News Awareness for the Blue Whale Game

Tartaglia

astarion ✧⁠*⁠。
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Awareness time: The Blue Whale Game
What is the blue whale game?
The blue whale game is 50 day challenge wherein it consists of a player and a game master. The blue whale game got its name from blue whales swimming out to shore and killing themselves, thus the player acting as a blue whale. The game master would pick victims from social medias like fb, insta and twitter. The game master then would 'invite' the player to the game and if the player tries to get out, the game master would threaten them by releasing social information, etc. The game consists of challenges that vary from listening to genres of music to self harm and eventually the challenge would end in having to do suicide.

Stay safe guys pls. Another reason why we shouldn't overshare.

This is really old, isn't it? I think I heard about this back in 2015-16.
I heard one guy was arrested for operating a game like this, and a handful of suicides were reportedly linked.

IIRC this was spreading in Russia a few years back, and it was basically fake news until people started freaking out and only then did people make actual blue whale groups

Oh hey, I remember seeing a bunch of news on the Blue Whale game a couple years back. It was a real problem in Russia. Hopefully it's not making rounds again.

EDIT: Bad news, it's making rounds again. I looked into it and it appears that the Blue Whale Game's claimed another victim in Egypt, hence the resurface of it on the mainstream media. Interesting to note that the victim was actually a former Egypt MP's eighteen year old son, who committed suicide in his room. His sister found scribbled papers and unknown symbols referring to the Blue Whale. They've since banned the game from Egypt, but I don't think that'll stop its progression much.

On a more positive note, Brazil's attempting to make a Pink Whale Challenge, which promotes kindness and loving oneself.

It's sad that they would use the name of a beautiful animal for a sick thing like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back