded said position to Lizabeth Draelius, Archon of Tython. Tython is a Prime City among an archipelago, but while there were suitable areas to build on land the people instead chose to build their beautiful city upon a lake. Many centuries ago the city was mostly wood, but an Archon at the time understood the hazard of such a thing and rebuilt the city in stone, and gave it walls. There are some streets throughout but mostly canals for boats and small ships. The port which is connected to the ocean via a river is quite busy and is second only to Rosenwald in trade volume. With the capital moved from Rosenwald to Tython many people were prepared for a new age to begin. One of Doge Draelius' first acts was to appoint Satine as the Supreme Military Commander of not only the League's forces but also the forces of the Coalition. The VIth Legion became her personal command, being given new uniforms to represent the Coalition's unity rather than just that of the League.

The Confederated Kingdom of the Heartlands

In the Heartlands, the army of Utinawara under the command of Prince Ozaki arrives in Heat's Landing, the premier port city of the Heartlands. Accompanying the Utinawaran military forces is Queen Alria of the Heartlands, returning from the conference in Rosenwald. Unfortunately due to growing frustration in the Heartlands at the length and breadth of the conflict, the once loyal but now hostile Senate has ordered the arrest of Queen Alria, citing her abandonment of her duties while abroad in times of war. She has been detained in the Palace for the time being under heavy guard. The public is torn as what to do or what to say in this matter, Alria has taken it in stride and has demanded a trial by her peers, the ten other Kings and Queens who make up the Heartland's other Kingdoms in the Confederation. The trial has been set for the 12th Day of Warrior's Fire. (Just over a month). She had not been allowed to receive visitors while in the palace. The army under Ozaki has been ordered by the High Chancellor to proceed to the front to meet up with several Heartlander Generals and armies awaiting to begin a fresh counterattack against the Andrags.

On the front lines however three full strength (40k) Andrag armies have broken through the outermost perimeter established by the Heartlands several years prior when their war came to a stalemate. Most of the Heartlander Generals are still unaware of this as word has yet to reach them of the three pronged assault that has occurred. Only time will tell what path this situation takes and indeed if there is anything that can be done to prevent a full steamrolling of Heartlander and arriving Coalition forces.

@NorbertM

The Theocratic Principality of Utinawara

In the archipelago that makes up Utinawara, piracy has very rarely occurred and thus when the black sails bearing the red heart of the Pirate Queen Romara on the horizon of some of the villages and smaller cities, they didn't know and understand who these ships belonged too. Raids against the islands began with lightning speed as they were able to commandeer some of the trade vessels and a couple military vessels using them to disguise landing parties. They would strike targets such as shore beacons that would warn ships of coastal hazards, trade ships, military supply vessels and even some ports. Burning what they couldn't take with them and killing all so there would be just a handful of witnesses if any got away. After nearly three weeks of constant raids though the Bleeding Heart Pirates under Romara seemed to disappear as they weren't sighted off the coast and they were not raiding any more. Scout ships would return saying that nothing out of the ordinary could be seen. They had seemed to "vanish".

@Ahzek Ahriman

Shahil

Seeking to make deals with the Prime Cities of the League, Shahil would unfortunately come to understand the error of such a thing. The League trades as one, each city abides by the decisions of the Council of Archons who either as one reject or accept agreements in matters of trade with foreign states. Fortunately though for Shahil, the League's Archons were not in an unforgiving mood and had agreed to sign varying trade agreements with the Shahil government. The various goods of the League would be available to Shahil and vice versa. The old tariffs and embargoes would be lowered to allow for more money to be made between the two nations and to allow for a growing partnership in the long term. The Archons of Alkaria and Trost however refused to open up trade with Shahil and while they wouldn't stop the other Prime Cities from trading they rejected the idea completely. Hyperion being the closest city to the trade lane that would be used to ship goods, was going to receive the bulk of the trade.

In response to having their trade severed by Shahil, the Andrags dispatched an full army (40k) that raided the border with Shahil burning a few small villages and forts and while they sustained light casualties, the Andrags did withdrawal back on their own side of the border to avoid a direct conflict with the military of Shahil. it is estimated that between the dozen or so villages burned, the half-dozen or so forts that were destroyed, Shahil lost nearly two-thousand soldiers and city guardsmen, with an additional twenty-thousand citizens killed, two-thousand enslaved, and about two-thousand missing.

