• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Faeremeadow Town] A Budding Friendship

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

“I... thanks.” She replied, surprised by the compliment. She felt like she'd taken far more time than should've been needed, but was glad it wasn't all that bad. “I'd gladly help you out again!” She replied, realising that might've been a little more eager than intended. She'd been getting way more into this than expected. That excitement died away a little when the resulting potions were brought up.

“That sounds very dangerous...” She replied for the first potion. The second one made her step back a bit. “Alright...” She replied, a little hesitant. The sight of Calliope bleeding from the eyes was shocking indeed. “How can you be alright?!? That looks awful!” She replied in a shock, even though she'd been warned. The creature that came forth was equally shocking. “No, no... I'm good...” She had no desire to get any inch closer to that thing and was glad when it vanished again.

When Calliope instantly went on to ask for the next, she sighed. “You'd certainly be popular among dark magic users with those two... let's see if I've got something a bit more... friendly.” She could use a break.

Tucked away in a tiny box, she found the perfect sample.

AMEBYjO.png

“These ones should be interesting!” She said, taking them out the box, as they were smaller than the size of pinky finger. “They're called Jellyhops in Common, {Shroomdrip} in Sylvan. They go in most cave entrances in dim lighted areas. However, they're know for this.” She held one of the plants, pushed it down and let go again, showing how it'd hopped back into shape like it was elastic. “They're also known for spreading their spores through water, hence their name in Sylvan, which would translate to... Shroom Drip in common. Anyhow, if what we've seen thus far is an indication, perhaps a potion from these might make you more elastic, right?” That'd by far, be more fun than seeing her bleed from the eyes or grow hand-mouths.

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat ears tail fantasy adventure merchant plants olde s-1227659942.png
Mentions: Elvario Elvario
Languages: Common | <Beastial>​

Calliope watched the little mushroom hop, and smiled, delighted. She carefully took the box and examined the tiny round contents. "Hmmmm, it is good you brought so many, mmhhmm. I don't think a single one has enough substance to finish a potion on tis own, mmhhmm." She looked back to Euthalia until she finished her explanation. "I see, mmhhmm. That is definitely a posibility, mmhhmm. Though sometimes, results are seemingly unrelated to the ingredients physical characteristics, mmhhmm." She set the box down and begin to fill in her journal. With that task out the way, she picked up a few of the shrooms and held them up. "Let's get started, shall we, mmhhmm."

Not too long later, she had two more potions in front of her. She tapped a light blue one and smiled at Euthalia. "You were spot on for this one, mmhhmm. It is a potion of elasticity, mmhhmm. Should be fairly straight forward, lets give it a try, mmhhmm." She poured a glass and downed it, waiting a moment for it to take effect. She steps back a short distance and reaches for her journal, her arm stretching forward and lengthening a few feet, then grabbing the book off the table. She smiled at Euthalia. "What do you think, hhhmmm? Would you like to give it a go, hhhmmm?" A few minutes later when the potion wore off, she labeled the bottle and set it aside.

She then held up the next one, a deep violet color. "This one should be quite interesting, mmhhmm. It enhances one's acrobatic abilities, mmhhmm. Many people assume us Neko's are naturally agile, but I am prrroof of the contrary, mmhhmm." She poured a small amount into the glass and swallowed it. After waiting a few minutes she stepped to the center of the yard took a deep breath. Suddenly, she did a backflip, then a hand stand. Spreading her legs out and straightening her tail, she slowly lifted one of her arms off the ground doing a one handed hand stand. She laughed and looked to Euthalia. "This is quite fun, mmhhmm." She continued to do different tricks, laughing and smiling, until the potion finally wore off and she fell to the ground. "I may have to make an extra of that one, mmhhmm." She got up and brushed the grass from her clothes, then labeled the potion and stashed it aside.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

It was really nice to see see a potion turn out simple and as expected, yet fun. “Yes, I think I would!” She replied at the offer of giving it a try. Having elastic arms sounded fun! However... when she drank it, something else happened. “Wha... what?!?” She'd mumble in surprise, as he skin started itching, before some of her leaves and vines suddenly started growing wildly.

