• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

πšƒπš‘πšŽπš’ π™²πšŠπš–πšŽ πšπš˜πš› πš„πšœ

RIPSaidCone

tolmie
The Year is 1972.

Following the Congo Event and the subsequent outbreak of both the African Flu, and the invasion of an extraterrestrial race known only as the Khim'Er'Sha. The world as we know it changed forever at the turn of the 20th century.

Though they were eventually, and painstakingly pushed back into Africa, the scope of the invasion, at its greatest extent in 1915, reached as far north as Denmark, and as far east as China. Killing tens of millions and displacing many more that number.

In the decades that followed, hunger, poverty, civil strife and sickness consumed much of the Eurasian continent. Sending these parts of it into anarchy for either brief, or considerable periods of time.

Of course not as nearly affected as Eurasia. The Americas would feel the repercussions of a near total collapse in international trade, though the United States would ease the suffering, and would in-fact benefit in some ways, as its self-reliance grew, and its financial aid would reach all corners of the world. Possibly cementing its status as a new superpower.

Now the year is 1972, and a sense of normalcy has been established. The global economy is growing, technology is innovating, living standards are rising and new powers are appearing in the world. The African continent remains uninhabitable, and little is known about what occurs within its nigh impenetrable borders. Sitting as a source of perpetual anxiety for the governments of Humanity.

However what happens next is up to you..

unknown.png

Here is the current map! All colored countries are individual players! All white countries are neutral (and available) However if you have any ideas at all, feel free to join the Discord and tell me them!

In-order to fix the problem of superstates existing in nation builders, you will have your nation, and depending on how large and influential it is, you may also choose to have a sphere of influence. That is a region in which the neighboring, NPC nations are generally subservient to your own, though your nation in-universe does not directly control them (you as the player can still write for them however). For example, Japan's sphere of influence includes Korea and Manchuria. As shown by the fainter red used for them, and the stronger red used for Japan itself.

When all players have joined, the blank spaces will likely be anarchic in nature, with little or no government or organization present. Players may choose to establish friendly or puppet/satellite governments in these areas, however you will need to put a worthy amount of time, resources and finance into doing so, as to prevent a Risk-like map rush to claim as much territory as possible.

Players can also enact policies, conduct diplomacy of course, go to war, have international incidents, do trade deals, research new technologies, develop infrastructure. Anything you can think of (within reason of course)

Leave your interest and possible claims below if you already have an idea! The CS sheet will be put up once enough people have shown interest!

If you have any questions, leave them below! A discord will likely be set up for this RP once it gets off the ground, so having that would be very useful.

Last edited:
I am interested, and would likely be looking at playing the US with likely Latin America and aybe Canada in its sphere or Germany with Poland, Possibly the Baltic states and some of the Balkans in its sphere of influence

I am interested; would like to play as Italy with Croatia, Bosnia, and Albania in my sphere of influence.

I wanna be the Philippines with Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia as allies

Would be interested in tagging along with this one. Anychance of resurrecting the formulated Franco-British Union?

Hey! Im interested! as the Sarawakian Empire perhaps.
i'd take the sarawakian borneo borders.

Hey, is it okay if I were to join as the Greater Low Countries? (Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, the French provinces of Artois and Flanders and Hainaut and the German regions of Weser-Ems, MΓΌnster and Dusseldorf?

Hello there, Id be interested in taking Siberia from Omsk or Novosibirsk up to the Pacific, with maybe Mongolia and eastern Kazakhstan in my influence!

I have a quick question what year did the aliens arrive? I guess I'm asking what year the war started and history made an alternate term.

Because I was thinking about playing a Balkan country that broke away from the ottomans when they still had a large foothold their and joined Greece while the ottomans where busy fighting the aliens.

The country would be made up of Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Kosovo, part of southern Serbia and all Turkish holdings on the Balkan side of the bosphorus. Spheres of influence would be the island of Corsica and the Balearic islands.

Last edited:
Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002

They arrived in 1906 and were pushed back into Africa by 1929, very long war.

But that's a neat idea! We have a discord with 18 folks in it if you wanna check it out!

Last edited:
I think an Australian-New Zealand Union is in order.

I might go for an Intermarium in Poland and parts of Belarus and Ukraine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back