• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC chat) - Chapter Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if the dice haven't been bad enough for him. Speaking of dice, Cap'n, can you give me the color you want most for your d20 rolls, please?

Okies, thanks! =)

So, folks? Unless you tell me otherwise, your choice of Shop Talk d20 will stay put unless you want to change it (as Sherwood has). =)

Kaerri - Blue
Cap'n - Blue
Psychie - White
Sherwood - Orange
Pips - Yellow

Finally, combat! Initiative time for the A.T.A.C. team (read in-character post first, please). =)

Combat initiative order:

Natural 20! (21) - Cpl. Mario Zuko (using HLW-6 Heavy Laser Squad Support Weapon, 6/6 bursts)
17 - Cpl. Fat Booty (using Mk. 25 Automatic Grenade Launcher, 94/96 round belt)
10 - Pack of oncoming Wargoths - 10
8 - Cpl. Hercules Papadopolis (in prone position using HPW-6 Heavy Plasma Squad Support Weapon)

Situation: The A.T.A.C. Wild Cards nearly have their backs against a grate a new ally is attempting to cut through. It is clear he will need time to do this. A pack of Wargoths released by the Zeki-Zentraedi have followed the Wild Cards through the oversized (20 ft. by 20 ft.) air conditioning duct work. The Wild Cards team knew they were coming (no chance at surprise).

A small red flare at the junction some 60 feet away is the only light besides the new ally's cutting torch. The Wargoths have just come around this junction at full speed to attack the Wild Cards. The Wargoths are about 10 feet apart from one another running along the walls and ceiling. MechaKitten is with the new ally behind the Wild Card team.

Sherwood Sherwood , Mario's up. =)

Last edited:
What range are we at from the hounds, and how long before they are in melee range of us?

Answer #1.
... at the junction some 60 feet away... The Wargoths have just come around this junction at full speed to attack the Wild Cards.

Answer #2. They will reach melee range during their third attack of the round (i.e. they need this round and the next two attacks/actions to reach melee range).

Combat initiative order:

Natural 20! (21) - Cpl. Mario Zuko (using HLW-6 Heavy Laser Squad Support Weapon, 5/6 bursts, destroyed one Wargoth, rolled a 12 on the orange die and maximum damage!)
17 - Cpl. Fat Booty (using Mk. 25 Automatic Grenade Launcher, 88//96 round belt, rolled a 3 to Strike...)
10 - Pack of oncoming Wargoths (5/6 all now 20 feet away) - 10
8 - Cpl. Hercules Papadopolis (in prone position using HPW-6 Heavy Plasma Squad Support Weapon)

Situation: The A.T.A.C. Wild Cards nearly have their backs against a grate a new ally is attempting to cut through. It is clear he will need time to do this. A pack of Wargoths released by the Zeki-Zentraedi have followed the Wild Cards through the oversized (20 ft. by 20 ft.) air conditioning duct work. The Wild Cards team knew they were coming (no chance at surprise).

EDIT: Updated combat data.

Last edited:
Mario will attempt to bring his arm shield into play to parry the attacks.

From the effect of the laser blast on the 'hound', do they appear to be Mega Damage creatures?

Combat initiative order:

Natural 20! (21) - Cpl. Mario Zuko (using HLW-6 Heavy Laser Squad Support Weapon, 5/6 bursts, destroyed one Wargoth, rolled a 12 on the orange die and maximum damage!)
17 - Cpl. Fat Booty (using Mk. 25 Automatic Grenade Launcher, 88//96 round belt, rolled a 3 to Strike...)
10 - Pack of oncoming Wargoths (5/6 all now 20 feet away)

Situation: The A.T.A.C. Wild Cards nearly have their backs against a grate a new ally is attempting to cut through. It is clear he will need time to do this. A pack of Wargoths released by the Zeki-Zentraedi have followed the Wild Cards through the oversized (20 ft. by 20 ft.) air conditioning duct work. Three of the Wargoths shot their tongues out at the tankers. Each of the tankers decided to parry and immediately found their shields attached to said tongues. The Wargoths yanked to reel them in. Mario and Hercules succeeded in their defense rolls; Booty did not and is about to be dragged across the floor toward five angry and menacing mega-damage alien dog-things.

