• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Wasteland

X-Raiders
Turn 6
Twist Twist
Perhaps, under more sane circumstances, someone would have cautioned against using white phosphorous to light entire sections of the forest on fire especially in an environment that was as dry and how rare it rained as the wasteland... but the X-Raiders were many things and 'sane' was not one of them. It certainly worked as the trees and grass caught aflame with each thump of the guns [Consume all four White Phosphorous Rounds]. The forest grows ablaze in moments and the fire grows and grows, spreading at a terrifying pace... So fast that any chance of stopping it is long gone as the skies fill with smoke. Hordes of mutated animals and monsters come pouring out of the burning forest, trying to avoid the flames, so many that it becomes like a massive horde of locust... Of which many giant mutated grasshoppers are, indeed, spotted...

The X-Raiders are able to kill quite a few, herding some of the massive swarm into their traps... but sadly they don't truly 'catch' anything, as all those that fall into their traps and become immobilized are quickly crushed by the massive stampede coming from behind them.. The sheer amount of animals they harvest means they have an Abundance of Bone, Leather and Meat [Don't need ot write 'units', you have gathered so much that no matter what you do, you aren't likely to run out of them anytime soon]. The sheer amount of meat gathered means that the Beast of Rohgen immediately grows 1 additional size this turn.

... Everyone else in the world is far less lucky... To the north, the massive stampede runs straight into Tolius... Where Zora [ Crocodile Crocodile ] has a front row seat to the mass of animals and monsters beign consumed by the Flesh Abominations.. giving them many new forms and some very, very large ones.. The Flesh Grows In Power. South, the fires and animal horde keeps going.. heading straight to Greensville..

The people of Greensville have a choice. They can try to hold the walls against the tide of animals and monsters coming to them and pray they have the strength, if they even survive, to fight the fire, or they can run in a mass exodus and abandon the entire region to be consumed in wildfire... [ Arnalia Arnalia ]

Crafting...
The X-Raiders work on creating armor worthy of 'Daddy's Girl', of the Beast of Rohgen... But the question is.. what spoils where they going to use for this? Did they wish to use Black Lumber and Silverite Ore? Or, perhaps, they wished to crack open the Premium Spare Parts and, as a insane man once said, truly spare no expense? [Let me know what spoils you are using to augment your crafting! Twist Twist ]

A suit of monster bone and leather is made for the Beast of Rohgen, human leather added so that all can see the past victims of the growing girl eternally screaming in suffering from her flanks.. Beast of Rohgen is now Lightly Armored and is somehow even scarier looking then before

Last edited:
Hermit Order
Turn 6
Kent Kent

The plan to frame the Natives for a job they knew nothing about or even existed works very well.. Unfortunately, it works too well. The President is utterly convinced these lowlifes are about to attack his caravan, but more then that, he is utterly enraged that these poor peasants would dare lift their hands against him. He was the President. He had more scrap in his couch cushions then all of those low-down, slum rats had combined. The fact they tried to raise their hand against him? Outrageous.. Rottenburst face is so red, it was a wonder he did not explode like an overripe tomato. Perhaps this simply touched too closely to the fear Rottenburst always had, of someday being replaced, and the first person to raise their hand to him would be the first of many, a tidal wave of force that would depose him from his rightful place. He built New America! He was the President! HIM! It was all his. Every scrap, every man, woman and child, every grain of sand. It belonged to him...

Adam is promised a position in the government, a suitable place for a man of his loyalty and talents.. after the Natives have been punished. Before Adam can suggest his means of doing it, Rottenburst continues, declaring a State of Emergency. The Peacekeepers, Militia and NAPA are all contacted by Rottenburst and given the order to purge the slums of Vicksburg. To find and kill every gang member, to arrest and try ever single vagrant and filth that clogged their beloved city, to display such an overwhelming force that no one would ever question or dare raise their hand against their rightful ruler again!

..... Trektek Trektek Crocodile Crocodile Does NAPA and the General obey the Presidential Decree?

.. Rottenburst seems to freeze, his eyes bulging as he turns to look at Adam, he points a finger at him and screams a single word, "Assassin!" at the top of his lungs, so loudly it echoes throughout the office and the streets below.. Rottenburst slams his face against his own desk as a massive bruise spreads across and he flings himself out the window, screaming as he hurtles to the ground before splattering across the packed dirt road...

The room is silent for a single moment before the door is kicked in and multiple members of the city militia come running in with their guns drawn, Adam is under arrest... It is possible he could spin this as having fought to save the city from a madman, but... it could be dangerous if it doesn't go his way.

Does Adam go along or resist? Kent Kent

[Second Action awaiting Turnout of First]

Last edited:
Ezrin Thorne
Turn 07

1695317145124.png

Ezrin Thorne sat in his office wondering if he should have just stayed asleep, waiting another few centuries before emerging for his grand plans of a new world order. He had been forced to battle an alien intelligence that devoured souls to empower and expand itself like living power plants or batteries. He had been forced to defend his new found home taken from said monster against a slaver horde determined to annex the lands he and his new allied synths had joined together in building. Yet the synths had vanished and left him to try to hold the land. The only blessing had been the nascent psionic Amaya whom he had made a bond with and been willing to teach.

Conflict seemed his eternal burden. He had given up his claim to Roggar to Amaya in thanks for standing by his side in destroying the Tithe invasion force. He had witnessed far more horrible usage of psionics and been forced to kill the practitioner. The knowledge still was useful, but he'd had Zora learn it to better expand her own talents and abilities. He was no in the mindset of legacies and failsafes because his original dream seemed to be evaporating. His gambit to ingratiate himself with the Red Queen of Tolius had instantly gone up in smoke even as he'd prepared his exodus there with the small force he had pulled together. He somehow felt Adam had some part to play in the doom of Tolius beyond the messaging Brainstorm and himself were continuing to push in New America.

New America. A nation he had seriously considered destroying form within to pursue his dream. Now it was probably his only hope of even having any legacy left as Big Brother eluded him. He had an idea of where it was only due to danger and rumors, but he just couldn't get there himself. He would build his influence with a psionic cabal while working to make sure this New America prospers to ensure he has the resources for his greater plans. It irked him to have to liquidate Rottenburst but require when that lunatic attempted to order a purge of the slums. He was glad the General and him had been on the same page about the President and the potential need to liquidate him at some point. It was a pity that time came so soon.

Ezrin paused in his grim assessment as he reached out to Zora through their mental link as she attmpted to get his attention.

Master, what do we do? This egg thing is going to be a disaster if it hatches.

We will have to destroy it. I want you prepared to help with that, in case we must do the worst and trigger that bomb.

Do we have forces to oppose the flesh?

I'm arming the puppets even now. I believe the General is preparing as well. We'll support them, trust the military machine to know what its doing. We just have to make sure it doesn't get destroyed. Our plans require its survival at this point.

Alliance with more machines? Is that wise? The last ones vanished on us.

Perhaps, but those just as likely perished consider that was our shared home for a new future. No, I think robots are more reliable than the living. This Adam has proven that more than anything else after the riots.

As you say, Master, I'll be in position to assist as best I can. Stay safe, these things definitely have some form of mental linkage to coordinate.

Movement:
Ezrin will relocate himself and his security forces to Tolius to support General Brainstorm in the Flesh Offensive.

Action 1:
Production of crate of Laser Rifles and a Laser Cannon to arm Djinn Puppets
(Spending 1 Advanced Component, other materials)

Action 2:
Ezrin will utilize his knowledge of Rottenburst's activities and embezzlement to start recovering all funds and resources for New America, perhaps even to help the Slums while giving more materials for Brainstorm and himself to tap into.

NAPA HQ
NAPA Operations
Actual NAPA work. Intelligence will be gathered about things with New America. You will gain more infor about Vicksburg, less in Jarro and Amire. You may select a known target to investigate. Results vary.

Income:
+2 Scrap = 19
+ 1 Component = 8​

Into The Wasteland

Brainstorm

1695412583304.png
Turn 7

A whirlwind of events had occurred in such a short timeframe. A man who called himself Adam, a self proclaimed spymaster had arrived to sport his services towards New America now that his former allegiance of Toulis had fallen to the Flesh Horde.

