• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3e - Southbound

I’m thinking of going with my full moon lunar idea any parts of Chiaroscuro that are corrupt enough to have cops killing cops?

No details like that in 3e, I suppose it could be possible somewhere in some districts, but many districts have no residents because of the many shadowlands and the city is still a first age ruins, so sometime treasure hunters come and try to check those places.

Eternal Alchemist Eternal Alchemist so is my concept viable or does it need to be tweaked?

I would recommend some tweaking, while the game does start in Chiaroscuro, it is mostly just focused on the South of Creation. Its worth considering as a Lunar which Shahan-Ya you follow as part of the Silver Pact, as it can also inform you if your goals align or help in what you want to do.

Like Amatha Kinslayer is a Shahan-Ya near Chiaroscuro or Smiling Zamisha of the Eskari nearby, a few among many possibilities.

I would recommend some tweaking, while the game does start in Chiaroscuro, it is mostly just focused on the South of Creation. Its worth considering as a Lunar which Shahan-Ya you follow as part of the Silver Pact, as it can also inform you if your goals align or help in what you want to do.

Like Amatha Kinslayer is a Shahan-Ya near Chiaroscuro or Smiling Zamisha of the Eskari nearby, a few among many possibilities.
know any other southern cities with plenty of corruption?

know any other southern cities with plenty of corruption?

In the South, would say Dajaz its a thousand miles south of Gem, its essentially a city of excess with many shady dealings and there is a lot of debauchery in the city. The twist there is that the benefactors are demons in disguise.

Beside that, The Varang-City States has some corruption, but probably not in the way you are thinking and same with Gem. In Gem tho, can barely call it corruption since everything is run officially by the mercenaries hired by the Nobles and the despots with a lot of money.

Champoor in the south-east is pretty corrupt
in An-Teng it could be less corruption, and more about the struggle between the Tengese and their Realm overseers. So maybe the other cops were Realm men who sought to hide a crime.

Hello
In the South of creation, where the Pole of Fire blasts heatwaves over the whole deserts and spawns powerful storms, there are people living in these harsh lands and trading while dealing with various tyrants who have gathered all their wealth and power. You are one of the few called an Exalted, coming to Chiaroscuro, the City of Vermilion Glass ruled by the Delzhan. This is the biggest and wealthiest city in the South and where your heroes will begin their chronicle in the South.

Solars, Lunars, Sidereals, Exigents (Celestial Tier) and the Umbral apocryphal are playable for the choice of Exalted Types.

The following optional rules from the Crucible of Legend supplement are in play: Adjudicating Higher Difficulties, Easier Stunts, Combat Movement, Gambits with the Travel and Journey system.
Are you guys still taking room for more ?

Yes it is on Drivethrurpg, it's the ST guide for 3e supplement pretty much came out not too long ago, but I will explain the optional rules from there in game for those who don't have it. Sidereals are neat.
How do you get the sidereal trying to find the book on this

What is going to be the general vibe of this game? Trying to decide on what caste to play, and I don't know how combat heavy it will be.

What is going to be the general vibe of this game? Trying to decide on what caste to play, and I don't know how combat heavy it will be.

In general, running the game with the world as a threat. Combat will happen, but won't go out of my ways to make combats extremely lethal etc...I go in general with the vibe of 3e. There are threats that can challenge some powerful exalted, but they aren't everywhere and definitely not common. Enemies are not invincible or unkillable. I would still recommend picking 2 or 3 combat charms on every character to just have something to do in combat.

not sure what the sidereal KS means sorry :(

Sidereals Kickstarter.

In general, I would say the system and setting are different enough that D&D is not a good frame of reference for this.
okay so exalted 3rd edition a lot different trying to understand the difference i guess being brand new i need to start reading about some stuff.

okay so exalted 3rd edition a lot different trying to understand the difference i guess being brand new i need to start reading about some stuff.

The question is, do you want to learn Exalted? I can help you make a character from beginning to the end, but that's only if you want to learn.

The question is, do you want to learn Exalted? I can help you make a character from beginning to the end, but that's only if you want to learn.
yes i am looking to learn for sure been looking at the drivethurrpg website not sure what book to get yet been just reading and trying to understand :) we will be doing pathfinder rules ? not sure

yes i am looking to learn for sure been looking at the drivethurrpg website not sure what book to get yet been just reading and trying to understand :) we will be doing pathfinder rules ? not sure

Okay, we can work with that, it would help if you get the exalted 3rd edition corebook , but no worries if you don't have it.
Your main goal for now is to think of a concept. If it helps you, you can use some of your favorite medium (Movies, TV shows, video games, etc...) like saying stuff: "I imagine a smuggler like Han Solo" and this can help get started.

Other basic advice: If you want to start totally ignorant of your exalted situation, a solar is pretty much the best way to do it and be introduced to various elements of the setting slowly.

Just to share my input, Solars are well-rounded Exalted that can either do a lot of different stuff ok or a few things really well. I would also avoid trying to get into Crafting artifacts; that subject has always been (in my opinion) very cumbersome and not well done.

I generally suggest to my new players to Keep It Simple. Pick a concept of something like, "I want to be the greatest swordsman of this Age" or "I am an invisible assassin that cannot be stopped when I have a target" and run with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back