Last edited:
Combat initiative order (Round 2):

10 - Pack of oncoming Wargoths (5/6 all now 20 feet away)
8 - Cpl. Hercules Papadopolis (in prone position using HPW-6 Heavy Plasma Squad Support Weapon. Rolled a 10 to Strike on the blue d20 to attack the Wargoth pulling Booty. Wargoth rolled a 17 on its d20 and dodged the blast)

Situation: The A.T.A.C. Wild Cards nearly have their backs against a grate a new ally is attempting to cut through. It is clear he will need time to do this. A pack of Wargoths released by the Zeki-Zentraedi have followed the Wild Cards through the oversized (20 ft. by 20 ft.) air conditioning duct work. Three of the Wargoths shot their tongues out at the tankers. Each of the tankers decided to parry and immediately found their shields attached to said tongues. The Wargoths yanked to reel them in. Mario and Hercules succeeded in their defense rolls; Booty did not and is about to be dragged across the floor toward five angry and menacing mega-damage alien dog-things.

Thankfully, the CBR Mark 2E Light Armor was nearly identical to her own and, given how often she wore it in field conditions, she was quite fast in strapping herself into it in a hurry.

Hey Pips? Which type of shield is Neqel taking along?

You got it! Please type it down on your character sheet if you haven't already. =)

Uh, folks? The way these dice are going, I think Booty is in serious trouble. Put another way, I think Booty's life is in mortal danger.

Combat initiative order (Round 2):

Natural 20! (21) - Cpl. Mario Zuko (using HLW-6 Heavy Laser Squad Support Weapon, 4/6 bursts, wounded the Wargoth on Fat Booty for 15 M.D., rolled a 12 on the orange die and maximum damage!)
17 - Cpl. Fat Booty (using Mk. 25 Automatic Grenade Launcher, 82//96 round belt, rolled a 2 to Strike, missing the pack again...)
10 - Pack of oncoming Wargoths (5/6, 1 wounded for 15 M.D., all now attacking Fat Booty who is prone)
8 - Cpl. Hercules Papadopolis (in prone position using HPW-6 Heavy Plasma Squad Support Weapon. Rolled a 10 to Strike on the blue d20 to attack the Wargoth pulling Booty. Wargoth rolled a 17 on its d20 and dodged the blast)

Situation: The A.T.A.C. Wild Cards nearly have their backs against a grate a new ally is attempting to cut through. It is clear he will need time to do this. A pack of Wargoths released by the Zeki-Zentraedi have followed the Wild Cards through the oversized (20 ft. by 20 ft.) air conditioning duct work.

Mario has fired and struck the Wargoth sticking to Booty, but for minimum damage. Booty retaliated with another six-round burst. The whole thing missed with a 2 on the die. The Wargoths are attacking Booty whose heavy armor is now moderately damaged.

in mortal danger
I don't recall this coming up in Broadsword, so I thought I'd explain to those who haven't been in one of Dann's games before, and maybe remind those who have (on the off chance they've forgotten).

"In mortal danger" is one of Dannigan's keywords that means, basically, if nothing changes, the character is extremely likely to die (or characters, or the whole party, sometimes). It's his way of offering the players a last-ditch warning in the hopes that one or more of them will do something to alter the situation for the better (because he doesn't like characters dying any more than players do).

So yeah, anytime you see "in mortal danger" in one of Dann's posts, it might be good to pay just that much more attention to things or put just that much more thought into your next action. ^;3^

Go, Kaerri! =) I couldn't have said it better myself... and it's my saying!

Mario calls out, "Booty! Quit screwing around and hit your friggin' targets! Damn!"
That... wasn't quite what I meant by changing things >.> I know Mario can't see the dice rolls, but he still ought to be able to see that it's pure bad luck that's caused the missing?

So yeah, anytime you see "in mortal danger" in one of Dann's posts, it might be good to pay just that much more attention to things or put just that much more thought into your next action. ^;3^

While this is definitely the heart behind that saying of mine, I should add one more important note (that I thought about earlier today) - my using this phrase indicates that I cannot see a reasonable way out of a character's situation. That most certainly does not mean someone else might come up with a solution I haven't thought of. I am, after all, just one mind here among many. In fact, by my using that phrase, there is some strong part of me that is hoping someone else will find a way out of whatever it is that's going on! =)

I'm hoping that under the combined fire from the three of us, the critter grabbing Booty will get toasted.

Try a flare? A blast of loud noise? Blast debris from the ceiling to get the monster to react to something landing on its back? ...Actually land on its back?

Palladium is a pretty linear system; it does what it does with pretty rigorous rules but it doesn't even pretend to cover outside of the box thinking.

If there isn't a way to save Booty's life using the ruleset, bypass the ruleset by doing something not covered by the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back