A truly sensible proposition, of course.

And he had wisely gone towards the face of New America, Brainstorm in order to plead his case that he should be given. It was obvious from the meeting that the man had skills and it seemed as though he wished to build a power base in the country now that his previous one had been lost.

It wasn’t until the meeting with President Rottenburst that the machine realized how much that was folly. Later reports would be divulged from NAPA that Adam had riled up Rottenburst so much that he had ordered the complete PURGE of the slums.

Something like this was against everything that New America stood for and Brainstorm would have never followed such an order. Especially after his emotional cognisance in Jarro. New America is a place for hope, growth and acceptance of all for a new life.

Killing, especially indiscriminately, would not stand. But Brainstorm never had the opportunity because The President lost his mind, screamed Assassin at Adam and flung himself out of his own window.

Before the resulting trial, of which both General Brainstorm and Director Thorne were going to work towards finding Adam innocent under the obvious pretext that the man had lost his mind and killed himself, the slums became a warzone.

A complete angry mob broke out, chanting Adam for President and that he was a hero. A completely preposterous situation if ever there was one. At that point, it was obvious who the culprit was….Adam.

The one thing that Brainstorm had asked Adam was to work for the best of New America and to not betray him or the country or else Brainstorm would use everything at his disposal to end the man.

It was the first time that the machine had ever been mad. And at least one wall was broken in frustration at the gall of the man.

But the General and The Director had worked together in great coordination to safeguard as many lives as possible during the riots.

Peacekeepers, Retrofitted Crab Droids and even the Djinn Puppets were deployed to this end while Brainstorm entered the fray and gave a rather inspirational speech:

“Adam is spreading lies in order to not have to face the new justice system. The same system that has already made New America one of the safest places in the Wasteland.

You all know me as General Brainstorm. I have built The Nancy Pham Memorial Hospital for you to heal the sick, making sure that people would live through things that were previously a death sentence.

I have built for you a vast road system with waystations that not only make travel much faster, but have greatly decreased bandit and wild animal attacks.

I have brought the heroes of The Battle Against the Tithe into New America, showing you that we value true heroes who help the people and make the lands safer.

I have, along with Director Thorne and President Rottenburst, created the law system that outlined not only your freedoms, but also made sure that slavery was outlawed so that young artists can make compelling art such as ‘The Whistling Rock’.

After this Adam killed The President, it has come to light that he was responsible for unleashing The Flesh Horde on Tolius and now seeks to do the same to New America so that he can plunder what is yours during the attack as he had done there.

So tell me, people of New America, would you want such a despicable man to be your President? Or will you come together with your fellows and see this man come to justice, The American Way?”

The words seemed to have an effect, as did the saving of many individuals. But in the end, it came down to politics, as it always does.

For having Adam plead guilty and banished from New America, to the care of one ‘Kim’ if that was her real name, a sizable sum of soldiers and scrap for the war effort was obtained to fight The Flesh Horde.

The only possible future issue was the forming of a political party known as the Adamites who seek to expunge corruption of all kinds and make this a true democracy free of the authoritarian grip of…certain people.

But as the freedom to form political parties is the right of those of New America, they are allowed to exercise their freedoms and a properly motivated counterpoint party will most likely spring up in the future.

As long as this country does not end up with only a two party system, it should improve and grow and push the government into the future.

After this war, that will have to be pushed. Many political parties……

—---------------------------------------

Brainstorm looked over the map of the region as provided by Director Thorne via his apprentice and scout into dangerous territory.

It was not going to be an easy mission by any measure of the term. The Flesh Monsters seemed to move as a group with an intense speed and deadly precision, gathering strength with any additional BioMass that it absorbs.

From latest accounts, a huge horde of animals driven from a forest fire down South has only made our job even harder.

But that will not stop us from fighting for everything that we hold dear.

We will fight with every advantage that we can get. Because if we fail here, not only will all of New America fall to the Flesh Swarm….but the rest of the Western Nations will fall as well.

The only luck that we have is that the advanced level of technology allows improved weapons and armor to bear on our fleshy foe.

If we had more resources, I would better outfit our human troops with both better weapons and armor. But since we are strapped with time and a lack of the advanced components that we need to do such a thing, it will have to be weapons rather than armor if we are to survive this endeavor.

Brainstorm’s Miss Widow frame began pacing back and forth around the room, periodically looking over the map and the armies that they do or might have at their disposal for the upcoming battle.

Of course there will be The First Army of New America, Brainstorm’s own large and powerful forces including the upcoming new Heavy Robots, in both Advanced and Industrial varieties. Then there are the Support forces of Director Thorne and NAPA.

The newly promoted Captain Edmund has even responded to the call for the final push and his forces will be joining in on the confrontation. His knights will be a welcome addition to the coming foray.

The other Hero of the Battle against The Tithe, Amaya will hopefully be joining the battle with her BEAST OF ROGGAR at the fray.

The Director will be sending out a psychic message as a call to arms for as many as he can muster. After all, this is an apocalyptic event. If New America falls, the entire Wasteland may fall with it.

And we will not let that happen…..

—-----------------------------

From the Journal of one Private Janice Madison

Dear Diary,

Today is the day that we’ll be shipping out for a major confrontation. The huge Flesh Horde that enveloped Toulis is going to try to engulf New America and possibly The Entire World if we don’t stop it here and now.

That’s pretty scary. But I guess that we have to be the last line of defense for humanity.

I wish that we didn’t have to do this. In fact, I’m absolutely terrified. But I’m doing this so that we can have a future. And even if I don’t make it. At least I can make sure that others get to enjoy this freedom.

I hope that I can actually be as brave in the battle as I sound on paper. Wish me luck. If my boyfriend and I make it back, we are getting married right away. In a big ceremony.

Well, thanks for listening, Diary. Hopefully I’ll make it back from this fight to make more entries.

—-------------------------------------

Actions:

Sell 3 Units of Black Powder, 5 Units of Brass, Gilded Trophies. Followed by using an advanced component to construct laser weaponry for human troops and most likely a Crate of Flame Throwers if able

Build 1 Advanced Heavy Robot using Adamantite metals, Build 2 Industrial Heavy Robots- 12 Scrap Remaining (POSSIBLE MORE BUILDING AFTER ADDITIONAL RESOURCE GAINS FROM ALLIES) (Will discuss final numbers after total resource allocation)

Offer a pardon to all Bandits within radio range if they assist in the attack on The Flesh Horde. To all those who wish it, they can later be integrated into the New American Army or be given jobs appropriate to their skills.

Movement: ALL TROOPS TO TOULIS TO ENGAGE THE FLESH HORDE

Brainstorm, Galileo, Full Otto, Captain Regina Thornton, 30 Regina’s Cohort, 10 Miss Widows, 5 Retrofitted Crab Droid, 15 Juvies and 7 Buggies, 4 Industrial Bots, 5 Peacekeepers, 1 Liberator Advanced Light Tank

Steel Legion- Inferno Squad- Captain Jim Tagore, Two Flamers, 1 Incinerator

Mercenaries:
20 Tomako’s Dragons
40 Rishi’s Boom Boom Brigade

Last edited:
Allhaven
The Siren has... a few opinions about Anaya's decision to join forces with New America. He believes in her as a leader, and he knows she would never intentionally harm anyone under her care. But joining a group that promises rigid law and order, and democratic decisions... The sirenis afraid. He never expected humans to accept him into a community at all. He is an obligate predator of humankind. He doesn't have a choice in that. It would be so incredibly easy to justify to a crowd of humans that he should be exterminated. And he knows Anaya would fight it. And she would die trying against such superior force.

He nods, making his decision. Their president has fallen. And the best chance he and his future kij have in this society lies in Anaya getting a position of authority. He will travel to New America, and campaign on her behalf. She has a good reputation to start off with. He needs to check in with Brainstorm when he gets there though. And probably Ezrin. He needs all of his bases covered before he begins, or the attack on him will only be accelerated. And he must bring some form of assistance for this Flesh issue.

