• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom AVATAR: The Exiled Chronicles

. D O V E

Birb™
Roleplay Type(s)

Y7yow9J.png

Welcome to the character depot of Avatar: The Exiled Chronicles where you can get to know all about our lovely cast.​

Xiurong Beifong

• Name:
    Xiurong BeiFong​
    Nickname:
    Xiu, Ughvatar​
    Title
    Avatar, Earth Imperial Princess​

Appearance:
    Standing at a height of 5'8", Xiurong possesses an athletic frame befitting a bender who has been extensively training from a very young age. She has a pair of emerald eyes, a strong set of eyebrows, and brown locks that reaches her waist albeit always styled into a high ponytail. She has bronze skin marred with numerous scars all over her body and a notable mole on the skin beneath her left eye.​
BG credit: Hue Teo

Last edited:
Jia Xiaodan
JIA
XIAODAN
DAI LI AGENT [ RETAINER TO THE CROWNED PRINCE ]
Basic Information
Full Name
Jia Xiaodan
Nicknames
Jia
Epithet
Dai Li Prodigy
Companion
Barnaby [ Catowl ]
Nation
Earth Empire
Appearance
Hair Color
Dark Brown
Eye Color
Amber
Height
5'3"

There are many distinct features that make Jia stand out amongst her peers. Jia may be on the shorter side of the spectrum but she was known to have a piercing gaze alongside an indifferent expression that she always wore. She wears a special gauntlet on her left arm that is made out of platinum and acts as a small to accompany her Wodao, a sword that she uses with her right hand.

Her Dai Li uniform is altered to the point that she has no sleeves on her right arm, exposing her large burn scar that reaches up to her neck, and allowing her more movement due to her old wound and accessory. Jia's hair is often tied in a braid or a simple low tail, her hair curls slightly at the ends and reaches up to the middle of her thighs. While it may not be evident due to her choice of clothing, Jia has fairly toned muscles that come from her rigorous and continuous days of training since she was young.
Backstory

“Ha!" A hand pushed forward, as a child takes on a wide stance, mimicking the man in front of her. Her face was scrunched to mirror her father's expression. Accompanied by her pudgy figure her mother laughed and called her an angry bao before taking her up to her arms.

“Mama! My training isn't done yet!” The child complained, their broken teeth bared at their mother.

The mother laughed, it had been a while since her daughter had such energy ever since she broke her tooth. ‘Everyone will make fun of me!’ She whined not too long ago. “Oh my little Jia, does being a bender excite you that much?

"Of course! I get to be like Papa! I’ll be able to protect the Princess!" The child cheered and flexed their lanky arms, the image in her head was that of a swole and older version of her.

“The Princess, huh? Perhaps one day, little one.” Her mother said affectionately before she planted a kiss on her forehead. "I’ll take her inside, Liu." Yue, the mother, started walking towards their house when she turned around and said, “Food’s been made, just the way you liked it.” There was a hesitation in her voice that Jia never understood before. Still, her mother hurried back inside.

A few weeks later…

“Ha! Ha!" Jia screamed, mimicking the same stances over and over again. She knew that her father was starting to become disappointed. She still couldn't bend, yet all he wanted was a bender like him.

Her mother watched Jia from the window of their house. For a kid at the age of nine, she noticed how there were times when Jia acted older than she should.

“Ha!" Jia huffed once again, her fist pumped forward. Nothing. Again and again, not even the tiniest speck of dust followed the child’s will. “... Still nothing.” She said dejectedly, her arms and legs felt like they were on fire from all the earth stances she’d done since early morning.

“Jia!” Her mom called from the open window of their house. Yue’s home-cooked food wafted through the air, Jia’s mouth drooling just from the smell.

“I’m coming!” Her sadness became secondary as the thought of her mother's scrumptious food would be devoured by her seemingly bottomless stomach. She giggled like the gremlin that she was and ran to her mother.

But before she could enter the door to their house, Jia heard a quiet whimper near their house accompanied by the harsh flaps of wings.

An avian predator screeched from a distance, its target was a young and injured Catowl. Even at a young age, Jia held a great sense of justice due to her mother's influence. Without a moment's hesitation, she leaped towards the small animal, despite her mother's scream. Adrenaline fueled her system as she ran and ducked above the little critter.

Her mother screamed in terror as she ran through the back door. "Jia!" Her arms moved in sync, power coursed through her body as fire blasted from her fingertips.

The little Xiaodan found herself sweating beneath the flames of her mother's protection. She was unmoving in her duty to protect, even when she had heard the vulture flap away.

"Jia, it's safe to come out now." Her mother cooed gently to which she obliged, but for some reason, something was preventing her from doing so.

"Mom... Why is it..." She felt her hips be held by her mother as she was pulled away from a small earthen dome that wasn't there before. "How did that get there?"

"How else would it?" Her mother asked for there was no way that a firebender like her would be able to create such a thing, her father had also been away for work.