@Solude

This concludes for our weekly time jump. If you have questions please go to the Q&A tab to ask them! I will answer them there. If you come to me in a PM then I will still only answer them in the Q&A because someone else might have the same question. If the answer to your question is in the Q&A then I will simply tell you to go read over it. If you aren't satisfied with said answer then come talk to me in a PM so we can sort it out. Thank you all!

-Maven

P.S. Remember if you would like information in one of these Time Skips then PM me what you want to see or have done. They will typically involve a skip of One (1) to Three (3) months at a time but never any longer than that.

It took them one month to return back to their homeland, their birthplace, their place of honor and pride. One month on sea can really harm a man's soul, it can become tired, wishing to close it's eyes and dream of the Halls of the Gods, a place where most Almunians want to go, to prove themselves worthy to open the great, spirit gates, and enter into Almunian paradise. The previous month, when they sailed towards the League's capital, they did a few stops, to repair their ship and to get some rest on land, for sleeping in a wet ship after a storm is very unpleasant. But this time, Hoskuld needed to hurry back to muster his forces. When he arrived at the main Almunian port, Hoskuld, his son Bjorn and the crew were greeted by the port's chief, chief Borg. A wise man, his aged face giving him the necessary wisdom and his experience giving him the needed abilities to govern the well protected port, in the north. When they set foot for the first time in nearly one month, Hoskuld was embraced by chief Borg, which Hoskuld returned the embrace without hesitation.

"Welcome home, Hoskuld. It's good to have you back." Borg said.

"Good to be home, chief Borg. How are things fairing? How's your daughter?" Hoskuld smiled.

"For the tenth time father, I want to choose my wife, not you!" Bjorn jumped angrily into their conversation, angered on his father for always trying to find his son a wife.

"Well, if only you knew how to talk to women." Hoskuld quickly shushed his son even before trying to reply, ending their talk with a soft smile.

"We have problems, Hoskuld." Borg's face darken, his head slowly going down, making Hoskuld puzzled. "While you were away, the Eiselene not only raided our eastern coast, but besieged and captured Frignar."

"How many men do they have?" Hoskuld asked, his face serious, his feet, moving away from his ship, followed by Bjorn and Borg.

"We don't know. No one escaped but a farm boy and his younger brother. He claimed he was outside, in the field with his younger brother. When they heard screams and saw smoke, they panicked and ran away. The boy, while escaping, saw the banner and described it to us."

"Gather the elders at Ygsnimil." Hoskuld ordered.

In no time, Borg send messengers across the high kingdom, informing chiefs, high chiefs and the lesser kings to assemble at Ygsnimil, the second most important city, before their capital. It took Hoskuld a couple of days to arrive there. Since the main port was a bit far away from it and since they were going by carriage, by the time they arrived, most of the needed people where there. Hoskuld's wife, Krista waited outside the city's walls, for her husband and son to return, with her daughter from a previous ruined marriage at her side. When the carriage arrived, when Hoskuld got out of the carriage first, Krista charged towards him with the speed of a rabbit, her hands holding her dress up, so she could run. When she was close enough, she let go of her dress, opened her arms towards Hoskuld and hugged him tight. Hoskuld hesitated for a brief moment, but he returned the hug, with a tight grip. Soon, his stepdaughter would join in, alongside Bjorn, into a group hug.
The family is once again reunited, Krista whispered. They entered the city safe, with Bjorn explaining his new scar to his mother and half-sister, while Hoskuld joined the Assembly Round Table, with several important people already waiting for it. Hoskuld joined the table, head down, waiting, waiting silently. Waiting for it. For...

"This is an act of war! We must get ready to invade their kingdom and crush them!" one voiced yelled, High Chief Rollo yelled.

"We must think carefully about it! We cannot simply charge in without a plan!" Chief Knut said, attempting to bring reason into the others.