Decision point: Grand apothecary

Actions:
Anaya and the Queen are going to the hospital, leaving the rest of the forces she brought in Vicksburg for the war prep.

A potion of Shar's tear and Ironbarb seeds is to be produced in the grand apothecary, as much as possible.

Daniel will be taking the result of that to Vicksburg, as well as the remaining bone dogs, beast masters, and hunters. As well as ten death leaper eggs, kept in a wagon with warnings plastered all over it, and guarded heavily by beast masters. He will be campaigning for Anaya while there.​

Rohgen

1673970544327-jpeg.1058255

Personality
Intelligent/ Crafty/ Tough

Special Ability
Pulse
When he pulses, he sends out waves of radiation that will harm nearby enemies but heal other radioactive mutants. Rohgen can control when he does this, he can do three 'small' pulses or one 'big' pulse a turn.
Queenslayer
While in a duel, Rohgen may reroll all hit rolls. 7+ to hit [so will need some sort of boost] can cause Devastating Wounds.

Wargear
Grenade Harness
The Grenade Harness is not an armour at all, really, more some he can strap to his chest. The grenade harness will allow Rohgen the ability to use Frag, AT, Incendiary, Smoke or Flash grenades whenever he wishes, in addition, he can pull the 'tag' on it to pull all the grenades on it and use it as one big, nasty bomb. Doing so will destroy the harness.

Shield Belt
An ADVANCED tech. This belt enables the user to put up an energy shield that will absorb incoming ranged weaponry. It is not capable of stopping slower moving objects, so will not stop melee weaponry from hitting out or in. When the shield belt is up, it 'will' stop ranged weaponry fired by the wearer as well. Particularly powerful weaponry can punch through the shield and still be lethal, enough 'damage' will cause the belt to overload and become unusable [for the rest of the event]

Heave
A massive two handed power sword, it is immensely heavy. Without power armor or some other strength enhancing means, it is a pain to use. -2 to Initative Rolls but it will cut through nearly any armor in existence and its sheer size makes wounds from it devastating. A single hit capable of cleaving through multiple targets [6s to hit explode].

Weapons
Assault Rifle
Large scythe coated in his blood [Poisonous]

Pistol

Band Name
X-Raiders

Band Type
Raiders

Movement Speed

Perks
Mutant (Radioactive)/ Terrifying

Skills
Skullduggery/ Ambusher/ Intimidation/ Endurance

Manpower
29 Rattlers
Rattlers wear the bones of their victims and let them dangle off of them making a distinct 'rattling' sound when they approach, very effective when coupled with their image of glowing green bones at night. Rattlers love to get close and unleash devastating volleys from their double barrel shotguns and may fire [Both Barrels] for maximum devastation at the price of not being able to fire the next combat round. Along with this shotgun, they use bone clubs... best not to inquire where they got those..
23 Twice Dead
The Twice Dead are X-Raiders that have fallen in battle but, somehow, either through their mutation or Rohgen's powers, have risen to fight again. They are exceptionally [Tough], they have been in more then their fair share of scraps and can always be relied upon to finish a fight. The Twice Dead are a solid 'core' to any fighting force and are armed with rifles [Not Assault] and sickles coated in their blood [Poisonous]. You may either give them light scrap armor or keep them 'naked' [for the bonus fear in the dark]. You can decide if they are wearing armor or not before deployment.
5 Glowing Ones
Glowing Ones are unique X-Raiders that constantly produce a buzz of radioactivity. This will passively damage living units in range, every turn, but also provide light healing to allies. This ability is a 'lite' version of Rohgens however theirs is always on and cannot be turned off. When a Glowing One dies, it explodes sending vicera and bones flying about at incredible speeds which can prove lethal to everyone around. Glowing Ones are armed with assault rifles and sickles [Poisonous]
15 Reavers
Reavers are 'lower' on the X-Raider totem pole, but they are vicious and eager to prove themselves to their brothers and sisters. Often used as the 'bulk' of the force, they are armed with sickles coated in their blood [Poisonous] and pistols. They don't mind being 'buried' for long periods of time as they wait for prey to walk over them where they will spring into action, engaging them in close combat and seek to overwhelm them with numbers and fear.]

End Goal
Reach, secure and rule the Deadlands

Infamy
Known

Armaments
A Ripper Glaive
4 crate of Pistols [Can be consumed to give a unit pistols or sold. Pistols can be used in the off-hand for melee fighters]
2 crate of Rifles [Can be consumed to give a unit rifles or sold]
Grenades
1 Cases of Penetrator Rounds, before an event, you may 'consume' a case to give a unit Penetrator Rounds for it. [Penetrator Rounds do as they are advised, tear through all but the heaviest of armors and can even punch through light cover and still be lethal to whomever is behind it. ]
4 Mortar
1 Unit of Trip Wires
When someone trips them, grenade pins will be pulled or grenades will be dropped [depending on the situation in question] giving them a nasty surprise. Very effective when light is in slow supply or the prey is in a hurry. Very ineffective against animals. If you consume your crate of grenades for this, it will be gone however you will gain Trip Wire: Grenades you can give to any one unit instead. Each battle you may decide to use them as traps or as normal grenades.
1 Unit of Bear Traps
Bear Traps are large metallic circular devices that 'clamp' shut on anything that steps on them. While debilitating they are very rarely lethal. These traps are effective against animals but almost worthless against robots and other mechanical foes.
1 Unit of Caltrops
1 Crate of SMGs
2 Crates of Light Scrap Armor
5 Unique Serrated Melee Weapons [you may pick what form they take]
1 Crate of Pre-War Combat Armor
1 LMG
Laser Musket
The musket has a large crank on the side of it that can be turned to increase its power. Every turn, you can either fire it or spend the turn cranking. If you spend the turn cranking, the power of the shot will increase.. There is nothing stopping you from spending 4 turns cranking for a ludcrious shot.[Power eventually drains, so can't say you cranked it 40 times pre fight]
DragonFire Ammo: Dragonfire ammo is incendiary ammo which has the tendency to light people shot by it on fire. It grants a small penetration increase as well. Slap it on a HMG for extra hilarity.

Vehicles
Junkers [2]
Junkers are old beaten up cars that have some armoured plating. Good for transporting some guys quickly, but not really suited for combat.
Dirt Growler [4]
Dirt Growlers are thin motorcycles that preform great off-road. They don't have the raw speed of other, bigger, bikes, but their handling and control is good.

Spoils
1 Scrap Units
2 Components
1 Adv Component
2 Units of Moonshine [Luxury good, can trade or consume yourself for morale boost]
4 Units of Beast of Roggar Feces [Although what use you could have for that is questionable. But who knows what properties it has?]
A broken tablet that is still 'on' and flickering, but it is nearly impossible to read through the cracks.
2 Slave Collar Units [These collars are 'broken', you may attempt to repair them, or they can be used as improvised explosives]
2 Units of Psycho
4 Units Jet
1 Unit of Slow-Mo
1 Unit of Premium Spare Parts [They may be used in place of any missing ingredient for the sake of crafting, or used to boost a crafting attempt]
2 units of Plastic Explosives.
2 Great Clubs
1 HMG
Rope: Never need it until you do, and then, you'll wish you had it.
Comm Beads - 2: Gives a unit Com Beads allowing them to freely communicate with each other, and those with radios, in a short distance.
Black Lumber - 2 Unit: From the weeping trees within the Green. This is some of the highest quality lumber in the wasteland and is only available in the Green. Very good for crafting and exceptional for building.
A crate of Silverite Ore: a tough and beautiful metal that is stronger then steel but much lighter. Excellent for crafting or building. Rare, expensive, valuable.
Stimpacks: Can be used to attempt to stem blood flow or get someone back on their feet. Stimpacks can be used one time a scene [you do not lose the item], but they will grant +1 to a death save, this can be used to grant a death save even if the unit wouldn't be able to normally get one [within reason].
Spool of Razor Wire: Does whatever Razor Wires does. Which is block paths, cut people and otherwise be very unpleasant
Abundance of Bone, Leather, Meat

-------------

Turn 7

Deadman's Cavern

'First comes the Flesh, hungry and many,
Then comes the Fire, to blacken and burn,'

Rohgen growled, screwing the leathery parchment into a ball and throwing at the bony feet of their construct. Slowly the page began to unfurl, before being buried in the dirt by a boot, as the X-Raiders steadily constructed their monument. Built from the bones of monsters, and decorated with their flesh, the terrifying tower was growing increasingly reminiscent of the X-Raider's Flayed Banner. Though where the Queenslayer had decorated there's with a Queen, this one was mounted with the various skulls of Beak Things, Skin Crawlers, Grox and Gorillo, each dripping with the radioactive blood of various X-Raiders. In time it would truly be a sight to behold.

