• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
=) Three other kindly-meant thoughts here:

1. Somehow, I have not been getting alerts for this page until tonight? Huh!

2. If a different perspective on building a sniper is welcome, a Spore Discharger fires "a stream of metal-eating spores in a liquid medium," not a single projectile (Core, page 104). Sniper uses single-shot fire only. I don't understand where Sniper and Spore Dischargers meet?

Of course, this is Sherwood's game - if he happens to rule that Sniper works with a Spore Discharger (like the one Chaska's got on Wyldkat), who am I to say otherwise? =)

3. This one's for Sherwood Sherwood .
This gives you a few options. You can either 1, go to ground, sit tight and hope they leave, 2, continue on your path and hope that you are not spotted, 3, engage the numerically superior force of fighters and hope you win, 4, go around them, or 5, take to the underground tunnel network that crisscross the area, get past the fliers, then go back above ground to continue on your way.
Hey Bud! I'd like some more details about the scenario, please. I want to know what you want Chaska to know a good deal about this situation before Chaska opens his mouth. You had my immediate attention when you said "jet fighters" and "missiles." Now I'm concerned and I think rightly so. And so I'd like to know more. =)

A. From his Splicer training, what does Chaska know about the Machine's "jet fighters?" (When I think of modern day jet fighters, I'm thinking F-35 Raptors and the like. If I - not Chaska - I see "at least a dozen if not more" F-35 Raptors belonging to the enemy, my path is clear. Leave before we're spotted.

B. Does he have any personal experience with them? Given that Chaska mostly lived above ground until he met the Splicers and Kraken, has he ever seen any of the Machine's jet fighters before? How did they act?

C. You also mentioned missiles? You know I'm used to Robotech (because, hell, you're the very guy that did the introducing, God bless ya!). Are we talking mini-missiles? Short-range? Medium? Fired singly or in salvos? (I don't think our armament can reach out to missile-range.)

D. Do we have any way of contacting the Kraken to advise them of the Machine presence here without compromising the Kraken or us? (I think jet fighters could potentially pose a threat to the Kraken.)

If by "jet fighters" you somehow mean "bitty remote drones packing two mini-missiles each that can't contact the rest of the Machine," that's definitely another story. But if they can contact the Machine, one call might lead to the eventual end of our mission as they come after us. =)

Last edited:
Hey Bud! I'd like some more details about the scenario, please. I want to know what you want Chaska to know a good deal about this situation before Chaska opens his mouth. You had my immediate attention when you said "jet fighters" and "missiles." Now I'm concerned and I think rightly so. And so I'd like to know more. =)

A. From his Splicer training, what does Chaska know about the Machine's "jet fighters?" (When I think of modern day jet fighters, I'm thinking F-35 Raptors and the like. If I - not Chaska - I see "at least a dozen if not more" F-35 Raptors belonging to the enemy, my path is clear. Leave before we're spotted.

B. Does he have any personal experience with them? Given that Chaska mostly lived above ground until he met the Splicers and Kraken, has he ever seen any of the Machine's jet fighters before? How did they act?

C. You also mentioned missiles? You know I'm used to Robotech (because, hell, you're the very guy that did the introducing, God bless ya!). Are we talking mini-missiles? Short-range? Medium? Fired singly or in salvos? (I don't think our armament can reach out to missile-range.)

D. Do we have any way of contacting the Kraken to advise them of the Machine presence here without compromising the Kraken or us? (I think jet fighters could potentially pose a threat to the Kraken.)

If by "jet fighters" you somehow mean "bitty remote drones packing two mini-missiles each that can't contact the rest of the Machine," that's definitely another story. But if they can contact the Machine, one call might lead to the eventual end of our mission as they come after us. =)
Excellent questions! <rubs hands together as he prepares to answer>

The Machine has several flying robots that it uses in its extermination effort against humanity. From what Chaska can see, these look like the kind of robot fighter dubbed a Sky Fighter. They are bad news, with over 400 MDC on its main body, a top speed of Mach 3, and a possible missile payload of either 4 medium range or 20 mini missiles in addition to high powered lasers and rail guns.

Chaska has not dealt with them before, since the Sky Fighters are usually called out for larger threats than a single man. You know about them from your military training. The Sky Fighter usually works in conjunction with ground troops, and it is said that the first time that you know a Sky Fighter is there is when it is screaming down on you out of a clear sky, guns blazing and missiles flying down.

