• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Alexander Brennan
Former Seraphite | 19 | Current location ;; South Dakota

He looked at Nate, curious as to just what he was going to say. He twisted his fingers together as he waited. Alex considered Nate's question, watching as he turned to the cabinets. "If we had a place like the farmhouse? It would be something I'd consider yes. If I knew it was safe for them. My problem like you said, I can't have them myself, I'd have to find a woman. They don't exactly have kids that you can just take and raise" He said, looking down at his hands. He would've taken a wife if he hadn't left, and probably had kids, but they'd raised like he was and he couldn't do that to them. "In theory? Yes. If we had a safe peaceful place to raise them, then I would absolutely want them." He said, turning to a cabinet beside him, searching through it. Canned beans and more canned corn in this one. He pulled them out and shoved them in his bag as he waited for a response to his answer.

Nathaniel Matthews
Former Firefly | 21 | Current location ;; South Dakota

We. If we had a farmhouse. If we had a safe place. Nate knew that he was the one to say we first. He knew this was the future they had been talking about that he was adding in a new level to the fantasy. Not just a sprawling farm with acres full of animals and crops. Not just a beautiful, big house with decorated rooms. Not just parties with confetti, shakers, and freshly made bread. Not just a nice bed to sleep in that was warm, cozy, and had Alex in it too. Also kids. We and safe. We and absolutely. He didn’t know how to take that. We. Was that a if we have a safe place, I want kids or an if We have a safe place, I want us to have kids? Because the distinction was a little bit terrifying, and not because Nate was opposed to it. If the world was safe, bringing up life was the most beautiful thing. If the world was safe, he would love a big, happy family. If the world was safe.

Nate hadn’t actually looked in the cabinet. Not much. Look in a drawer. Some scissors and tape. He already had a lot of those. “Yeah,” he said a little quieter than even their quieter speaking. “Yeah, me too.” And he realized that he really meant that. But he didn’t know exactly what he meant. Whether he was agreeing with one interpretation or another.

Alexander Brennan

Alex looked over at Nate. He realized that he'd used the we in each sentence. The quiet 'yeah' drew Alex away from his search to look at Nate. Did he not want the farmhouse dream too? Alex thought that they'd decided if they can find it, they'd stay together. In Washington with Nate's group. Alex didn't know what to make of such a quiet response. "Did I say something wrong?" He couldn't help but ask. He wasn't sure if he'd been overly forward in his answers. He did want children, he did want the big farmhouse with animals and a farm, a cozy soft bed with Nate beside him, and overall he just wanted to be with Nate and he had no idea how to even handle that. Alex looked in another cabinet and found some canned carrots and another couple cans of corn. He shoved all the cans in his pack, while he waited for Nate to answer him.

Nathaniel Matthews
Former Firefly | 21 | Current location ;; South Dakota

The question made Nate’s entire being freeze, drop from somewhere too high, and shatter. His face fell, stomach flipped upside down. He shouldn’t have said that. He shouldn’t have made him feel like that. No, that was not what he meant to do. He didn’t know what to do, and he faltered, and that was absolutely not what was supposed to happen. He twisted around immediately. “No, no of course not.” He meant to just step nearer to Alex, but the kitchen was so small that suddenly they were right there with each other. His entire face burned like the sun shone only on him. “No you didn’t, it’s just I- um.” he swallowed hard, trying to sift through the emotions. “I want-“ it should not have been so difficult to say these things out loud. He was not supposed to be the shy one. And yet, as his chest rose and fell like he just ran a marathon, he turned to another section of the kitchen to find a pack of granola bars that he held in his hands too tightly. “I want that too.” When he was looking away, it was mildly less scary. “Big farmhouse. Lots of land. Cows and sheep and goats or something. Wheat and carrots and I don’t know potatoes.” He laughed. “Full kitchen, full house. Big house for a um. A big family. “He paused and smiled at the granola bars he held on the counter. “Which would be admittedly hard to get without someone who can actually, you know, have kids. But.” He placed the bars in his pack. “It is a beautiful dream.”

Alexander Brennan

Alex had turned to look at Nate, not expecting him to not only say that Alex hadn't said anything wrong but to step so they were right in front of each other. Alex swallowed as he looked at Nate. He didn't know what to say, he really didn't. He heard Nate say that he wanted it too. The big farm house, land, livestock and even a big family. Alex looked down, he knew it was impossible to have kids considering they couldn't have them. Alex froze when he heard the last piece. 'A beautiful dream' Was this all it was? A dream, a fantasy that they lived in. "Right, a beautiful dream." Alex finally managed to speak. What else could he say? Was there anything else he could say? "We uh we should move on" Alex said softly. It was the only thing he could think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back