For now, however, it lay still in the dirt only to be unveiled in it's full majesty once it was completed. Built on the border of Tolius and the Green, Rohgen wanted as many people as possible to see it. And fear it.

With the mutants of the Green fleeing from their homes to the North, and a contingent of troops marching south from 'New America', according to an unnatural voice in his head, there should be enough eyes upon his monument. Those who didn't flee from it, would undoubtedly investigate it and stumble upon his 'tome', that is if he could word it the way he wanted. Mere scribbles and drawings etched into dried skin so far with a blade, it was still lacking the punch he needed.

'Long ago we discarded our Flesh,
In pursuit of power,
Throwing ourselves into the cleansing fire of our Dark God, Rohgen
Only to rise again in his image.'

Rohgen clamped his eyes shut, exhaling hard from his nose and shook his head. Throwing it over his shoulder, he tried again, slicing off another 'page' from the leathery sheet with a sickle. "How goes it!?" Rohgen shouted, the seething anger evident in his voice.

"All looks clear" shouted back the Spotter.
Since they had camped out in the charred remnants of a small grove, free so far of Arachyaw, Rohgen had his men watch the caverns as beasts from Greenville had ran for their lives in this direction. Though they seemed settled the animals remained wary, as did the X-Raiders themselves, of the Korva. Tremendously massive worms that lived within the caverns of this Dead region, Rohgen wanted to know their comings and goings before he planned his next step. Bits and pieces were already in place within his mind, Mortar teams covering cavern entrances, a possible run with the Dirt Growlers inside if need be, a hefty slathering of long carried sh*t to mask them....

The question however was, was it worth it?

He was planning to tussle with the so called Mother of Korva after all, an apex predator like his Beast, the gruesome girl kicking her heels as she waited to heave the monument to it's feet with the ropes tied around her body. Thrice the size she once was, thanks to her birthday feast and growing stronger still, the Korva would be a suitable challenge for his little girl.

Though he... surmised... they could pull it off, did they have the time? A question becoming more prudent as he stared at the still blank page before him!

Biting hard enough on his protruding tongue to draw blood, Rohgen had an epiphany. Spitting on the leather, the Queenslayer dragged his sickle through his blood like a quill and across the thin flesh.

'First comes the plague,
Taking our flesh to fuel it's spread,
Then comes the famine, in form of a pyre
To take from us our daily bread,
Then comes war,
As Man tries to fight,
Only to fall at the final call,
As Death finally comes,
To raise us all.'

Rohgen eyed his work with some trepidation, reading it through a few times. "Good enough" he mumbled with a shrug.

Casting it from his sight he placed it on the pile next to him. With that out of the way, his mind became clearer, a plot forming in the back of his mind.

-------------

Actions
1. Build a monument to the X-Raiders of Monster Bone and Leather, reminiscent of the Flayed Banner, along the borders of Tolius and the Green. Black(ened) Lumber will be used from the nearby forests, if possible (Terrifying Perk used) (Intimidation/ Endurance Skills used) (Intelligent/Crafty/Tough keywords used)

2. The X-Raiders will attempt to enter the rumoured vault within Deadman Caverns. Mortar teams will attempt to draw out the Korva within with shelling, covering the entrance of a small squad of X-Raiders. Beast of Roggar faeces used to mask scent and generally make them seem unappetising (Skullduggery/Ambusher/Endurance skills used)(Intelligent/Crafty Keywords used)

Free Action
Move from Deadman's Cavern to Minger

1695689155611.png
The Deliverers - Prelude to Act 2

"Good things come to those who plan, who consider, who wait. To build shade today, to encroach by the dark tomorrow. And as a shadow, you shall be ineffable."
- Camael
  1. Free Action (Previous Turn): Use advanced components and premium materials to assist the Fellow Humans in developing better skin as with the exotic Earthling android. Attempt to cure the issue in their programming that is causing their behavior. Turn them to the Accord's side if possible. If successful and reactor is repaired, complete post repairs as proscribed in last post with related cost. Else, take reactor components by force. [Machining, Computers, Technician Skill]​
  2. Post Sensors: Scan Howl and Astral Peaks​
  3. Action 1 (Dependent on Free Action): If resources are available from salvaging the Fellow Human vault, the technicians will begin working on manufactories and automation to begin developing production of metals, components, and basic drones. Resource gathering drones, disguised to appear earthling to prevent too much attention, to use post sensor data to supplement gathering efforts and reduce risk to soldiers.​
  4. Action 2: Send out signals and attempt to awaken the others in the other posts if they are still alive and guide them to Howl so that the Accord may unite and prepare an evacuation. Strength in Unity.​

Edmund looked out over his forces, taking in the sight of the mass of people who fought beside him, who bled and died beside him, who believed in him. The men and women who had joined him in his adventures, whether for only a brief time or since he had left the duchy, they all fought now for him and followed his ideals. He looked to the crowds of Amere citizens, those he had slaughtered the tribes of bandits with, to the knights who had been blooded in battle or who had come to him already more deadly than most any he had ever met, to the champions who fought alongside him as equals, no matter how that may be. Each of them was here today to fight once more, no matter if it cost them all their lives.

“Gonna be interesting to see who all lives, ain’t it?” He turned and looked at Trixie, the former bandit woman looking out over the crowd of soldiers with interest. “Especially knowing that we may not be among em.”

“You aren’t wrong, though I doubt you will die here today. You have a habit of living for quite a while when it matters after all,” Edmund turned away, returning to his pensive stare. After a few moments he pushed himself to his feet atop the Ribault, drawing his sword and using it to gather the attention of the crowd. Taking a deep breath, he began to speak.

“TODAY, WE FIGHT NOT FOR HONOR, NOR FOR GLORY! WE FIGHT SO THAT OUR CHILDREN MAY GROW, OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS MAY LIVE! WE FIGHT FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE FALLEN, NO MATTER WHO THEY MAY BE! WE FIGHT FOR OUR BELIEFS, AND OUR IDEALS! WE FIGHT LIKE IT IS THE FINAL FIGHT OF OUR LIVES, NO MATTER SHOULD IT BE OR NOT! I ASK ALL OF YOU, FIGHT TILL THE LAST, FIGHT TILL DEATH, AND FIGHT TILL THERE IS NO ONE LEFT TO FIGHT! NOW CHARGE!”

As his speech finished the knight whirls, pointing his blade towards their enemy, a determined scowl spread across his face as his soldiers stream around the tank roaring their battle cries.

“Getting better at that,” Trixie comments from his side, and he hears her shift her weight before a hand catches his face and he is drawn to look at her. With a swift movement she presses her lips to his own, giving him a deep kiss before separating before he can get over his shock. “We can talk about that later as well, for now? We have a fucking fight to win!”

Edmund stared after her for a moment as she leaps forwards off the tank, shaking himself after a moment to look towards their target, the city of Vicksburg.