"Rollo is right. We cannot allow this to happen. If we do nothing, then others will think we are weak and will follow the Eiselene's example!" a woman said.

Soon, the room was filled with yelling and arguments, everybody yelling at each other, each trying to solve this problem together, but not working together to think about it. It was when Hoskuld took a deep breath and yelled
silence with everything he got, from the bottom of his lungs. The room was silent.

"Everybody. We must think carefully what he have in front of our eyes. We must solve this problem without getting into a war, for we have the second great war coming." Hoskuld said, talking about the second coalition war.

"We cannot send troops elsewhere Hoskuld! You left and we got raided and lost a city. Think what might happen if you leave with an army." Knut said.

"We are going to make sure they won't attack us. But! We must wait for the others to arrive. Until then, state of war and call back our mercenaries. I must speak with the Old One." Hoskuld said, dismissing everybody.

With word sent out, every man and woman was to carry weapons and be ready to fight any invaders and muster themselves to the designated cities for the expeditionary force.

"...While there were few military casualties, civilian casualties are estimated above twenty-thousand..." Baydr gripped the missive in hand so tightly that the words were distorted and hard to read through the paper's wrinkles. As he read it aloud, each word came out slowly and deliberately. Finishing the letter, he turned to the other man in the room. He had promised that as long as he was here, he would only speak the language of his hosts, but it had been a hard month even before this letter reached him and he slipped into his mother tongue as he addressed his retainer - No; his friend. <<Saiph, speak honestly. What do you think of what I do here.>>

The slightly younger man remained stoic, kneeling before Baydr. "You are the son of the moon. What path you choose to walk is the path which is best for-"

Baydr shook his head and held up a hand to stop his retainer- No, his friend. "Please. Stand, and speak to me as a peer."

"I cannot, Shining One; we are not peers. You are a king." Saiph stood, but his head remained lowered as he spoke to Baydr.

They never met his eyes anymore when they spoke to him. Saiph or Adara. As much as their presence was a reassuring familiarity, it was a constant reminder of how much had changed in the past two short years. Fury flashed in Badyr's eyes and he stood, opening his mouth to scream at his retainer, but stopped suddenly. He was angry, but it wasn't at Saiph - shouting at him would help nothing. For nearly a minute, they both remained silent. Finally falling back into his seat, the Lunar King slumped deep into his chair until the small of his back was nearly touching the seat and put a hand to his forehead. <<Please...>>

No. it simply wasn't to be. There was another period of silence before Baydr straightened up, sighed and spoke wistfully. "Do you remember when you, Adara and I would debate for hours on why my father had made a given decision? Or what Jawna would say about it? Or laughing about how bad Ferey was at ceremony?"

He thought for a moment that Saiph was simply going to not respond. <<Nothing stands unchanging but the Sun and the Moon themselves.>>

"Go. Fetch Adara. I should have waited until you were both here to share this news. Leave the door open; I'll be going on a walk shortly." He watched as Saiph left the room, left him alone with his thoughts. Picking the letter back up, he reread it in its entirety. The attack was clearly retaliation, but it was a message too, a warning not to involve themselves. Flitting over the border, they thought they could simply send their bloody message and be gone, that they would not be chased, that they would see no further action. In frustration, he crumpled the missive, tossing it at a wall of the room, his voice rising until he was practically shouting. <<We are CONQUERORS. We CARVED our way out of the desert through the flesh of those who would oppose us. What good does an army do twiddling its thumbs to be attacked? If we are attacked, then we should strike back. We should tear the flesh from their backs, leave a scar across their back as a reminder of WHO WE ARE.>>

But... That wasn't who they were anymore, was it? The path of the conqueror wasn't the path his father, and his fathers mother, and his father's mother's father before him had strived for so long to walk. That his parents and sister had died for.