G0FlXGL.jpg

“This... feels weird...” She mumbled, as the sudden growth finally stopped. She tried feeling the new leaves and vines out, but she couldn't really move them. It was more like 'hair' than additional limbs or skin, yet it was still really weird. “Do you think it's our different physiques that caused different reactions..?” She questioned Calliope.

Luckily enough, the potions effects didn't last long, as the additional grows soon started to wilt away. “Maybe it was some sort of allergic reaction...” That might be another option, she figured. Either way, it had been peculiar. She figured she'd not try the agile potion as well, but she did feel like commenting on it after an applause. “Even if you say you're not naturally agile, you knew what to do with it like it was a second nature to you.”

She figured she'd take out one that was bound to become interesting. “I've got another mushroom one, although it's spores are said to have a very strong effect. We might went to be careful not to breath in too much of it. It's often called Blue Dream in Common, {Joyfull Caps}in Sylvan. It spreads its bioluminescent spores at night so that nightly creatures are attracted to them and spread them, but if you breath in enough of them, they make you feel happy or even ecstatic. I've heard the roots from which these mushrooms spawn are even more potent, so I brought a few that were still connected to them. If you heat them to just below boiling point, it should extract the fungal fluid. From what I've gathered, it's done for making underworld happiness potions, although those are said to be addictive. Areas that have a lot of Blue Dream growing in them are cleared out by specialized mages to prevent them causing problems, but perhaps there might be other, better uses for them.”

fantasy-mushroom-02-blue-01.jpg

She took out the mushrooms (stuck on a piece of wood with the fungal roots still through them) out of the box afterwards. “It should be safe for now, but the spores will start spreading once we pull them off of the logs.” She warned.

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat ears tail fantasy adventure merchant plants olde s-3374215156.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial>
Calliope watched worried as Euthalia suddenly sprouted new growth. When she was sure Euthalia was alright she relaxed, answering the Sylvari's question. "I-I am not sure, mmhhmm. I have never heard of potions reacting differently to different types of beings, but I was not aware of plant based beings either, mmhhmm." She quickly jotted the new developments down into her journal.

As Euthalia explained the next ingredient, Calliope returned her cloth mask to her face. "Underworld happiness potions, hhhmmm?" She was intrigued, but was unsure of the legality of such things. The last thing she needed was a criminal title. "I shall attempt to avoid such temptations while I uncover what else this fungus hides, mmhhmm." She carefully took it from Euthalia and began to work.

A short while later she had a bottle of soft navy blue liquid in front of her. She stared at it, a frustrated look on her face. "I... I couldn't do it, mmhhmm." Her tail swished agitatedly, pausing for a moment before flicking again in another direction suddenly. "No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get rid of the mirth effect, mmhhmm. It is no longer addictive, so it is not harmful, but I'm not sure what use the potion could have, mmhhmm. It just makes you happy and stupid, mmhhmm." She picked it up, swirling it, looking over her set up for any last minute solution to her dilemma, but there was none to be found. "AAAArrrgghhh, mmhhmm. It is so annoying, mmhhmm." She took a breath and let it out, then smiled at Euthalia. "Sorry, mmhhmm. I don't like being bested in my work, mmhhmm. Should I even try it, hhhmmm? It's not technically harmful, so I suppose I should, mmhhmm." She poured a glass and held it up. She let out a disappointed sigh and swallowed.

A few minutes later she regained her senses, like snapping out of a dream. "Wh-what happened, hhhmmm? I-I don't remember anything, mmhhmm." She blinked and slapped a label on the potion bottle, setting it aside.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

Even though Euthalia also donned a mask and stood further off, she started feeling a little bit more... happy? Dopey? Both? These spores were strong. It was going to be a challenge to see if these things could make anything else when their effects were that strong by nature. “Happy and.. .stupid?” That sounded like trouble. The type of thing you'd either use on some special parties or that'd be dangerous in the wrong hands. “Are you sure you want to try it..?” She'd ask, but Calliope was already pouring the glass down her throat.