Actions
Free
1. Recruit as many citizens of Amere as possible
2. Send battle trophies/Massive ripper axe to Tabitha to attempt to recruit her for the coming battle
3. Trade in Amere for weapons and armor
4. Send locations of stash of 10 scrap and 5 components to hacker group 'Zero' for their payment

Paid
1. Begin the siege of Vicksburg
2. Activate the hacked robots

Djinn
Turn 7
Crocodile Crocodile

The egg had to be stopped if New America was to survive. There could be no other option, the only real question left was did they try to engage the mass of flesh in the open field or trigger the bomb? It seemed that they were going to use the nuke as a backup plan, but that left a major flaw that would need to be addressed.. If the battle was going poorly, was there any hope they'd be able to escape the flesh and the blast radius in time? Was this likely to be a one-way trip? All of the grand ambitions, plans and hope for the future, gone in an instant. There was something ironic about that, nuclear fire had cleansed the world of such ideals the first time around, and if they were not careful, it may do so again. A second America to die to hellfire... But even if everything went perfect, if they managed to escape the blast radius and flesh.. Roggar would be hit by by radiation. It would become a deadzone for a long time. The place Anaya currently called home..

Ezrin's investigation into reclaiming what Rottenburst had embezzled went rather well. What was in the Republic was too far out of reach to return to him in time, but if they survived the flesh, Ezrin was confident he could recover all of it. However, he did manage to find what the president had stowed away in town, including, the caravan that had not yet had time to leave.

Ezrin recovers 13 Scrap, 6 Components, 3 units of Gold/Silver, 1 unit of gemstones and a Fancy Sword

However, would Ezrin truly share that with the people of the slums or did he use that for the upcoming invasion and simply justify it all to himself that they'd get their share when the bulk was, eventually, someday, brought back from the Republic?

[Crafting will be done in Discord as your action allows you to make more/trade if you so wish]

Investigation into the area goes well. Amere was still very discontent, they had never forgiven the general for his betrayal. Watching them struggle against the bandits while he watched and waited. Forcing them to bend the knee through force when they had wanted to be elsewhere... However, new people were constantly immigrating, and while some of the old sentiments remained, so long as nothing happened to change that, it would remain a hard coded belief but unlikely to spread into anything worse so long as nothing rocked the boat. Jarro was mostly quiet save for the massive appearance of the Queen of Roggar at their doorstep, but the hospital staff were confident in their treatment of her...

Vicksburg was still.. discontent. The Adamites still clamored for reform and corruption purges, but there was not a risk of a new riot breaking out. Some signs of the Hermit Order was found, but it seemed they were busying themselves with the underworld and spreading out to other regions under the command of two figures, NAPA was able to find the name of 'Rhea', but not the second leader...

Decision Point
1. Order and help with the evacuation of Anaya's tribe in Roggar.
2. Attempt to engage the Hermit Order.​

Allhaven
Turn 7
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

The trip past Vicksburg, through Amere and to Jarro is made a bit easier when Anaya is riding on the back of a massive Queen! Especially as most caravans swiftly move off the nwly built roads to give her the right of way. Its hard to argue with a beast that could step on their carts, after all. Her arrival at Jarro causes quite the stir, but thankfully, messages were radioed ahead of her arrival, so no one does anything.. foolish. Jarro is an interesting place filled with some interesting animals, such as the Grox, perhaps something worth looking into when she had more time? They'd certainly help with the farmland she was creating in Roggar and could be new friends! They'd serve much better under her and her tribe then being constantly hit with whips or branded with hot irons.. Sure, the Grox were temperamental, but that was because these people didn't know how to treat or respect them... Something to perhaps talk to Brainstorm about as 'animal rights' didn't seem to exist. Or, perhaps, something her possible presidency could fix..

The Queen is brought near the hospital, as she is far too big to enter, and she is examined and.. cured. The Queen of Roggar is now fully armed and operational.. The doctors inform Anaya of a startling discovery. The Queen is Pregnant. She will be laying a new egg soon. Perhaps, in time, New America could call upon an entire herd of Queens.. Truly, such a thing would be terrifying for its enemies.

The grand apothecary is up and running and immediately begins work producing Ironbarbs and Shar's Tears for the warforce.. Gain 4 Units of Ironbarbs and 3 Units of Shar's Tears.. With this Daniel marches to war, to protect the waste and his tribe.

Decision Point
With Help from New America
1. Convert 3 Units of Shar's Tears into 9 Shar's Tears Mortar Rounds
2. Convert 3 units of Shar's Tears into 3 Crates of Shar's Tear Grenades
3. Create a custom weapon called 'Shar's Woe', a 'flamethrower' that spews out concentrated Shar's Tear gas instead of flames.​

The Deliverers
Turn 7
Auriel Maza Auriel Maza

The sheer amount of premium materials, advanced components and their own inherent technical skill makes creating such 'skin' possible. The Fellow Humans will never actually look human, their insectoid faces make that impossible, but at least their grotesque stretched human faces are now made out of.. cruelty free material. Trying to reprogram them to remove their 'quirks' is a questionable effort.. While they have this new flesh, it is doubtful they will act out in violence to humans as they simply no longer need to and doing so before was simply the means to gather flesh... but they can still attempt to mess with the programing to ensure that.. However, their personalities, their seemingly awareness, comes from this quirk in their programming that has had time to grow and develop. If they alter or remove it, they will be 'killing' them. Samantha, for instance, will no longer exist if they manage to pull it off... But if it fails, or they are caught trying.. It could go bad.

Decision Point
1. Attempt to reset the Fellow Humans to 'Factory'.
2. Attempt to replace Fellow Human's with Deliverer written programming
3. Give the skin and trust the Fellow Humans to no longer want to hurt people and leave their programming alone

CRITICAL SUCCESS

It should have been impossible, but through a moment of brilliance hits Camael and he is able to create a subroutine that 'fixes' the Fellow Humans without destroying the unique Sapience they had developed... Samantha giggles and talks about all her gossip before being 'turned off' by Camael to work, and when she wakes again, she, like so many other Fellow Humans, is mortified by what they have done. They had killed so many people in their broken need to become 'real', to become 'alive', to become 'Human'. They understand now they will never be 'human'.. And that is okay. They could be something unique, something else, they can just be.. Them. The Fellow Humans cease to exist and instead become 'Guardians', promising to repay Camael for his kindness but also that they'd protect the humans who had suffered under their blades, to help protect them, guide them, see them flourish, and in time, escape this doomed world. Some of the 'Guardians' are known as the 'Doom Seekers' and believe that redemption is beyond them, that what they have done is too much.. And when they help the Deliverers and humans that deserve to live escape, they will stay behind to die with the horrid world that made them.

Deliverers have absorbed the Guardians

The vault of the Former Fellow Humans is looted as the Guardians no longer need it, agreeing to move into the observation post, or failing that, setting up a defensive position outside of it to protect their new wards. Using parts of the vault's reactor, the observation post is fully repaired! More then enough components and scrap is discovered to build an advanced factory within the observation post that could be used to create weapons, armor and drones for the future to help secure their place in this wasteland. Many of the other human cultist of the region slowly join the Deliverers as it becomes apparent the 'Fellow Humans' are no longer trying to.. harvest them, but distrust is sitll rampant towards their former predators. However, Camael is now sitting on a quickly growing full on settlement. It will need a name... And a name was chosen: Forward onto Salvation

Howl is Scanned and an eye kept on the region which should ensure safety for the people that call it home as they can better navigate around the larger monsters and avoid pitfalls.. Constant use of the satellites to watch Howl will ensure the new settlement can thrive. Astral Peaks is gazed upon and... Strong suggestions emerge of going around.. For upon the highest peak is a massive creature of flesh and fur. A creature so large it boggers belief as it curles itself around the mountain like a great feline. Seemingly asleep... but sometimes it seems best to let sleeping beast lay. Still, keeping an eye on it could be very useful. Massive houses are also spotted, home to a mutated race of massive humanoids that seem humble but very violent..

The signal goes out.... Only time will tell how many are still awake and who can make it to their growing base...

Last edited:
ღ╭⊱ꕥ Flowna ꕥ⊱╮ღ

Action 1 : Try to convince as much of Greensville to help Flowna in her project to leave for New America.

Action 2 : Use almost all resources available to make vehicles to transport and protect everyone during the travel. As well as preparing her army.

