• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Skaagenrackner - The "Old Stone"

Purr

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Skaagenrackner was my first attempt in Sharseya at making a truly-"neutral" protector of all things green. I wanted a crotchety old man, one who was wise, but one who was quick to get you "off his lawn" in short order if need be.

Skaagenrackner is very, very old (even by elven standards) and he remembers much when he stops to recall it all. Mielikki's wounding wounded him also. It enraged him - a pain he carries even now. He wishes payback on Mielikki's enemies three-fold or more, yet he is not the vengeful type, so these emotions are something new to him.

He doesn't quite know how to be vengeful, and part of himself doesn't really want to learn. Skaagenrackner just wants creatures to respect each other. It doesn't matter where they are from, whether they are wild or civilized, old or young, evil or good - he wants them to be decent to each other, and when that fails, to keep their battles out of the natural land.

"Go build an arena and do your bleeding and burning there," he might say.

"Old Stone" is 32 feet in height, weighs several tons, moves slowly and thoughtfully. As big as he is, he is graceful and quiet when he wants to be. Instead of leaving craters everywhere he walks, he leaves life. Plants, grass, flowers, even food. He doesn't seek to understand the world outside nature - the world of nature is big-enough. And it's big-enough for all to share...

In my mind, his face isn't so gruesome or scary, but hey, maybe he's just in a bad mood for this shot? As for his name, it has no meaning that I am aware of - I just liked the sound of it. =)
10a864965440c048caaa4ca59ac17b19.png
(Image credit: Pinterest)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back