• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Vampire: The Masquerade: Chapter 3: Setting Aside Grievances

Why would we go to the Giovanni stronghold? We already know they aren't responsible for this, and as a ninja, we should be discreet in how we handle this mission. Unless you had a plan for why we'd go there?

Otherwise, I agree with drinking half of the ghoul and not healing the wound.

So far, my votes are
2-1, with 3, bringing whoever they can spare

Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Archdemon Archdemon
(Do you guys want a Half-Life 2 Quest?)

You sink your fangs in. The feeling is amazing. Refreshing and stimulating of all your senses. The drinking of blood - this cursed ritual. It is one of the last things that give you actual pleasures in your life. There is little else that gives quite as much of an excellent arousal. Indeed, the feeling can be compared to an orgasm.

Your fangs slowly detract from the neck and back into your skull, growing smaller after you've fed. "Damn it, I thought you were going to drink me whole..." he stepped back, a bit wobbly. It is reasonable he's feeling a bit light-headed after being half-emptied.

"Quiet," Michael says to him. "Have you found anything in there?" his head darts at you.

"Yes, a Kindred much like us. A necromancer, apparently, but he wasn't a Giovanni. It doesn't add up. Their bite is meant to be lethal and painful to even kindred even when they make precautions against it. That's their weakness. The one whoreson down there bit me, but the wound isn't as bad as I expected. I can't regenerate it, but I'm still kicking."

"Weird. Did he have any characteristic features? I'll look into it."

"He looked like he had low humanity. His face was... putrid. It looked like a decomp--" "Oh, no." Michael's hands shoot up to his head. He gives you a worried... No... a shocked look.

"Are you completely sure?"

You think. You reconsider what you said and think about it. You nod in response after three seconds. "Yes. Why?"
"In that case, we are dealing with a Cappadocian. Or, as they call themselves; the Harbingers of Skulls."
"Who... are they?"

"Listen, this is no knowledge for Neonates. It is forbidden lore. But I will level with you -- The Giovanni Clan? They are no Clan. They were a bloodline, but their 'Antediluvian,' Augustus Giovanni diablerized his sire; the Antediluvian Cappadocius. Then, the Giovanni enacted a mass genocide of all Cappadocians. Those that somehow survived became a bloodline while the Giovanni took their place as a Clan of necromancers. Now the 'Harbingers of Skulls,' those who survived the purge are out for vengeance. I suppose they want to frame the local Giovanni for this mess. Very well. We will go down into the mausoleum and try to find any leads. You, go to the Prince and report this at once. If the Cappadocians are in the city, we are not safe. Their power is akin to thaumaturgy. With the right instruments, they can defeat everyone in this city and burn it to the ground."
  1. Refuse and go down to the mausoleum with them.
  2. Agree and go to the Prince to report this at once.
Health: 67%
Vitae: 84%

Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Archdemon Archdemon
(Do you guys want a Half-Life 2 Quest?)

You sink your fangs in. The feeling is amazing. Refreshing and stimulating of all your senses. The drinking of blood - this cursed ritual. It is one of the last things that give you actual pleasures in your life. There is little else that gives quite as much of an excellent arousal. Indeed, the feeling can be compared to an orgasm.

Your fangs slowly detract from the neck and back into your skull, growing smaller after you've fed. "Damn it, I thought you were going to drink me whole..." he stepped back, a bit wobbly. It is reasonable he's feeling a bit light-headed after being half-emptied.

"Quiet," Michael says to him. "Have you found anything in there?" his head darts at you.

"Yes, a Kindred much like us. A necromancer, apparently, but he wasn't a Giovanni. It doesn't add up. Their bite is meant to be lethal and painful to even kindred even when they make precautions against it. That's their weakness. The one whoreson down there bit me, but the wound isn't as bad as I expected. I can't regenerate it, but I'm still kicking."

"Weird. Did he have any characteristic features? I'll look into it."

"He looked like he had low humanity. His face was... putrid. It looked like a decomp--" "Oh, no." Michael's hands shoot up to his head. He gives you a worried... No... a shocked look.