That's when things started happening. First, Calliope's eyes seemed to widen. Then she started purring... Like, really purring. More purr than her accent and even more than you'd expect from a regular cat. Like she'd taken a lethal dosage of catnip. “Eh, Calliope, are you alright..?” Euthalia tried asking, but Calliope just turned her head towards Euthalia and suddenly started making weird sounds at her. Euthalia spoke Beastial, so she should be able to understand this, but... this wasn't even Beastial any-more, was it?

“Eh... Calliope... what are you..?” She'd ask again, as Calliope suddenly had a more predatory look in her eyes. Before she could figure out what was going on, Calliope jumped at her, tackling her to the ground. For just a second, she wondered if Calliope had gone feral, but then she felt Calliope's head brushing up against her chest. Was she... yes. She was playfully headbutting into Euthalia now, whilst purring. “Ehm... <Good Kitten?>” She spoke a little awkwardly, hoping it'd have effect.

It definitely had effect, as Calliope only started purring ever louder. For better or worse, Euthalia found herself reaching out to pet Calliope behind one of her ears. She knew she'd have a lot of explaining to do if Calliope would remember this, but it was for science! She needed to test just how 'out of it' Calliope was in a harmless way. Yes, that would be a valid reason. Coincidentally, she came up with that reason after she'd started petting the cat's head. Either way, after being out of it for a bit longer, Calliope started to withdraw, standing up and giving Euthalia a chance to get up as well. After a few moments of blankly staring ahead of her, Calliope suddenly spoke up again. It seemed like she had no memory of these past few minutes at all.

It was very tough to explain what just happened... “You ehm... were rather out of it. You were acting extremely cat-like and affectionately.” That was probably the most scientific way in which she could explain it. “It was a little concerning, but also oddly endearing. Still, I'd suggest labelling this one as a very dangerous potion.” She took on a darker shade of green as she blushed, thinking back on how awkward yet oddly nice this experience had been.

That all said, there was one more thing on her list. She figured trying to start up that topic might make the previous one slightly less awkward. “I've got a bit of an odd request... there's a plant I'd like to have examined for my own sake. I can't really tell you what it is or why yet, but could I ask you to run some tests on a plant like that? Of course I can pay you, if you'd want me to.”

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat ears tail fantasy adventure merchant plants olde s-1918591322.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial>
As Euthalia gave her the short version of what happened, Calliope went red and made a face of horror. What exactly had she done? She wanted details, but would eleviate her distress or just compound it? She slowly raised her hands and covered her face in embarrassment. "I-I am sooo sorry, mmhhmm. It shouldn't have been that powerful, mmhhmm. Just made me a little dimmer, mmhhmm. The effects must have been more potent than I realized, mmhhmm." She breathed deeply through her fingers, regaining her composure. "Well, what's done is done, mmhhmm. Thank you again for putting up with everything that has happened, mmhhmm."

Calliop's ears perked up as Euthalia made her request. "Hmmmmmmm, of course I shall take a look, mmhhmm. Mostly because I consider you a dear friend at this point, but... also because I am insatiably curious, mmhhmm." She laughed. "Hmmmmm, so there is no information you can give me on it, hhhmmm? There are many tests I could run on it, what sort of information do you want me to uncover, hhhmmm? I suspect if you are offering to pay me from your personal wealth that this is not a guild job, mmhhmm. Of course, I won't ask you to pay me, mmhhmm. Consider it a favor, mmhhmm." She smiled at Euthalia pleasantly.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

In the end, she just chuckled at Calliope's embarrassment. “There's no need to be apologetic, you're an adorable kitten.” She couldn't help tease a bit, even though that was pretty much true. “Believe it or not, but other than meeting that canine woman, I've been having a great time.” She added, wanting to ensure that much.

However, when it came to the final plant Euthalia wanted tested, Calliope started asking questions. “I'm afraid not.” She replied, not wanting to say more about it, as it might spoil the results. She went inside again, heading for the boxes of plants, where she picked up a small knife to carefully cut off a few very select parts of the plant she wanted Calliope to research and put them in a vial.

As she returned, she'd give Calliope the vial, with leaves and some sap in it. “It's not a lot, but after seeing your previous tests, this should be enough, right?” She said, offering the vial and hoping that it'd do the trick. “As for the information... I'll admit I just want to know if it does anything at all in a potion or not. I'm sorry for not having any more concrete information or better questions.” She spoke, rather apologetically.

