Character Theory Story Development Help

CassilaArvani

Cassila Arvani
Until further notice, I’ll be writing Cassila as her younger self to help with my character book development. I can’t do this alone though, or at least it’s not as fun. Here’s a bit of what I’m trying to accomplish to gather more detail on. If you’re interested in helping write some thread that would be rad, of course, I’m not going to force some to play a character.

The time of the Cass’s life is before she fully discovered her dragon’s lineage, teenage rebellious years, if you will. She’s still living under her father, Emil, and sneaking out to fully discover who she is.

I’m just trying to brainstorm here in all honestly, and threads tend to help get the ball rolling.

Thanks!

~Ashe Elizah

Are you saying that Cass is a character in a book you're writing and you want to develop her backstory?

I'm not sure if you're asking for someone to roleplay the backstory out with you or just asking for general advice.

I would suggest you use writing prompts rather than doing it through roleplay. Essentially you aren't interested in making a story with another persons character but asking them to fill in the blanks of your own work. This is undesirable for seveal reasons: First - not many people are going to want an unequal relationship like that, second - if you are using this backstory for a book you have in mind you would need to secure permission from your writing partner to use their work in your book. Thirdly - if you have an end result in mind for your character, roleplaying her back story won't be natural and organic. You will want to keep her true to the end result you have in mind and not develop her naturally.

You can find writing prompts all over Pinterest or tumblr, or post what you have of your character here and ask people for help fleshing out specific parts. People are generally helpful. :)

I'm not sure if you're asking for someone to roleplay the backstory out with you or just asking for general advice.

I would suggest you use writing prompts rather than doing it through roleplay. Essentially you aren't interested in making a story with another persons character but asking them to fill in the blanks of your own work. This is undesirable for seveal reasons: First - not many people are going to want an unequal relationship like that, second - if you are using this backstory for a book you have in mind you would need to secure permission from your writing partner to use their work in your book. Thirdly - if you have an end result in mind for your character, roleplaying her back story won't be natural and organic. You will want to keep her true to the end result you have in mind and not develop her naturally.

You can find writing prompts all over Pinterest or tumblr, or post what you have of your character here and ask people for help fleshing out specific parts. People are generally helpful. :)

I must have not been too clear on my original post. Whoops. I like to write RP threads with other characters and to make who knows what for stories, because the possibilities are endless. If the thread happens to end up with some elements I think might be helpful to my story, then I'll use those ideas. I hope this helps clear things us.

I must have not been too clear on my original post. Whoops. I like to write RP threads with other characters and to make who knows what for stories, because the possibilities are endless. If the thread happens to end up with some elements I think might be helpful to my story, then I'll use those ideas. I hope this helps clear things us.

All my points apply to that. I don't think it's a particularly good idea for what you want to achieve.

I can’t do this alone though, or at least it’s not as fun.

Certainly not with this mindset and attitude. And why would you ask someone to do something for you which isn't fun? Creating characters can be a lot of fun. I think what you might be struggling with is just how to start. Consider the setting that this character is in. How does that setting affect them? What are their beliefs? For example, this character appears female. How doe people in the setting where she is from treat women and how does that affect her and what does she think of it?

I think a good plot arc would be while she was sneaking out to discover herself -- a member of an order that is an enemy to dragons discovers her for what she is and, for at least a time, earns her trust showing her some of the lesser secrets of her power. This can build up to a big betrayal -- perhaps the misleading "ally" is part of a cult or organization that slays dragons... and is just trying to get her awoken enough to enable/justify betraying and killing her. For a double treat, the agent could fall in love with or truly befriend the protagonist and help shield her from the rest of the organization.

Share Ideas and I'll bounce back with stuff. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back