"Are you completely sure?"

You think. You reconsider what you said and think about it. You nod in response after three seconds. "Yes. Why?"
"In that case, we are dealing with a Cappadocian. Or, as they call themselves; the Harbingers of Skulls."
"Who... are they?"

"Listen, this is no knowledge for Neonates. It is forbidden lore. But I will level with you -- The Giovanni Clan? They are no Clan. They were a bloodline, but their 'Antediluvian,' Augustus Giovanni diablerized his sire; the Antediluvian Cappadocius. Then, the Giovanni enacted a mass genocide of all Cappadocians. Those that somehow survived became a bloodline while the Giovanni took their place as a Clan of necromancers. Now the 'Harbingers of Skulls,' those who survived the purge are out for vengeance. I suppose they want to frame the local Giovanni for this mess. Very well. We will go down into the mausoleum and try to find any leads. You, go to the Prince and report this at once. If the Cappadocians are in the city, we are not safe. Their power is akin to thaumaturgy. With the right instruments, they can defeat everyone in this city and burn it to the ground."
  1. Refuse and go down to the mausoleum with them.
  2. Agree and go to the Prince to report this at once.
Health: 67%
(I'd honestly like an Elder Scrolls one)

We need to tell the prince. Even us, the super greatest kawaii desu seinin ninja, could not hope to defeat these guys on our own.

Come on, you get to be an evil, futuristic cop!
Was never a fan of Half-Life. I recognize it as a notable point in gaming history, I just never played it, nor was I ever especially interested.
FUCK ELDER SCROLLS
HALF LIFE 2 BABYYYYYYYYYYY

ALso 2.
FUCK YOU, AT LEAST ELDER SCROLLS IS GETTING ANOTHER SEQUEL, UNLIKE HALF-LIFE! HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED TO BE CANCELLED, BEEEIIIIIIITTTCCH!

Was never a fan of Half-Life. I recognize it as a notable point in gaming history, I just never played it, nor was I ever especially interested.

FUCK YOU, AT LEAST ELDER SCROLLS IS GETTING ANOTHER SEQUEL, UNLIKE HALF-LIFE! HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED TO BE CANCELLED, BEEEIIIIIIITTTCCH!
Hey, y'know. It's not about the game. It's about the setting. The damn thing is so climactic and immersive. Especially on a Gmod HL2RP server.

AT LEAST HALF LIFE WAS NEVER CANCEROUS AND ITS MAIN PLOT WASN'T BORING AS HELLLL BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!

AT LEAST HALF LIFE WAS NEVER CANCEROUS AND ITS MAIN PLOT WASN'T BORING AS HELLLL BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!
YEAH, HALF-LIFE'S PLOT JUST REVOLVED AROUND ALIEN SPACE FETUSES AND POOR VEHICLE STEERING! AND HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN SOME OF THOSE RP SERVERS IN GARRY'S MOD? THAT'S CANCER INCARNATE. BEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTCCCCHHHHH NUGGET!

ALSO, HALF-LIFE 2'S ENTIRE PLOT REVOLVED AROUND YOU SAVING THE LEADER OF THE REBELLION EVERY TWO MINUTES IN A MULTI-HOUR GAME! I'VE PLAYED GAMES OF SOLITAIRE MORE INTERESTING THEN THAT LAZY BULLSHIT, BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!

ALSO, HALF-LIFE 2'S ENTIRE PLOT REVOLVED AROUND YOU SAVING THE LEADER OF THE REBELLION EVERY TWO MINUTES IN A MULTI-HOUR GAME! I'VE PLAYED GAMES OF SOLITAIRE MORE INTERESTING THEN THAT LAZY BULLSHIT, BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!
YEAH, AT LEAST HALF-LIFE 2 DOESN'T HAVE NUDITY MODS ALL OVER, YOU MILKDRINKER!

YEAH, AT LEAST HALF-LIFE 2 DOESN'T HAVE NUDITY MODS ALL OVER, YOU MILKDRINKER!
HEY, WHO SAYS THAT'S A BAD THING, YOU NWAH! BESIDES, AT LEAST BETHESDA MAKES THE MODDING TOOLS FREE, SO THAT THE COMMUNITY CAN MAKE A BETTER GAME.