He needed to sort out his thoughts. Donning, his mask, he left the room to go on a walk through the city.

pK1qxu1.gif

7th Day of Sun's Peak, 1254 AUC

07/07/1254

Satine stood atop a hill. The mountains were behind her, and the Dunes of Arganorh were in front, the great white sea as it was known, the sand was white and stretched for longer than the eye could ever hope to see. This was the border, the border between civilization and the sand tribes, the Andrags. This would be the beginning of the war, the true beginning. Seventy thousand men, stood in front of her, banners forward, and weapons at attention. They stood here, prepared to give their lives in defense of not just their own homelands but in defense of all of civilization which stood on the brink of destruction at the hands of the Andrags. This was a historic moment, not for three centuries had any army crossed this border into the land of the eternal summer, of those that had been here the last time, few remained. Time was a cruel mistress, one the alven races knew all too well for their lives were long. Satine gave the signal and the drums began their solemn tune, the lyres and lutes picked up the notes and joined in the symphonic tune, the armed forces began to sing in unison together as they turned about and began their march into their enemies land.

"Cousin," Came Septimus' voice. He stood next to Satine watching as the army began its march. In all honesty sixty thousand of the army was a gift from his father to Satine for the duration of the war. Septimus' retainer was nearby holding their horses until the Satine wanted the generals to move out. While the seventy-thousand were technically a unified army, it was actually broken down into three armies, two consisting of twenty-five thousand each, and the sixth legion numbering at twenty-thousand. Satine led the Sixth Legion from the League, Septimus led the First Imperial Legion from Elyria, and Belisarius Wynd led the Second Imperial Legion from Elyria. Each had a couple subordinate generals as well to only further divide up their respective legions into functional cohorts to make fighting easier. Directing a single cohort would be easier than attempting to divide what was indeed a unified body. Cohorts assembled like a unified body but could be ordered separately to maximize command's strategies. "I will be joining my Legion on the march now, signal me if you need something." He said offering her a salute before turning to his retainer, gathering his generals and riding off towards the front of the army where his legion was, they would be the vanguard of the force.

Satine watched as her cousin rode off, General Braxxus stood next to her. General Wynd stood nearby as well, but a bit off to the side, mainly conversing with his subordinates about his legion and their respective cohorts, various matters he needed to attend to. He and Satine met their gaze for a moment before he and his subordinates saluted and departed to join their legion on the march. All of Satine's subordinates except for General Braxxus were already with her legion on their horses, moving in tandem with their respective cohorts. Satine's legion would for the time being serve as the army's rearguard, as they had already seen some conflict during the three week siege of Stohess by the Andrags. She just stood there, watching as the young men and women marched forward to an uncertain future, songs in the air, a bounce in their step, in her mind she wondered how many of them she would have to bury, how many she would watch die, unable to do anything, how many this war would take from the world. In the end, Satine wondered if it would be worth it.​

The room was dark. Only a few candles flickered, holding their ground against the imminent darkness, much like the southerners against the Rukka, the sand people. And the scent was powerful. It was an indescribable scent, filled with mystery and knowledge, filled with desire and lust, for power, for knowledge, for life. But it wasn't his first time here. No, he came here at least five times, like others had. And like others, he sought the same things others did. That very something he needed to move on. Something to keep him motivated, on track. Answers. That's why he stood there, in front of him.

"I knew you would come."
he said, breaking the silence.

"I must speak to you." Hoskuld let out a sigh.

"Sit."
he commanded and Hoskuld followed the order.

Hoskuld was surrounded by the flickering candles and a person covered by shadows. Only a portion of the black hood covering his face was visible, but for what Hoskuld came here for, he was less interested if he saw him or not. He closed his eyes, trying to gain his thoughts, for they were many, and he had to think them one at a time. And with a deep breath, he let it out.

"I'm having strange dreams." he began.

"What type of dreams?" the other asked.

"Of me, dying." Hoskuld said plainly.

"Explain them to me." the man demanded, interested.

"I'm...I'm in this city. I don't know what city, but I know it's one. I've seen it before, but I cannot remember why. There...there are buildings on fire and corpses all around me, like, like I am in the middle of a lake, but only this time, it is not one of water, but one of blood." Hoskuld explained and stopped, trying to get his thoughts right. "There are...sounds of swords clashing, of battle cries, of, of, dying men. Screams of pain and, and suffering. Then, I hear a man yelling. I hear him, because he is behind me. And I turn around and see him charge. He comes closer and closer, like a child, running towards his long lost father. And...I kill him. And...and as I look over his dead body, a familiar voice appears. I turn around and, and. There is my wife, Krista. Killing me. I...I felt the pain, the axe...sucking the life out of me. And then...I wake up." he stops, as he finished. "Tell me, why am I having this dream over and over again?"