Calliope
fantasy adventure merchant cat girl adult orange short hair blue eyes shop s-1534958821.png

Calliope's face turned a darker shade of red at Euthalia's words. "K-kitten, hhhmmm?!?!", but behind her hands a smile crept across her face.

Calliope held up the vial and examined the contents in the light. "Hmmmm, well my first observation is they don't look that unusual, mmhhmm. Like the majority of the plants that grow all around, mmhhmm. But that is merely a cursory glance, mmhhmm. It tells us nothing about it's true potential, mmhhmm." She smiled at Euthalia then opened the vial and took out one of the leaves carefully. "Let's get started then shall we, mmhhmm."

The tests took a lot longer this time as Calliope ran a multitude of them, some she hadn't run on any of others. Finally after a few hours, she had a small vial of pink liquid in front of her, but a stoic look on her face. She turned to Euthalia. "So I have good news and bad news, mmhhmm. I'll start with the good news, mmhhmm." She gave the vial a slight shake. "I was able to make a viable potion with the sample, mmhhmm. In theory, mmhhmm. That's is the bad news, mmhhmm. I have no idea what this potion does, mmhhmm. When I began the tests, I got very little in the way of results, mmhhmm. I started to suspect this plant had no alchemical prrroperties whatsoever, mmhhmm. But, I eventually did get... something, mmhhmm. The tiniest, faintest hint of something, mmhhmm. But not enough to get definitive results, mmhhmm." She held the vial out to Euthalia, smiling. "So, I don't know what it does, I don't know if it's safe, but it is a potion, mmhhmm. I'm sorry I couldn't get more clear results, mmhhmm."

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

It was oddly endearing to see Calliope blush at the mention of 'kitten' just then. So much so, she couldn't abstain from teasing her with it. “Most definitely~ I could do without the tackling, but you do have an adorable purr to you when it's more natural than the accent~” She'd gone on the offensive now.

However, things would soon get more serious. The last plant of their endeavour. The one she was most nervous about by far. She watched Calliope work more intensely than she'd watched her handle the other plants. In the end, there was only one vial, but it was one without a clear purpose. “I see... Perhaps the sample wasn't good enough, as this is from one that lost its innate magical ability. However, it's the best I had on hand.” She said, sounding oddly concerned about it. Almost as if it was personal.

Still, Euthalia wasn't sure what to do with those results. “So... you're sure though, this potion does do... something? It wouldn't just do nothing? That is... concerning. If even this one already might have some result... No... It could be a very minor thing, right? A useless thing? Or perhaps a fluke?” Now it just sounded like she didn't want this potion to have been made in the first place. “I'd test it myself, but that wouldn't work... perhaps I could ask Islwyn or Keone...” She started mumbling, deep in thought and sounding oddly concerned.

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat ears tail fantasy adventure merchant plants olde s-3911722670 ...png

Calliope's eyes went wide behind her fingers. "T-tackling, hhhmmm?!?!" Just what had she done while she was under the effects of that potion?! Euthalia didn't seem to mind though. In fact she was teasing her about it. Why did all the Fae she met enjoy teasing her so much? Wait... did she just say adorable? Calliopes smile grew.