SIDE NOTE, ENDERAL IS AMAZING.

HEY, WHO SAYS THAT'S A BAD THING, YOU NWAH! BESIDES, AT LEAST BETHESDA MAKES THE MODDING TOOLS FREE, SO THAT THE COMMUNITY CAN MAKE A BETTER GAME.

SIDE NOTE, ENDERAL IS AMAZING.
*Chuckles*

Yeah, yeah. You keep telling yourself that first one. *Cough, cough* Creation club, *Cough, cough* Paid mods, *Cough, cough.*

*Chuckles*

Yeah, yeah. You keep telling yourself that first one. *Cough, cough* Creation club, *Cough, cough* Paid mods, *Cough, cough.*
*Cough Cough* The Nexus *Cough Cough* Creation Club's probably gonna die if they don't get some actually good mods *Cough Cough* But the tools are still free *Cough Cough*

*Cough Cough* The Nexus *Cough Cough* Creation Club's probably gonna die if they don't get some actually good mods *Cough Cough* But the tools are still free *Cough Cough*
Bethesda is still a poor developer. I mean, they release 'meeeh,' games that need patches and updates to become playable, then they need DLCs to have any replayability, and lastly mods to actually add some interesting elements to it. Imagine Fallout 4 or Skyrim without any mods. I'd get bored in a few days, especially that they are constantly going away from being RPG's.

Bethesda is removing the RP from their G. Skyrim's systems were so simplistic it made my eyes cringe as an Oblivion veteran.

Hmmmm, this is a hard choice for me. Mainly because I want to inform the prince about the guy but if we leave he might kill our "friends" here and then he would be free.

1. I choose this only because this guy must die, we must make absolute certainty that he is dead before we inform the prince. Besides he might not believe us if we go to him without any evidence. I feel like if we go to the prince we may face some major consequences if this guy lives.