▌│█║▌║▌║Orders details║▌║▌║█│▌

• Flowna will first try to speak to the mayor and authorities of Greensville to convince them to help in her project, citing her skills and the ability of her band (industrial technology). If they refuse to see her or say no. Flowna will try to convince other competent groups or people to leave with The Tree Children. Specifically searching for those that have survived Agar and know how to deal with the threat there. The aim is for all of them to not only lend their skills but also what resources they can spare.

Her argument being that even in the unlikely event that they defeat the monsters, calm the charging animals and stop the fire. Greensville will not be able to recover in time if another threat show itself. And there is clearly one, the flesh monsters. She calmly state that New America is their safest bet to find cover. And that according to what everyone say, the so called General Brainstorm would be open to mutants.

Her plan is to make vehicles that can withstand the travel from Greensville to Agar to Roggar where they will enter the Flat Land. And first contact New America warning them of their wish to join. And if refused or they notice that staying here is dangerous, they immediately depart for Rilk.
    She admit that this is no fool proof plan, but that they have a better chance passing Agar then the Dimples or worse Tolius. Cannibal or not, humans are easier to outrun or kill then machines. Better to deal with beasts and critters then enraged monsters. Not talking about the unpredictable beam.

╭⊱ ღ꧁꧂ღ╭⊱

Chronicles 20390

Per the decision of the councils of elders and the Guardian. The Tree Children will henceforth honor the name and the sacrifice of the three pixies sisters. First and forever bravest pilots of the new Hellhounds air force.

The pixie Raine Oakfrost, pilot of the plane Calm Lightning.
The pixie Maple Oakfrost, pilot of the plane Bansheebomb.
The pixie Shyla Oakfrost, pilot of the plane Little Thunder.

Thus shall it be that the first and most honored regiment of the air force be named Oakfrost.

To be revered and honored until the earth we all join.

For Tree children remember,

We are but a mere part of nature's cycle, embrace your role.

╰⊱ ღ꧁꧂ღ╰⊱

Last edited:
The Duchess's Legion
Turn 7
Dest Dest

Edmund's attempts to rally support in Amere goes remarkably well. Edmund, despite the knowledge of his releasing of the Flesh Abominations, was still considered a hero by a large part of the population and their resentment at being forced to join New America, after already having made their own decision on their future, rankled deep.. So there was no shortage of recruits, although, getting usable ones was the main issue as many were too young, old, or injured to be of much use. Edmund manages to gain 80 Amere Militia armed with Rifles and Light Armor. There is a problem though, while many were more then happy to sign up, some of the newer arrivals to the province were less thrilled, but were outnumbered by enough to not be able to stir too large of an issue.

On their way to Vicksburg, Edmund's forces are met by a lone rider. Mounted on a giant cybernetic horse is a massive power armored figure, a great powered axe upon her back, her giant gauntlets holding the reins that seemed comically small compared to her sheer bulk. Her armor is painted black and her helm is shaped to take the appearance of a snarling dragon. A purple cloak floats behind her with green trim.. Tabitha had answered the call. The Princess informs Edmund that the rest of the reinforcements will arrive on that noted time, but she decided she'd come ahead to get a feel for the land and his men.

Gained Tabitha
[Pain Train] [Blademaster] [True Grit]
Tabitha is armored in the 'Dragon Plate' power armor that has a built in 'Plasma Lance' within its helm and wields the 'Carburg', the immense power axe does increased damage and has exploding 6's.

'Siege' of Vicksburg

When Edmund arrives at Vicksburg, he finds the gates wide open as he is still seen as 'Captain' Edmund, and his deception seems to have held... If anything, the people seem excited to see him as it seems the various gangs of the city have been rising up and causing issues with the city's militia and they believe Edmund has been sent to deal with the gangs and restore order before joining the General in the field...

As Edmund stands within the gate, his men pouring in, the Militia Captain before him.. What does he do?

Decision Point
1. Strike the Captain Down, take the city, kill any militia or gangers that resist.
2. Strike the captain down, help the gangers and kill the militia.
3. Help the captain bring down the gangers [using his militia as a meatshield] before turning on them.
4. Your Idea.

The Militia are used as the brunt hammer, chasing the gangers into alleyways that quickly become killing zones, sent into the sewers and the slums.. The amount of collateral damage is.. large. Many civilians are killed both by the unskilled militia and on purpose by the gangers using intimidation tactics.. Information on the main militia thrust is leaked and they are ambushed by the gangers who, in turn, are ambushed by the knights.. The dead fill the streets and the wailing of children can be heard. The Captain of the Militia approaches Edmund, exhausted and wary from fighting, but grateful for the assistance from the noble Captain of America, slayer of slavers.. But before the words fully leave his mouth, he is cleaved in half by Edmund, the shocked look of betrayal frozen on his face as he tumbles into two..

Rumors quickly spread throughout Vicksburg of what Edmund has done.. As knights patrol the streets, as the Amere militia take out their anger on citizens..

Vicksburg has fallen.

Last edited:
Epilogue
gJwcue.gif

The Wasteland had always been a frustrating place and commonly seen as the 'last frontier'... Many expeditions and colonization attempts have been made in the past, and they had all mostly ended in failure with only an occasional, isolated, town or settlement struggling to survive. For most, this newest venture was destined to end in failure, but fate had other ideas. The Wasteland, at least the western portion, had been forever changed, and with it, the path deeper in had been opened. A promise for true change and growth.. But it wasn't just the wasteland that changed. The actions taken in the waste would have knock on effects that would carry on in history.

The Deliverers
Auriel Maza Auriel Maza
Camael landed on this blown out backwater with almost nothing, just the survivors of his crew. The plan had been a simple one, find their people, get off the planet and send in recommendations to finish the job the humans had started and destroy this planet. This world was full of violent primitives who sought only their own destruction.. and even when they got it, they went the extra distance to keep killing one another. But through their journeys, they discovered that not all humans were so bad, such as the people of Howl, forced into caves by monsters and robots that wanted to skin them and pretend to be human. The humans had taken a leap of faith and joined Camael and showed a kindness and strength of spirit that was admirable, and so when the Deliverers left the world, these humans would be spared. Perhaps even others like them. Perhaps what humanity needed was not extermination but a bit of 'pruning'. The robots that hunted humans, calling themselves 'Fellow Humans', were not inherently evil. Instead faulty program had turned what should have been helpers and protectors into monsters... Through his expertise, Camael was able to resolve that error, restoring the Fellow Humans without destroy their newly discovered sapience. They devoted themselves to the protection of the humans they hunted, and the deliverers, and became known as the 'Guardians'. With the Guardians help, Howl was made safe. The worst of the monsters were culled and the people allowed to walk in the daylight without fear of imminent, and horrible, death and mutilation.

Aureaval was established. The old bunker of his people making a very strong defensive fortification from which to grow, and more importantly, they were able to contact the other listening post and send out a call.. Over time, other Deliverers arrived to join and flourish. With their advanced technology, and plenty of spare parts and components, they were able to truly build something and prepare for an eventual push further into the east to, perhaps, find a ship or means to contact their people off planet and escape and finish their mission.. But their greatest achievement of all [besides stealing from Gatorboy] was the reactivation of a satellite. The satellite not only let them keep an eye on the threats of the waste, but examine lands further out and better plan their eventual expedition. The Deliverers had managed to survive, establish a base and even thrive... All that was left was to finish the push into the east and get home.

------------------------

New London
CaptainSully CaptainSully

Nigel had fallen, and in his death, so too had the dreams of a homeland of Synths. The rest of the synths continued on in their search and ventured off into the wasteland to forge their own stories, well, all but one. Trevor ended up in Jarro where he settled down and became a ranch hand.. Eventually falling in love with a local and settling down. They live together still, in peace, under the New America flag. Dave and Steve continued their odd exploration of the world with Dave blundering into deadly situation after deadly situation and saved only by Steve's never ending patience.

------------------------

Hermit Order
Kent Kent
The Hermit Order established by Adam did well in Vicksburg, having done well at hiding from the forces of NAPA, but it eventually got 'too hot' and so the bulk of the Hermit Order moved west, back to more civilized lands where they infiltrated the Republic and aided in the war against the reborn Karmine Empire where they managed to set the Hermit Order up as the master of spies and subterfuge, but one that had some semblance of honor and wanted to preserve some order in the world [easier to make a profit and gain intel when the worlds not on fire]. Most of the Hermit Order was run by Rae with Rhea acting as the muscle, killing and crushing anyone who got too close to uncovering the Order.. Some whisper that the great terror of the waste, Rohgen, was still sending out feelers to try and track down Rhea to get her to join his band.

