• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Grace Walsh
Hearing the praise and approval from Andrew and Kelly along with feeling the excited squeeze Chase gave her hand, Grace couldn't help but slowly smile. Everything went well. They loved the bouquet. And Andrew even said it was good enough to be used as the centerpiece of their dining room. In her heart, she could feel that slowly but surely she was gaining Chase's dad's approval.

She knew all about the history he and her father shared during their time at Hogwarts. Her mother sat her down one night after the ball and told her everything. Amelia owed it to her daughter to let her know the history Daniel had with Andrew considering Grace was dating Andrew's son. From that night, she knew that Andrew probably wasn't a man who forgave very easily. The most proud Gryffindors do have a tendency to be stubborn. She vowed that this summer she would do everything she could to get home Andrew's good side. She would do everything in her power to gain his approval.

"Thank you! I'm so glad you both like the bouquet. I'd like to say gardening and flower arranging are some of my specialties. My mother and grandmother were avid gardeners, so I guess it's safe to say it runs in our blood." She smiled at the two adults. Turning to Kelly, she offered, "If you would want to talk about gardening anytime, I'm sure either me or my mother would be happy to talk about it endlessly."

Chase Crosby

The brown haired boy’s cheeks practically hurt from grinning. Chase was so excited and happy that his parents had liked the bouquet. Grace’s further offer to talk gardening would also help to get her on his mother’s good side and potentially by default, his father’s as well. Everyone in the family knew that Kelly loved all things plant related. If it made Kelly happy to finally have someone who knew about gardening to talk to about it, then that was more than enough to please Andrew. He knew how passionate she was about her garden and how she wished her boys would know a bit more about it. But Andrew had barely survived Herbology class back at Hogwarts- he didn’t want anything to do with learning about plants.

Kelly was delighted.
“I’d love to, Grace! Absolutely would love to!” she replied enthusiastically. “I never have anyone to talk about when it comes to my plants and gardening,” she frowned. “Of all the three boys I live with, no one knows or cares about any of it!” she said, shaking her head. Both Chase and Andrew seemed to simultaneously shrug at this. “You’re a very sweet girl Grace, and I’m so grateful for this bouquet,” she said gently to the red haired girl. Kelly then leaned forward towards Grace, but Chase being so close to her could hear what her mother had to say. But it wasn’t like Kelly was trying to make sure only Grace heard. In fact she probably hoped that Andrew heard it most of all. “You’re a perfect girlfriend for my imperfect little boy,” she told her with a smile. Of course, she meant that Chase was imperfect lovingly. Everyone knew he was a bit rough around the edges. But Grace perfectly perfected his wrongs- the half to his whole.

Grace Walsh
"Well, I understand you there." Grace laughed in response to having no boys interested in gardening. "My father isn't too keen on any conversation involving flowers either." She revealed it to Kelly. "But again, the bouquet was really my pleasure. I really do enjoy making them. It's been ages since my last bouquet."

However, hearing what Kelly had to say to Grace made her day. Chase's mom said she was perfect for him. And that statement was true in every way. Chase and Grace may seem to be opposites in a variety of ways, but they complement each other beautifully. They just worked so well together. It was truly safe to say that they were meant for each other.

With a shy smile on her face and a light redness spread across her cheeks, Grace replied to Mrs. Crosby. "Thank you! I'll really try my best to keep your little boy as happy as he can be."

-Time skip-

It was safe to say that the bouquet was a success with both of Chase’s parents. Eventually, Daniel and Amelia were settled into one of the guest rooms and Grace was able to have her own guest room to herself too. Of course, Chase would’ve offered up his own room but he knew his father would never have any of that. A week or two went by and so far everything was going well. The Walsh’s were adjusting well to staying at Crosby Manor and Chase very much enjoyed having his girlfriend in his own home so close to him at all times. Everything was running smoothly. Tonight was a night like any other. Both families, the Crosby’s and the Walsh’s, had just finished dinner. Everyone was satisfied now with full bellies. Chase eventually excused himself from the table, presumably to go polish his broom (which he did pretty much every day, perhaps obsessively so).

Thomas Crosby

For eighteen year old Thomas Crosby, while still grounded, his parents luckily had been much more lenient and seemed to allow him to linger for a few moments after meals before they required him to be sent back up to his room. Thomas had been planning something for a little while now, ever since the Walsh’s and particularly their daughter Grace had arrived. He had been waiting for the perfect opportunity to do something and now he decided to seize the moment. Thomas was finally going to pull aside Grace and talk to her, alone, one on one.

Yes, indeed, Thomas was going to fully and genuinely apologize for what he had done his last year of Hogwarts and in general, for how much of a jerk he had been throughout all of the years Grace and Chase had been at Hogwarts. Thomas had been nothing but an ass to Grace but particularly his own younger brother, Chase. This he truly regretted deeply. He knew that he had infuriated Grace by almost killing his little brother and that she was crossed with him for ever putting her boyfriend and his own blood relative in such peril. But Thomas was going to make amends with the Walsh girl, or at least attempt to get to the fiery red headed female.

When everyone had left the table, his heart pounding in his chest, Thomas went over to Grace and pulled her aside. He had barely spoken a word to Grace since she had arrived and really, he hadn’t spoken much to his own brother. He felt pressured with Grace around and felt that it wasn’t safe to even attempt to talk to Chase or even apologize with her around. She had been justifiably very angry with Thomas. Chase was still hurt to some extent too, but he had mostly forgiven Thomas. Of course he couldn’t really admit this because he knew Grace would think him stupid to forgive and forget something so big so easily. Clearing his throat, Thomas shyly approached Grace. He looked a lot different from the confident Thomas Crosby that used to arrogantly strut the halls of Hogwarts.

“Erm, Grace? M- may I talk to you for a second?” asked Thomas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back