• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] - To Stand Against the Crimson Tide

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Pretty much. Dex + Archery + any Specialty + Stunt Bonus + Excellency (if you use it) = Dice Rolled

Sorry for being silent, life is happening. Will try to get back into it.
It's totally fine. It was a good time to be busy. The site was down, and we're currently waiting on Equusheart Equusheart to finish up their turn. Then we'll probably wrap up combat and move on. You dramatically outnumber your enemies at this point, so the drama and tension is gone and they would be wise to get out of dodge.

It's totally fine. It was a good time to be busy. The site was down, and we're currently waiting on Equusheart Equusheart to finish up their turn. Then we'll probably wrap up combat and move on. You dramatically outnumber your enemies at this point, so the drama and tension is gone and they would be wise to get out of dodge.

I'll say that some of them would never get out of dodge, and even those who do, will never forget watching friends having their flesh melt away... such fun memories to cherish for life...

Am I getting this right?
You are! You correctly did not include your accuracy bonus because it's a decisive attack. Now you check to see if you scored as many or more successes as your target has Evasion/Parry. If you did, you roll (your initiative) dice, and count the successes (10s do not count double for this roll - we didn't write the rules, we just follow them). That's how much damage you do.

You correctly did not include your accuracy bonus because it's a decisive attack.
I honestly forgot to ask about that part so thank goodness I randomly got it right lol.

Okay so that's 7 successes (?). And the target had 5 Evasion and 3 Parry. So I failed?

Nope! You don't add your Parry and Evasion together. Its one or the other, so you hit.

Also, sorry if my replies are slow. I accidentally blocked notifications from rpnation and I can't figure out how to unblock it.

I honestly forgot to ask about that part so thank goodness I randomly got it right lol.

Okay so that's 7 successes (?). And the target had 5 Evasion and 3 Parry. So I failed?
That was dry humour - even experienced players often forget accuracy doesn't show up in decisive attacks. Correctly forgetting is just as good as remembering 😆.

They only get to apply one defense! Parry OR Evasion, not both. They pick the highest and hope for the best.

Also, sorry if my replies are slow. I accidentally blocked notifications from rpnation and I can't figure out how to unblock it.
I would have to guess that it is in your Settings. If not, send a message to one of the Moderators and ask them.

No, on a Decisive attack, if you successfully hit you roll the same number of dice as your current Initiative score.

This is the reason everyone starts out doing Withering attacks; to raise their Initiative rating to be able to perform a really good Decisive attack and hopefully drop your opponent in one or two good hits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back