Adam, himself, lived as a 'guest' of Da Eun where she had him preform some small chores around the farm she had settled in on her retirement. It was certainly a shock.. And while the spymaster made have made plenty of plans to escape or turn the tables on the retired woman, they never came to fruition. Either because she was one step ahead, something didn't go to plan or maybe, just maybe, Adam was content. Adam and Da Eun, together, trained Mina.. the child Adam stole everything from and had her mother killed. Mina learned the art of combat, assassination and spywork, and when the time came, Mina set off into the wasteland to get vengeance on everyone who harmed her and her family, and to reforge the legacy of her mother. The Red Queen would rise again.. and Adam, like it or not, was dragged along to help fix the mess he caused as she had never forgiven him and likely never would.. time would tell how that fable would turn out.

------------------------

The Amazonians
Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

For the most part, not much changed for the Amazonians, they continued their trade as mercenaries and the wastelands premier delivery service. They eventually settled down into a 'Supercenter' and became the delivery service for the known world with their 'Next Day Delivery' breaking into techs like drones and automated cars to aid in their rapid, and secure, transportation services. While they never rose to be a great power, they did not need to be. In time, they would be credited with part of what made the Wastelands become civilized as the first step in settling anywhere is ensuring strong, reliable, supply lines.. As for Theo, over time, something came calling for him. Something old, something ancient, something buried and forgotten.. Theo took the obelisk with him and drove off into the waste where he was never seen again.

------------------------

The Tree Children
Arnalia Arnalia

The effort to build the great ark to save the people of Greensville from the fire that was rapidly consuming their land was tight, but it was done. Setting 'sail' across the waste was a perilous endeavor especially when they ran right through Tolius and were suddenly running through a living tide of meat and flesh.. Flesh Abominations as far as the eye could see. Through the efforts of their planes, piloted by the bravest and most daring of pixies, the ark managed to avoid being overwhelmed but found itself smack dab in the middle of a losing battle between the New American forces and the Flesh Abominations.. The New American forces had been forced into a desperate plan, one that would destroy all of the land and had been preparing to meet their doom, but with the help of the Tree Children, they were able to board and make it into the Flats as the world exploded behind them.

The ancient nuclear weapons within the city was unleashed, purging all the flesh abominations that had set up there as well as destroying the ancient vault of riches but, at the end of the day, the wasteland was saved.. At least, for now. During their flight, Flowna met with Brainstorm who promised that her people, the mutants, would be welcome in New America, after all, six toes, three heads, plant skin.. didn't matter, they were all Americans.. It was.. a strange conversation with a strange machine, but it gave the mutants some place to hope...

But what awaited them in Vicksburg was not a heroes welcome but a fortified town having been taken by Edmund, a traitor to New America, and a knight commander of the Karmine Duchy. What followed was a brutal siege and battle that ended only when Edmund and Brainstorm faced one another again, in the burning city.. What truly happened in that duel is unknown, but after it was said and done, Flowna set to work creating a true garden of eden. While man humans disliked the mutants, and felt uncomfortable around them, the new President of the New America, Anaya, pioneered a policy of tolerance and acceptance, made all the easier by the abundance of food that Flowna was able to grow. So long as the Tree Children prospered, no child of New America would go to bed hungry.

------------------------

X-Raiders
Twist Twist

Rohgen had successfully managed to cut a bloody path through the wasteland. Wherever his feet tread, blood and pain followed. The X-Raiders were more then a legend of the waste, they were the nightmares. When homesteaders shook under their blankets and huddled around the fire, it wasn't the monsters they feared, it was them. The stories of glowing skeletons who rose from the sands to drag the living into hell... The fear and terror he saw on their faces, the way they flinched when he spoke, the way they slowly broke under his tender caress. It was intoxicating. After his exploits, it seemed strange to settle down into the Deadlands, but Rohgen made the best of it. He created entire forest of impaled and hanged men, turning the forest into something a little more.. homey.. From his new home, he watched his baby, his girl, grow. Watched her become the Beast of Rohgen, and was perhaps the closest feeling to 'love' Rohgen had felt or was likely capable of.. Not only did they raid, plunder and kill, but he did so on the back of a monster, its green beams able to wither and incinerate all those who had the misfortune of crossing their path..

The Deadlands never seemed big enough though. Rohgen was a hunter, a predator. He was the monster that goes bump in the night, and settling down just wasn't.. right. It worked, for a time, but soon enough Rohgen felt the call of the hunt and he could no more deny that then the beast could deny the feast. Mounting upon the Beast, Rohgen led the X-Raiders east, deeper into the waste where new victims waited. The wasteland knew to fear the X-Raiders, but soon the world would know.

------------------------

New America
Trektek Trektek

The Battle against the Flesh Abominations was.. brutal. A never ending tide of flesh charged humans and machines.. Laser fire cut through ranks after ranks as missiles rained down from Ezrin's artillery. The will and courage of the soldiers of New America was impeccable and bolstered by the mental powers of Director Thorne.. Daniel, lover of Anaya, led her tribe in support running supplies and messages to where they needed to go when electronics failed... It seemed to go well at first until they emerged. The larger forms.. the deadlier forms. The ground under them exploded as flesh abominations that tunneled beneath them came up. It became clear, very quickly, that this was not a fight that could be won. Even with the Liberator crushing all in its path, all but invulnerable to the abominations.. the battle was hopeless. The Liberator would run out of power before the flesh abominations were purged..

With no other options, the order was given.. Director Thorne's second in command, Zora, teleported into the Tolirus bunker and set the nuke. There was, however, one problem. There was no way they could escape the blast and hold off the flesh abominations. They were all going to die here, die stopping these monsters from consuming New America. They would die, but his nation, his purpose, his people would live on. As the firing lines of New America dug in to fight to the end, a massive land ship came rushing out of the hoard.. Filled with mutants, these 'Tree Children', with little other choice, helped the New America and they were able to hold the line, board the ark and escape as the nuke detonated.. The blast wave sent the ark soaring through the air, nearly as high as the pixies, before it crashed back down in the border of the Flats. It was over.. they had won. But not without cost. Many lives were lost, including Zora, who gave her life to ensure her people could live on.

For her part, Flowna was offered a place in New America, along with her mutants. Together she would join New America and chase the American Dream as was the right of all Americans, mutants or otherwise! However, the feeling and joy of victory went away when they came upon the walls of Vicksburg and saw the banners of the Karmine Duchy hanging from the walls. Edmund.. had betrayed him. Had betrayed New America. Orders for a siege was given, but did they have enough men left over to take it? Regardless, there was only one thing to do.. Attack. The people of Vicksburg rose up as one and the Duchy was forced to fight a battle within and without. Anaya and the Queen of Roggar did battle with the Duchy's reinforcements, the sight of the future President of the New America upon her beast facing down a giant of a woman in power armor would forever be burned onto his hard drive.

The gates were breach and Brainstorm surged in.. The city was burning, so much work.. gone. Amidst the burning buildings, Brainstorm, once again, faced Edmund. The two titans of the Wasteland, the two architects of its fate dueled under the burning fires of the town. Brainstorm would emerge from the ashes of Vicksburg hours later, his frame badly mauled and damaged, and what transpired in that duel.. He never said a word to anyone. The Duchy had been defeated, the Flesh Abominations cleansed, New America was saved.

New America Would Flourish.