Your Bio-Comms have an effective range of only 6 miles, so there is no way for you to be able to contact the Kraken, especially since that after its initial deployment of the squad and spending a few minutes bombarding another part of the coastline to distract the Machine, it was going to go back out to sea until it is time to start firing its Kamikaze drones against the factory complex you are on the way to blow up, then to come in close to land in a few days to pick you up once more.

Does that help by answering your questions?

Class: Aerial Attack Robot.
MoDo Co by Location:
* Tail Fins (2) - 65 each
Wings (2) - 210 each
Main Jets (2; rear) - 180 each
VTOL Jets (5; underbelly) - 40 each
* Directional Jets (10; scattered) - 5 each
* High-Powered Nose Laser (1) - 50
* Rail Guns (2; upper body) - 50 each
* Wing Missile Launchers (2) - 40 each
*Spotlights (2; one on top & one in the belly) - 10 each
** Sensor Nose - 100
* * * Main Body - 440

440 Main body MDC we can't fight more than maybe 2 or 3.

At the very least, we need to get down into cover to avoid being detected by the aircraft. We have plenty of time before the Kraken starts to launch its Kamikaze Worms; we can afford to lie low for a bit and see what happens. Worse comes to worse, we can always go underground and ditch them completely that way.

Thanks Mirgris Mirgris and Sherwood Sherwood for the suggestions and answers to my questions.

I am progressing slowly with the character, they are coming around though. I get intense analysis-paralysis with things that give a lot of different options, such as building Host Armor or selecting skills, so things like this take me a long time to build as I work out the best options for my vision of the armor and understand the rules for it.

I do have my characters skills selected, they will be highly skilled with only a few physical skills and Jeet Kun Do. They will be taking the Field Medic, Basic Military, Support Man, Espionage, and Guerilla Warfare Skill Programs. The only way for a roughneck of a non-evil alignment to get Sniper is through the Espionage Program. They will probably be taking more physical skills as they go up in level.

I did see that for the two W.P. Bio Weapons skills that if the weapon is built into the Host Armor, they get to use their PP bonus...which makes sniping a hell of a lot easier.

Awesome deal. I have some plans on how to get you in the game once you are ready.

On a completely unrelated note, I have a good shot at getting out of the hospital on Friday. I have a procedure scheduled at 3 that is going to insert a valve into my lung to bypass the damaged area and let the air bubble in my plural sack slowly deflate without causing my lung to collapse. With luck, I'll be out and free at last! After being in this place for the past 41 days, I am sooooo ready to go home.

Thank you. I am very hopeful that everything will go well today.

I'll do more than that, Bud! Sherwood Sherwood

Art Lol GIF by Michelle Porucznik

Cat Working GIF

Cat Facepalm GIF

=)

Last edited:
Ok, I'm back from getting my lungs roto-rootered and I am doing fine. Thanks for the positive vibes, everyone!

Purr Purr , at the moment, neither Lance nor Toni are aware of the circling jets ahead of you. Chaska is the only one that has made his initial Perception roll.

Purr Purr , at the moment, neither Lance nor Toni are aware of the circling jets ahead of you. Chaska is the only one that has made his initial Perception roll.
I have been aware of that since your last in-character post.

I am fighting a headache that is threatening to turn into a migraine. I apologize for the wait for you and Psychie and Mirgris - I will post when able.

Mew! =)

I have been aware of that since your last in-character post.

I am fighting a headache that is threatening to turn into a migraine. I apologize for the wait for you and Psychie and Mirgris - I will post when able.

Mew! =)
Sorry! I know that sometimes RpNation doesn't send out alerts, so I wanted to make sure you were aware. Feel better soon!

Sorry! I know that sometimes RpNation doesn't send out alerts, so I wanted to make sure you were aware. Feel better soon!
It's all right! You had no way of knowing. I'll feel better when I feel better (it's tough to type right though).

I'll... put something into IC for everyone else so at least you guys can have fun! =)

As I said before, Real Life comes first. Take the time you need to feel better. We can wait.

Feel better, you silly kitty man!
Ha ha ha! Thanks, Princess of Muppets! =)

Oh, wow. The difference a 10-hour "nap" makes. I'm not quite myself yet. I'll try to have a post up soon (I want one in Psychie's Rifts game too - that game has been silent for too long like my own games).

Mrrh! Time to wake up! Have a good day, everybody! Rawr! =)

Hey Sherwood Sherwood I've been having second thoughts about my Host Armor's Bio-Energy Expulsion Vent. Since we haven't had any combat yet, would you have any objection to me swapping it out for a pair of Casting Throwers? It comes out to the same Bio-E cost.

If you are sure you want to, go ahead and feel free to do so.

My head is feeling a lot better than it was. I can post again! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back