"The Gods protect us in many ways. Your dream is a vision. A glimpse of the future. You should consider yourself lucky Hoskuld. The Gods have decided to aid you and your dreams are proof of it. Someone, has or will, betray you."

"My wife?" Hoskuld asked.

"No, not your wife. Someone you trust very much, and cannot think that he or she might turn on you."

"My son?" Hoskuld asked again.

"No, not your son. Your son's loyalty is beyond question. So is yours to him. He would walk with you into the underworld and carry you back, if he must. And so would you for him. No. Someone else." he reassured Hoskuld.

"If the Gods want to warn me, why not show me the person who will betray me? Why all these images, all this trickery?" Hoskuld asked, anger filling his voice.

"Oh, but where would the fun be?" he laughed. "The Gods protect us, but at the same time, entertain themselves with our misery."

"Isovyn would never do such a thing." Hoskuld fired.

The man rose from his chair. "How dare you bring a mortal into the affairs of the Gods? Begone now, for I have said enough." he waved his hand, dismissively. "And walk carefully. The Gods are watching."

Hoskuld left the dark room. What he had to do now is prepare himself for what was about to come. His thoughts were many, but he needed to choose carefully his next decisions. War was knocking at his door, and it wasn't the Rukka. It was the Eiselene. A people Hoskuld had to deal diplomatically or warlike. But he wished to rest and so he did. For the next day however, the majority of the important men and women from Almunia have arrived. Hoskuld deemed it enough to make a decision and as he walked into the assembly room, he let no one speak but himself and once he was done, he left, calling Ljot and Bjorn with him.

"I declare war on the Eiselene not for raiding, but for taking a city from us. I will assemble an army and march towards the city to recapture it. I want a part of our fleet to be mobilized, to blockade the city, to ensure that no one runs away. At the same time, I want to sent a counter invasion towards them, at least 20.000 men. I will choose who will lead the army. Until then, pull back your mercenaries, fortify your holdings, prepare your men and make ready for war. To work! Ljot, Bjorn. Come with me."

When Ozaki had landed with his army he was confronted by a small group of various statesmen and governmental officials, suspiciously Alria was not among the greeting party. To his surprise and horror Ozaki stood in-front of this group, hearing of how they had ordered the arrest of Alria due to so called 'failures of duty' during her last trip to the coalition meetings. Even as Ozaki argues with the men in-front of him, he came to a realization, no matter how much he argued, no matter how much he threatened to leave with his men and not help them, he couldn't. He knew he couldn't because that would effectively be the death of all of his nations carefully built foreign relations with many of the nations now counting on each other within the coalition, and thus, much to his anger Ozaki organized his men and took the 'order' from the Heartlands Senate to begin marching towards the front.

Around five days later the army would find itself around sixteen miles outside of the main Heartlands military camps, his army continuing to march doggedly on, it having rained for the past two days and moral having dipped a bit as they move on, Ozaki riding at the front of their army and glancing back to General Wilhelm, speaking to him "Wilhelm, go back and let the men know their Warlord tells them to press on! Our comrades sit only a few miles away, camp and a good rest awaits us all. It's important that all the men get their rest before going out, last thing we need is to be tired and foot weary marching against the Andrags." He and a few of his officers near him chuckling at the ending comment, Wilhelm nodding and wheeling his horse around, trotting down along the right hand edge of the road, bellowing in his deep voice. "Gentlemen, good morning! I understand the marching has worn onto you men, we've pushed you hard, but our camp is beyond close to our grasp! Then we defend, so we may rest and ready ourselves for the enemy to come to us! As such we shall win this war against the savages of the sands and drive them back from our dear allies borders! For the Prince, For the Fatherland!"