You nod and without further ado, you head over to the exit. The place was giving you the creeps either way.

~~~~

You are in the taxi. Suddenly, the cabbie speaks up.

"Then, there are Cappadocians in the city?" he asks.
"Huh? What are-- I have no idea what you're talking about."
"Worry not, young vampire. I know more about you and about your people than you could possibly know yourself."
"..."
"Who are you?"

"You've reached a new level of irony by asking that question," you grumble whilst staring into the mirror. You look at his face. Trying to see if he has fangs, red eyes, pale skin. Anything. But no. He definitely isn't a vampire, and he knows this is a secret to you. "How do you know about the Cappadocians?"

"It's not important. And asking any further questions on the subject seems trivial since it appears I'm not going to tell you," he replies.
"Appears? Trivial?"
"I merely speak your language, vampire. Is it not profit that speaks to your kind? Do you no longer search for moral wisdom or knowledge? Sophisticated study, or things as simple as the joys of life? Or are you saying that it is an endless litany of bloodshed over different ideals of leadership and corrupt betrayal over food that governs you?"

Amazing. Now that you think about it, this is a good question. One that you never extensively asked yourself. The thought of it was always in your mind, but he's more than a seeker of knowledge. He's more like a wise prophet. He's a philosopher of some kind.

"Before you answer to my question," he interrupts just as you were going to explain your thoughts on your own existence to him. "Think carefully. Your answer is, indeed, after all what awaits you in your darkest hours, child of Malkav."
  1. "I wouldn't say that."
  2. "I suppose so."
  3. Write-in.

Man we should really do like an Insane Malkavian response here. Like somebody write that up.

I can't do it cause j can't think of anything.

"Well, I'd say that once the gromblopkins zing the flargens, the denturos will shihera the blentero in the yegnebekenezer. Other then that, I have no real opinion one way or the other,"

Hmmm

"Well, I'd say that once the gromblopkins zing the flargens, the denturos will shihera the blentero in the yegnebekenezer. Other then that, I have no real opinion one way or the other,"

That's just insane, a Malkavian is more like Smart Insane. You can make out what they are saying but the way they say it is insane.

The best way I can think of for our Ninja to formulate his thoughts is to use Very Broken Japanese he learned from Manga's and Animes.

So basically he's like yeah we did go off from that path to look more towards power and monetary greed instead of knowledge about ourselves as Vampires.

But he's like super fucking cringe by saying it all in broken Japanese like mister bla Senpai or Sugoi, or kawaii. Shit like that.

We are a Malkavian Weeb Ninja, we must act like one in our insanity.

Hmmm

That's just insane, a Malkavian is more like Smart Insane. You can make out what they are saying but the way they say it is insane.

The best way I can think of for our Ninja to formulate his thoughts is to use Very Broken Japanese he learned from Manga's and Animes.

So basically he's like yeah we did go off from that path to look more towards power and monetary greed instead of knowledge about ourselves as Vampires.

But he's like super fucking cringe by saying it all in broken Japanese like mister bla Senpai or Sugoi, or kawaii. Shit like that.

We are a Malkavian Weeb Ninja, we must act like one in our insanity.
Excuse me, that was Lewis Carol speech, the highest form of insanity. Gawsh.

"I'd say that gain is the only real thing I can do, senpai. This kind of life isn't sugoi. If I'm going to do it foreveru, I suppose that's that. The sun and things like eating food, or enjoying the simple things are no longer available to me. Drinking blood is the closest thing I get to a boner -- I didn't ask to become a vampire," you reply in broken Japanese, letting your derangement sink out a bit too much. You thought about loli girls during the last sentence of your speech.

"Hm. Interesting." The cabbie smiles, revealing his whites. He definitely isn't a kindred like you. No doubt about it. Perhaps he is a mage? You heard of those. They can perform something called dynamic magic, but you have no further knowledge about how it works. "Then, if you could have another chance at real, human life -- as a mortal, would you want that? Remember, if you say no, that means you are basically asserting that life and unlife have no difference, and both of them are equally full of suffering." The man's voice was hazy. He was presenting some kind of... something to you. You're not exactly sure what.

It would most likely be for the better if you really thought about your next answer.
  1. "Yes, if I could, I'd want another shot at human life."
  2. "No, being a vampire makes me stronger. That's more important than happiness."
  3. "No, but being a vampire isn't that good of an alternative either, to be honest."
Just as you answer, the taxi comes to a stop. "We're here," the cabbie says, dropping you off. You quickly pay for the travel, holding the money in your left hand. As you turn around and the cab drives off, you realize...

Your hand healed during the conversation. You didn't even notice. How... strange.

Health: 100% (will disappear in next post.)

"I'd say that gain is the only real thing I can do, senpai. This kind of life isn't sugoi. If I'm going to do it foreveru, I suppose that's that. The sun and things like eating food, or enjoying the simple things are no longer available to me. Drinking blood is the closest thing I get to a boner -- I didn't ask to become a vampire," you reply in broken Japanese, letting your derangement sink out a bit too much. You thought about loli girls during the last sentence of your speech.

"Hm. Interesting." The cabbie smiles, revealing his whites. He definitely isn't a kindred like you. No doubt about it. Perhaps he is a mage? You heard of those. They can perform something called dynamic magic, but you have no further knowledge about how it works. "Then, if you could have another chance at real, human life -- as a mortal, would you want that? Remember, if you say no, that means you are basically asserting that life and unlife have no difference, and both of them are equally full of suffering." The man's voice was hazy. He was presenting some kind of... something to you. You're not exactly sure what.

It would most likely be for the better if you really thought about your next answer.
  1. "Yes, if I could, I'd want another shot at human life."
  2. "No, being a vampire makes me stronger. That's more important than happiness."
  3. "No, but being a vampire isn't that good of an alternative either, to be honest."
Just as you answer, the taxi comes to a stop. "We're here," the cabbie says, dropping you off. You quickly pay for the travel, holding the money in your left hand. As you turn around and the cab drives off, you realize...

Your hand healed during the conversation. You didn't even notice. How... strange.

Health: 100% (will disappear in next post.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back