Calliope watched Euthalia struggle with how to test the potion. Clearly she wanted to see the results. Calliope smiled, then took a drink of the potion. She put one hand on her neutralizing agent and waited. "Let us find out together, what exactly this mysterious sample can do, hhhmmm?" She waited a few moments, when she suddenly started to feel something. She readied the neutralizing agent, but waited. Suddenly everything went white and hazy. "E-euthalia, hhhmmm? Are you still there, hhhmmm? I'm having trouble seeing, mmhhmm." As quickly as it had vanished, her vision came back, but she was in a small house and seemed to be rather low to the ground. "It's alright, I seem to be having a vision of sorts, mmhhmm. But I don't know what it is, mmhhmm." The person of whose perspective she was viewing, begin to move, but was stopped when a pair of large legs stepped in front of them. Suddenly they were hoisted into the air and turned to face the ownerof the legs. It was Neko woman who looked not dissimilar from Calliope. "M-mom, hhhmmm?" The woman said something, but her voice was muffled. She smiled at Calliope, and moved her hand over slowly over her hair and ears. A warm feeling spread through out her body as the sound of purring filled her ears. She couldn't tell if it was her or the vision. Tears ran down her cheeks, but she spoke in a calm voice. "It seems to be some sort of emotional footprint that was stored in my memory, mmhhmm. I do not remember these events, but I am experiencing the way they made me feel all over again, mmhhmm. It is rather pleasant, mmhhmm." After a short amount of time, the vision ended and she could see again. she sniffed and wiped her eyes, then turned and smiled at Euthalia. "Now we know what it does, mmhhmm." She labeled the vial and held it out to Euthalia.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

Her feelings on what was going down were going on a hefty roller-coaster. First, she was shocked when Calliope just drank the potion. Not just because it was totally unknown, but also because of what it was made off. Secondly, she was scared for Calliope having trouble seeing. She rushed over to grab the neutralizing agent and was about to put it to Calliope's lips, now that the latter might not see it clearly enough herself, but just before she could poor down its contents, Calliope told her it was alright. Hesitant, Euthalia waited a bit. That's when she was surprised once more, hearing the descriptions Calliope gave her of what was happening.

Even more shocking was that Calliope suddenly started crying. With no clue what to do or say, Euthalia's instinct took over as she embraced Calliope to hold her steady. To her surprise, Calliope said it was pleasant. The vision or..? She wasn't entirely sure. When Calliope would see again, Euthalia would awkwardly break the hug. “I'm... sorry, that wasn't professional. I just... saw you start to cry and wasn't sure what to do... so... I acted before I realised it...”

She sighed deeply. That wasn't the only thing she was sorry about. “Now that we know what it does... I should confess what it is.” She pushed aside some of her leaves to show some fresh scars where some smaller leaves had been cut away and sap had been drained from. “I'm sorry for hiding this, but I was worried you'd not go through with this or that your work might be negatively influenced by knowing what you were working with. It's just, I heard some rumours that our species can also be turned into potions. A terrifying thought, but one that I couldn't get out of my mind. I'm sorry for tricking you like this, but please, please, keep this out of your journal and don't say a word about it.” Euthalia sounded not just sincere and pleading, but also a bit panicked. “If someone like me, who's magic was taken away, can already produce a potion like that, those of my kind that still have natural mana running through their veins might be capable of producing even more potent potions, which would put our species at a terrible risk of being hunted for them.”

She honestly hated what she'd found out just now, as nice as the type of potion was, the consequences of its existence were far too alarming. However, it was better to know the rumours were true. Perhaps they could prepare now. “I'll ensure this information reaches the Dryads and Ents that guide us, so that we can be prepared for the worst. Thank you.” She'd add, but then she felt inclined to say even more. Perhaps it was the remaining guilt of tricking Calliope or the fact that she'd already started to confess certain things? Either way, she'd gotten going now. “I should go soon, as this already lasted longer than I planned for. However... I... I really enjoyed my time here, other than that one moment with the canine woman... It... It truly was a pleasure to get to know you and... well... of course my offers still stand but, you know. Even without business... would it... would it be okay if we could meet again?” Honestly, she'd never felt this hesitant and conflicted about things. It was weird. She'd toyed and fooled around with a lot of people when she still had her status and magic, yet this somehow felt different. Was it just because Calliope was a [beast] rather than [fae]? No. Perhaps this was one of the few times she genuinely cared this much that made it scarier, that made her feel more insecure.

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat girl fantasy adventure merchant potions sad book s-3459296619.png

Calliope's vision came back and she realized she was being held by Euthalia. Instead of pulling away, she waited until Euthalia released her, obviously embarrassed and struggling to explain. Calliope smiled at the Sylvari. "It is quite alright, mmhhmm. Thank you, mmhhmm."