Within the camp around forty-five minutes later, the various spotters facing the road back into the Heartlands spot a large army of men, the banners flying the flag of the Isles, suddenly the spotting of the men is joined by the distant but still loud "For the Prince and the Fatherland!" bellowed by fifteen thousand men, the band at the front striking up the present march of the First Grand Army of the Isles. Ozaki would glance at the camp as he crests the hill, some of the camp facing them stirring and beginning to react to the arrival of their allies, the Army of the Isles has arrived.

Meanwhile back upon the isles of Untiwara, after the cost and damages of the raiding from the so called 'Pirate Queen', how now nothing much can be done until the fleet arrives back home to patrol the waters, but around twenty thousand people were raised as town guard and armed with some stockpiles of outdated swords and older Awl-pikes left over from the arming of the 15,000 men. These men would be evenly distributed among their respective counties, making sure to keep watch upon hilltops overlooking the seas, setting up various woodwork outposts and beginning to reconstruct various pieces of required sea based infrastructure.

ueqKJgf.gif

Current Date

17th Day of Heart's Call, 1254 AUC

09/17/1254

The Most Serene League of Nemora

The League had dispatched nearly twenty of their more seaworthy naval vessels to the north to aid the Almunians against the Eiselene. Word had come in the previous month that they had lost one of their eastern port cities to a brutal attack by the Eiselene. Anyone with two eyes would be able to know that Eislen had been pressured into doing this by the Andrags to ward off a northern attack on their lands. They were crippling one of the pincer movements by making sure their armed forces were tied up doing something else rather than being able to support the Baktrians in their northern invasion of the Andrag lands. In truth it was a brilliant move and even if the entire world knew that it was the Andrags forcing the Eiselene, it wouldn't matter in the slightest as the Eiselene had succeeded in doing their objective, they had the attention of the High King of the Almunians and they had him right were they wanted him. They had him asking for help from the League to the south, their ships to be precise, with those ships coming to the north they had fewer ships to defend their all important trade lanes to the south.

Doge Draelius unfortunately just two months into her Dogeate was assassinated in the main square in Tython. A group of ten or so trained assassins surrounded the young Doge and her escorts killing them without mercy before killing themselves to prevent their employer's name from being revealed. Following tradition the capital moved with the election of Lizavetta Draelius' successor to the position of Doge, with her death and the swift election of Alexia Matreas as the new Doge, the capital moved to the city of Hyperion in the desert oasis. Immediately Doge Matreas began initianting talks with Sahil to begin a trade conference in which delegates from each of the Prime Cities would come to Hyperion to hold a conference with those of importance from Sahil to talk about forming an economic pact or agreement with one another. It has been one month since that invitation has been sent out and the delegates from the Prime Cities have arrived and the delegates from Sahil should be arriving anytime now.

@NorbertM

The Coalition Forces under Satine Arcturian

In the southern sands of the Lands of the Andrags the ninety thousand strong army of the Coalition Forces under Satine Arcturian marched slowly through the dunes. They had not met with an enemy army, and had not yet come across any of their cities. With the consultation of their allies, Satine chose to march the army on the fringes of the desert heading towards Sahil to support them in the defense of their nation and to hopefully convince their leadership to lend Satine even more soldiers and to establish a supply line to the Coalition Forces in the desert as they struck out from the Sahilian lands. It was a gamble seeing how the League and Sahil had no real relationship, but Satine was willing to bargain with them to get what she needed, to ensure that this war would continue with fewer casualties than the last one.

@Solude

This concludes for our weekly time jump. If you have questions please go to the Q&A tab to ask them! I will answer them there. If you come to me in a PM then I will still only answer them in the Q&A because someone else might have the same question. If the answer to your question is in the Q&A then I will simply tell you to go read over it. If you aren't satisfied with said answer then come talk to me in a PM so we can sort it out. Thank you all!

-Maven

P.S. Remember if you would like information in one of these Time Skips then PM me what you want to see or have done. They will typically involve a skip of One (1) to Three (3) months at a time but never any longer than that.

*****************************Hoskuld*****************************

"This doesn't make any sense." Ljot claimed, standing next to a crouched Hoskuld, on top of a hill, far away from the lost city, with their forces in close proximity.

