Other Random question of the day

Random question of the day:

What does tabletop roleplay have that makes it currently so popular compared to forum based roleplay?
The mode of online forums is dying out, lol. Folks will generally have the means to get together with people in real life, but from what I've seen, there's only a very small percentage of people who even know what a bulletin board forum is, much less how to use it.

Edit: Other than the obvious Reddit and such. But as it stands, social media stays in the spotlight, and not a lot of people hear about other more specialized online forums.

Random question of the day:

What does tabletop roleplay have that makes it currently so popular compared to forum based roleplay?

I think one of the most difficult challenges with written RP is that writing is hard. I love writing, but it's also challenging and sometimes the muse is hard to hang on to. When you're playing a tabletop game it has its own challenges, but it also occurs in the moment so you don't have to spend too much time overthinking. It's a lot more relaxed and easygoing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back