Calliope listened to Euthalia explain what the potion was. She didn't react when Euthalia showed her the wound, instead focusing intently on everything she was saying. When she finally stopped, Calliope closed her eyes for a moment in contemplation, then let out a long sigh. Then she laughed. "I'm sorry, mmhhmm. It's just, you would think after everything that has happened to me, I would learn not to let my curiosity get the best of me, mmhhmm. Some of the first things I tested when I started out were samples of my own hair and blood, mmhhmm. Disappointingly unremarkable, mmhhmm. But, I've never... uh... tested anyone else before, mmhhmm." She smiled at Euthalia. "Of course I will keep this a secret, mmhhmm. It won't go in my journal, I shall never tell anyone about it, mmhhmm." She handed the vial with the remaining contents over to Euthalia.

She listened as Euthalia spoke to her, noting the woman's nervousness. It was unusual, she had seemed so collected most of the time. But when Euthalia asked if they could see each other again, she understood. A large smile came across her face, and she blushed slightly. "I would like that very much, Euthalia, mmhhmm." She took a deep breath and turned happily to the setup, the sun setting in the distance. "I should get this cleaned and put away, then it will take me a few hours to finish copying the journal, mmhhmm. I suspect Keone and Islwyn will be back by then, mmhhmm. It might be best to wait to leave till morning, it will dark before too long, mmhhmm. Perhaps we can have a nice last evening together, the four of us, hhhmmm?"

1685904552917.png

FaereMeadow, Ryke
As night fell on the quiet village, laughter and pleasant conversation could be heard by those passing the humble house. In the morning, Calliope, Eauthalia, Islwyn, and Keone said their goodbyes, promising to see each other again soon. The Sylvari and her companions headed out of town to the south, back toward the See and the home that awaited them, while Calliope gathered her horse, Mirabelle, and departed to the north on her next venture. She would return home, and planned to stop by a certain up and coming barony, but she was eager to make her way south soon.

With the outsiders gone, life in the village returned to what it was, hardly any evidence they had been there at all. Such was the way of things in the small corners of the world. But the events that transpired and the experiences shared would remain in the hearts and minds of those involved.

Wren
1685906642873.png
Tears and blood fall to the ground in front of the woman, where she sits by the fire. The night is peaceful and serene, as if mocking the roiled chaos swirling within her. She grits her teeth tighter as the tears flow down her freshly bruised and cut cheeks, the dagger in her hand working furiously. Finally, with a stifled cry, she lowers her hand, a pointed black fur covered ear gripped within. She tosses it into the fire, as she had done with the first. Taking a drink of strong alcohol, she mentally prepares herself to deal with the final offender. She sets the bottle down on the ground, next to crumpled piece of parchment bearing an inviting header and the portrait of a smiling neko.

"Calliope's Salves and Tonics"

Last edited:
Results Screen
Narrator Recommendations

Calliope
- Title [Curious] - Character has a drive to learn that can cause them trouble. Those with an abundance of knowledge recognize this drive and are often eager to enlighten.

Euthalia
- Title [Dormant] - Character has a force within them that has been suppressed or diminished, but it is still there...

Isekai Hell Grade

StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Elvario Elvario

Shots shots shots shots shots EVERYBODY!!! This rp started off a bit weird with companions not being controlled by someone else. Questionable if they really served a meaningful purpose in the rp. Would Euthalia still be Euthalia without lackies? It's fine to leave companions and minions at home sometimes if no one else wants to rp them. The rp seemed to go longer than expected. Perhaps a couple too many rounds of beastman potion tests or a weird slaver ambush. Pretty crafty use of the potion consumables mechanic. Make sure in future rp's, it is not so easy to just pull out random potion X when random potion Y finishes. These slice of lifes are nice at getting those characters fleshed out.

Aftermath:
N/A

Rewards:

Calliope - 47pts (partial narration)
optional title acquired - [Heavy Drinker] - character has consumed enough weird things that it takes a bit more than the average amount to show the normal results of consumption. Can scew results and making for a pricier date.

Euthalia - 47pts (partial narration)
optional title acquired - [Walking Ingredients] - character is a Fae and like most fae has a physiology saturated if not composed of mana. Properly processed, character is like most fae in that its remains would make for excellent mana replacements in all manner of magical research and application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back