It didn't made sense at all, in all honesty. The city the Eiselene taken from the Almunians was all rubble and ruins, but fortified, the Eiselene safe behind the wooden walls of the city-port. And on top of that, the city has been reinforced with more men, how many however, was unknown to Hoskuld and his troops. He stood there, crouched, chewing gently on his thumb's fingernail, thinking. Thinking alone, it seemed, as most wanted Hoskuld to besiege the city and retake it. But in Hoskuld's thoughts, the action itself would make plenty useless casualties. The city was lost, from what Hoskuld could see, the population was either slaughtered or sold into slavery. He hoped they were sold into slavery, as his connections with northern pirates would help him buy his people back. He hoped thought. He didn't knew if it will work. But he had to try, no matter what. It was his people, which he couldn't abandon so easily.

"No point in taking the city." Hoskuld rose. Ljot was shocked, but more confused. He knows Hoskuld isn't a mindless warrior who rushes in the heat of battle. He was, after all, his mentor.

"Then what do you suggest?" chief Knut said, approaching from behind. "Because they reinforced it? I know you are cautious, but they can move any minute to-"

"They would've done it by now." Hoskuld interrupted Knut. "Or send their reinforcements towards a different city. No, they are planning something. Their reason wasn't to sack the city, otherwise they wouldn't have simply remained and send reinforcements. They wouldn't attempt to conquer land either, the damage they made is too expensive to fix. No, they are waiting. Or grabbing our attention for something else. But what?" Hoskuld scratched his beard.

"Another attack?" Knut asked.

"No, they wouldn't. Not with our allies fleets here. Not while our invasion force is sailing towards them. They know every man and woman here know how to fight. They wouldn't risk an entire army to face nearly 1 million troops. Or two. They must be preparing to defend their homes. But their true purpose here, is to keep us busy. Ljot, how are they?" Hoskuld turned to Ljot.

"Sailing and ready to spread propaganda and unrest within the lands of the Eiselene." Ljot answered.

"Good. If we manage to revolt their commoners, they would be forced to pull back their troops, or they will take countless casualties and the king might get dethroned. And with our help..."

"A new king?" Knut asked, entering the conversation he seemed to be pushed out from.

"Which might like our support. Either way. I want eyes on the city. Let's see what they are up to. In the meanwhile, I'll help the others build the catapults." Hoskuld said.

"Cata-what?" What's a cata-cata-pub?" Knut asked.

"Something the southerners invented. They call it artillery." Hoskuld answered. The books he borrowed from Satine, the multitude he managed to grab, gave Hoskuld new insight on new technology. It is right to learn, even from the enemy. Only this time, they weren't enemies at all.

*****************************Bjorn*******************************

Bjorn was sent with 9.600 men towards the League, as support for the war. They weren't many, but they were one of the best. Four thousand Old Guard, 4.000 Young Guard and the rest, seasoned raiders. His father promised support for his allies and he sent them. Bjorn knew his father kept his word. And although Bjorn didn't wanted to go, even if he wanted to stay, when his father looked him in the eyes, Bjorn could not refuse. As he walked with the troops through the city, to embark and sail to the unknown, people from all across the high kingdom, wives, daughters, young sons, lovers, parents. They all stood on the sides, throwing flowers in front of the men, in front of Bjorn. They cheered and yelled what they would always yell when they have marched to war,
with your helmet on your head and your shield in your hand, return home or go onto the next one. Many ran towards the men and women, giving their last goodbyes. And as they sailed, the drums and horns sang together, one final attempt to increase the troops morale.

For one month, they sailed, one long, harsh month. Songs were sang, to pass the time. Games were played, board games. Stories of adventures and great raids. Bjorn was amazed by each story. He never experienced this. To stay alongside your men and talk, share experiences. But he didn't mind. His father grew him like that. Every brother and sister is important. No matter what. And when he was hearing the best stories, a cry was heard. Land!, it was. As Bjorn went towards the front of his ship, he saw it. The same city he saw a few months ago, unchanged. And as the ships approached, Bjorn ordered the flags to be shown. The Coalition's colors. And with the sound of countless horns, singing in unison, Bjorn and his troops. A part of the army Hoskuld promised. The Almunians, now part of the Second Coalition. Has arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back