Chitchat The Tale of my First RP!

Naguru

Esoterically Discontented
Hello there!

Now I know what you're thinking, "Your first RP? HAH! Who wants to hear a story about something we all do?" Well sir, my first RP wasn't like your average RP, well I don't think it was. It was back in 09 and I was a ripe young lad with enough creativity to kill the curiosity that killed the cat! At this point I thought RP was purely table top and live(Like the ones you used to find in Habbo, not the lame ones they have now, back when the RP community were grammar experts and could type pages in minutes!) it was around the time Habbo's RP community(well at least the community I knew) was dying out and you'd only see the legendary elites of the Starwars RP's make rare appearances when they utterly destroyed entire rooms of noobs who thought they had the moves. I branched off to find something else that would quench the thirst I had gained for that rush I got every time I detailed that awesome move I seen in my mind and that's when I came across story board RP, yeah it was slower but it was better then I ever imagined! At this point I was churning out short stories at the rate of at least two a month to give something a bit more tangible to the thoughts I had, so you could imagine how excited I was when I found my first RP forum! I joined, introduced myself and got to posting instantly! However it took me a few days to find the right RP, most of the ones I seen were fan fiction of anime I hadn't seen too much of but then I came across 'Monster Hunters'(I believe that's the title, I might be wrong.) now I'm saddened to say that my time in this RP didn't go past two weeks because I was going on a trip to a country that didn't have many places to connect to the internet so I respectfully left the RP in a bloody explosion(Obviously discussing this before hand in the OOC.).

"Well that was boring..." I'm not finished yet buddy! So now what made this RP unique? Well the GM was a blind man who used a speech software to read and I assume also to type. Now I know that people who are handicap are capable of amazing things and that it's not rare that we see someone handicap grab their limitations by the throat and destroy them, but this truly amazed me and not because he used what is probably a common software, what truly amazed me was the way this man dedicated himself to his plot and posts like a true GM should despite his handicap, despite the fact that he knew he'd have to ask those who replace full words with abbreviation to please re-type their posts, that he was still able to produce great quality posts with amazing detail and depth. The younger me who spent all his time in his little box creating characters would have never come up with a character such as him, the very concept was mind blowing to me. He was and still is an inspiration to me in regards of character creation and RP in general. Sadly over the years I've lost contact with him and I'm sure he's no longer posting on that site which has seemed to have gone down quite a bit.

That's my story, all of it is 100% true.

Thank you for reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back