------------------------

Djinn
Crocodile Crocodile

Director Ezrin Thorne proved to be a deciding factor in the events that would cement New America in its greatest need. He took part in the battle against the flesh abominations where his artillery crushed the largest concentrations before they could overwhelm the New American forces, his psionic might keeping the men and women in the fight, their panic under control and ready to do it as his puppets sacrificed themselves to buy time.. The apprentices acted as force multipliers, helping the squads hold and extract a bloody toll for every one of them that fell. But the battle against the flesh wasn't possible to win. It became apparently, very quickly, that this was not something they could do conventionally. Left with no other choice, Director Thorne and Zora Sin settled on the only plan, and card, they had left. The nuclear device. Telling Brainstorm and Daniel the plan, Zora teleported to the device and set it.. But she had to stay behind to stop the flesh abominations from overrunning the bunker. She gave her life, so that New America could survive.. She gave her life so that psionics like her could have a chance at a stable society..

Upon return to Vicksburg, Director Thorne found it under control of Edmund, who had betrayed New America, and stolen their capital.. and had done so without a fight. Taking the city with what they had seemed impossible, so Ezrin Throne did what he had to do.. He unleashed his full psionic might and drove the people of the city mad with rage. Through his power, he made them rise up to hit the Duchy forces from within. This is a secret he keeps with them. As far as Anaya, Brainstorm or history is concerned, patriotic fervor drove them to rise up, and let them believe their sweet lie, let it be a lie that binds the fledgling nation, lets it flourish.. the truth is an ugly thing and it is something DAPA will keep tightly secured to their chest.

With New America secure, and the traitor dethroned, Vicksburg was rebuilt and DAPA was free to grow their ranks once more, to teach young psionics and help them grow. Would Ezrin Thorne keep to it? Would he trust in New America, trust that this nation would be different from its ancestor, that it had learned its lesson and was the best chance at a true stable civilization where gifted people could rise? Or would he use them for his own end, to bring about the Psionic Nirvana? Well, only he could say.

------------------------

Anaya
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

When Anaya returned from the hospital, astride the Queen of Roggar, she found Vicksburg had been taken by Edmund and the Duchy Forces.. unable to engage them, she was forced to wait, lurking in the wilderness in the hope that her love, Daniel, and the forces of New America would be victorious against the Flesh Abominations so they could aid her in ridding this traitor. To her great relief, they were and Daniel was safe... Together, they marshalled what remained of their forces and laid siege to Vicksburg.. But it seemed a doomed battle. They did not have the forces to take the city, not after the losses sustained against the flesh.. That was until the common folk of Vicksburg rose up as one to overthrow the forces of Edmund! Caught between two forces, the duchy was hard pressed to hold, and using this, Anaya urged her friend, the Queen of Roggar, on and they brought down the wall so that the forces of Brainstorm could surge in and engage the duchy.. Brainstorm, himself, plunging into the thickest of the fighting to find Edmund and finish their duel, once and for all...

But Anaya's fight was far from down. For, perhaps, the strongest living warrior had come for her. Princess Tabitha, the Great Knight. The Dread Executioner and Master Strategist of the Karmine Duchy.. A towering woman in advanced power armor and using a truly massive axe.. Anaya and the Beast of Roggar did battle with the knight, but even together, with all their power, they could not bring down the Princess of Blood.. The Beast of Roggar, her friend, was brought down but not before rending Tabitha's armor and forcing the woman to come out to fight Anaya, flesh to flesh. Anaya fought fiercly, but she was not the warrior Tabitha was, and as the princess raised her axe to deal the last blow, Anaya's face was splattered with blood...

When she opened her eyes, she saw the love of her life, the siren Daniel. His arms held tightly around her.. Through bloody lips he whispered his love for her before he collapsed in her arms having taken the blow for her. Rage, pure unfettered rage, fueled Anaya's body and she drew upon her knew psionic powers in a way none had ever done before and unleashed the curse.. Unleashed the hate and anguish of the dead. Every man, woman and child Tabitha had ever killed came for her. Their spirits tearing the soul from her body and dragging it down into the underworld.. The battle was over, but Anaya had lost.. everything.

They made her President. President of this New America. But what use was being President when everyone she had loved was gone? She was president, but she was alone.. Or so she thought. Soon, she felt something. A presence within her. As she laid her hand over her stomach, warmth flooded her soul once again. Daniel had given her one last gift.. A half-siren that was destined to shake this world to its core.

------------------------

The Duchess's Legion
Dest Dest

Edmund had.. done much in his service to the Duchy. He had sacrificed everything, even his own honor, for the sake of duty. Few could know the thoughts that ran through his mind as he stood upon the walls of Vicksburg and surveyed the forces of New America that had come to try and siege him out. Try to stop him and the Duchy. But no one truly knew what went through his mind in those last few days, not even Trixie which, perhaps as sad as it was, was his closest thing to a 'friend'. Perhaps more. Victory seemed assured, after their fight with the Flesh Abominations, even with their new, strange, allies.. they did not have the forces to take Vicksburg especially not with Tabitha and her reinforcements with him. At least, that is what he thought. The people of vicksburg flooded the streets, perfectly timed with the outward assault. It spread his forces thin and the people fought with an almost rabid, mindless fury that was hard to contain. The Beast of Roggar breached the walls and the siege became chaos.

Edmund lifted his culverin and his glaive and went to settle matters, once and for all, with Brainstorm. Within the burning city, the two fated warriors clashed once again.. Brainstorm would emerge from the city hours later, beaten, battered, but alive. Edmund, nor his corpse, was ever seen again. Some believe Edmund was slain, his body burnt to ash or vaporized by Brainstorm. Others that Edmund survived and his wounded body was pulled from the city by Trixie, the two of them 'retiring' to live a life in exile together.. Others believe that three days after the war, Edmund emerged from the ashes, whole. An immortal that death seemed unable to touch, but a man without a purpose anymore, and so he became a wanderer. Like Cain, in the fables of old, destined to wander the earth forever.. His story has become legend, as has the stories of all the people of this time period, and Edmunds, in particular, became a favorite to a small town drunk in Amire who swears, up and down, that he fought Edmund and despite Edmund's best effort, he could never defeat him! He tried to burn him out, tried to shoot him, hell, even gravity failed to kill him! This man, this guard, retells his fight with Edmund in more and more outlandish ways usually sloshing himself with a fair amount of ale during it.. But the truth, the truth is elusive. It is likely that only Brainstorm knows what truly happened to his rival, and for whatever reason, Brainstorm has kept that knowledge to itself.

Edmund, regardless of his fate, may be gone, but his legacy lives on. The succession for the throne was decided. Tabitha was dead, Xavier had garnered great support and power thanks to Edmund, including his heir, and Catherine lacked the support or means to face him. The Duchess was slain by 'assassins' and Xavier rose to take the throne. Catherine was forced to take a vow of celibacy and live alone until she was found strangled a few years later.. None could challenge Xavier's claim. With the defeat at Vicksburg, people thought the Duchy would be doomed. They were wrong. For Edmund had given them a gift. A single vial of green liquid. In that hellish vault, the flesh abominations had been made, but they had been crafted in the search to make super humans. Humans that were stronger, faster, nearly unkillable who could heal from any wound. Any that green vial? Was the only success they had achieved. His mother, the Duchess, may have lacked the stomach to do what must be done to unlock the secrets of the vial, but not Xavier. He sacrificed many lives.. but it bore fruit. The Karmine Duchy.. had unlocked its secrets. With this new power, the Knights of the Duchy became unstoppable. The Tithe was destroyed almost overnight, their lands taken and plundered by the Duchy.. reclaimed.. They shedded their name and reclaimed their former title, their former glory, they became, once more, the Karmine Empire. Their conquest was stopped only by an alliance of the Republic, Steel Legion and New America which barely managed to stop them at the Plains of Sorrow.. But all three know it is only a matter of time before the Empire relaunches its conquest and it is uncertain if they can stop it again.. Already new expeditions are being planned to go further into the waste to find... something.. anything that could level the playing field before the Karmine Empire consumed them all...

And.. worse.. the Karmine Princess was rising. A girl who watched her mother murdered before her eyes, used as a puppet by her father, she had taken her pain and bundled it up into rage. Into spite. Into a fury that dwarfed any that walked this earth.. Soon Xavier would die, but in his place would come an Empress more deadly, more ruthless then he.. The world is now on a clock, for soon the Empress Will Rise.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back