Jia's eyes lit up as the realization hit her. She was a bender. Her father would finally be proud of her. And she could probably sneak to see the princess more often! "I did that! Mom, I did that! I'm a bender!"

"Yes, yes you are!" Her mother mirrored her excitement. Yue pulled Jia into a hug, she was happy for her daughter but she dreaded what Liu would do. Ever since he had been cast away by the Xiaodan Family, he had never been the same man she fell in love with.

"Mrooo."

Their celebration was stopped by the shy cry of the catowl. Yue’s face softened, and her hand found its way to the little creature’s head. Her hand was gentle as it gave the babe gentle caresses. “Jia, please, never do that again. You scared me, I thought you’d get hurt.”

“I’m sorry, Mama. I just… I couldn't help but feel like I had to protect it from the evil bird. They’re like the Princess! Small and shy!” Jia explained wholeheartedly as she kneeled beside the animal and scooped it up. “Can we keep them?”

Yue sighed at Jia then replaced it with a smile as her hand reached out to tuck a loose strand behind her daughter's ear. “You can, but you’ll have to learn to take care of them on your own one day, and make sure that they’re properly fed and bathed.”

She jumped in excitement then looked at the young catowl that had been sniffing her hands for the past few seconds. “I’ll call you…”

“Barnaby,” Jia called out, exhaustion was clear in her voice. She raised her hand to give her companion a place to sit. There was nothing much to note with her room. It was clean, and empty aside from the pet bed and bowls that Barnaby used in their daily life. She looked in the mirror and saw her dark, glazed eyes. She was far from the joyful and pudgy child that she used to be. Now she was a shell filled with despair, anger, disappointment, and a sense of duty.

Barnaby flew towards her immediately, purring as she landed and rubbed her head at Jia’s cheek. A small smile formed on the earth bender’s lips, rare occurrences are given only to select people… the people being the Crowned Prince, and while not technically a person, Barnaby. “I’m sorry I haven’t taken you out with me for a while, you must have been lonely staying here all day.”

Barnaby only cooed in response, further rubbing its soft head at Jia’s cheek to signal that it was fine. Barnaby liked being alone, staying behind to greet Jia whenever she came back. Memories resurfaced in Jia’s mind as her focus went to the burn scar in her reflection. She pulled Barnaby close to her and laid down on her bed. She scratched her animal’s ear as her mind wandered to the past.

“If only…” She spoke sentimentally, those wonderfully sweet memories that had become bitter in mere moments. Perhaps it was better to be exiled. Perhaps she shouldn’t have dreamt of being a bender, a Dai Li. She should have never met her in the first place. Her mother should have left with her rather than abandoning her with her father. “It still hurts, no matter what I do I still remember the smell, and how it felt… how painful it was to burn in that arena.”

She touched the bracelet that dangled on her wrist. Amber eyes stared at the letter x that was surrounded by the four elements and blue-colored beads. She wondered what happened, what changed, what she had done wrong for Xiurong to hurt her like that, for her mother to leave. “Grow up, Jia… You know you didn’t actually matter to her, to them. Not to the Avatar or my mother.”

“At least I know I have you Barnaby, I know you’ll stick by me no matter what happens.” She rubbed her hand on Barnaby’s body, feeling the soft fur brush her skin helped calm her mind a bit more with the soft purr of her companion lulling her to sleep.
Extra
WEAPON (TO BE ADDED)
ALTERNATE OUTFIT (TO BE ADDED)
EARTHBENDING STYLES MASTERY

EARTHBENDING ⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫

SEISMIC SENSE ⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫

LAVABENDING ⚫⚫⚫⚫⚪

SANDBENDING ⚫⚫⚫⚪⚪
code by nano

Last edited:
Kallik

kallik.png
(Artwork was commissioned and drawn by TessieDreamDrawer over on Etsy.)​

• Name: Kallik (She like most people in the avatar universe wasn't worthy of a last name)~

Nickname: Kali,

Sexuality: Asexual Lesbian

Nationality: Northern Water Tribe.

Nonbender or bender?: Waterbender/knows some healing.

Attachments

• source.gif
    source.gif
    79.1 KB · Views: 11
  • hermit-crab-dancing.gif
    hermit-crab-dancing.gif
    388.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Maizen Tosuda New
Click Tab
M. Tosuda
PRISONER RELEASE FORM: [REDACTED]
Code By:
Ambiloquous

Last edited:
Xu BeiFong New

• Name: Xu Beifong

Sexuality: Asexual

Nationality: Earth

Bender? Or Nonbender?: Nonbender

Appearance:

Xu stands at a height of 5'10, he sports a slightly muscular and athletic frame due to the years of physical training he has undergone alongside his physical labor from his engineering feats. Much like his parents and twin, he has a pair of emerald green eyes and dark brown hair. Though his hair reaches around his shoulders, he often wears it in a tight bun. While he is technically the crown prince, he rarely wears his crown when not on official business, preferring to keep himself as low profile as possible. His skin errs on the darker side, bronze in color with scars and burn marks from accidents all across his body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back