• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Eleven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat whut ah'm talkin' about! 8D Ah'm just....

Memedroid by jj6464.jpeg
(Image credit: Memedroid )

Ha ha ha! Remember, Psychie, Wolf doesn't play with us in Robotech: Broadsword, so he's not in on that joke. Want to be the one to do it?

Good point! I had forgotten that Wolf wasn't in on how we are all rolling some absolutely terrible numbers in a battle in the Robotech game. It was determined that it is Sherwood's fault, and somehow he is messing with us all so he can get the good rolls to hit, and make himself look good compared to the rest of us. Obviously, we don't seriously think that he's to blame, but we still poke some fun at him.

Full volley of arrows at the Golem, doing 1d8+11 per arrow to it. First shot is with two arrows at +13 to hit, then its one arrow at +8, then my third attack is back up to the +13 to hit.

Totals:
21 to hit, with 19 and 16 points of damage
25 to hit, with 19 points of damage
19 to hit, with 14 points of damage

O.K. Two things, Psychie Psychie . First...
I'm glad that Luna Kaftan didn't argue...
"Kaftan"? Where did you read that? That last name should not be in Sharseya Online anymore. We renamed Sherwood's character after I found out he had taken the name from Piers Anthony's character of that name (same reason I didn't want your character to use your originally-picked name of Merisiel - RpN cares about copyright infringement as well it should). Luna's last name is Callen (Sherwood's rename).

Secondly, Oreleth rolled a 22 for her Monster Lore check earlier (see post #468 for those results). Effectively, Oreleth and Nivirea have the same conclusions. Psychie, you might want to read that post again... =)

Ack. Psychie, I almost missed this.
Has two minutes gone by yet? If so, my Shield spell will no longer be in effect.

Hey, Gang? Just a reminder. Please post questions like these where I am certain to see them (here in Adventurers' Table).

Yes, two minutes has gone by. Oreleth's Shield spell has faded.

Oops. Sorry about the name mixup. I just remember Sherwood telling me about the game before, and I thought that was still Luna's name.

Don't I have a +2 effect from my bow and arrows? I understand that it will have a ton of Damage Reduction, but if my bow and arrows don't hit that +2 requirement, I can't do anything to this thing.

Nope! Arcane Archers can freely and supernaturally enhance arrows to +1 quality, dear Psychie (see Enhance Arrows). You are correct in that Oreleth cannot hurt this creature at all.

But have hope. All is not lost... =)

Heya gang!

(Due to the limitations of this text-based communication, I feel the need to provide the following disclaimer to everyone but Wolf who has most-always understood where I am coming from during such discussions: My advice and thoughts below are just that; I don't mean to, for lack of better word, berate, anyone. Reading it aloud, I can see how it might be taken either way.)

Just to clear something up in case anyone was wondering - Oscar shouted his warning to Powerpaw but not to Oreleth; this is because Oscar has trained him knew what kind of gear Powerpaw was packing. Not so for Oreleth.

Also, this is a tip I mean in good spirit. Oreleth and Powerpaw might not have attacked at all had those who had made their skill checks had their characters speak up in in-game (Oreleth included). In future encounters, it might benefit your party to share more of that information more often. =)

Finally, what I mean by "civil and wise minded" is only a request of mine that no one piss this geomancer off a second time. =) Thanks in part to your efforts, the golem threat has ended and you have Arubellum in a positive mood. Double good!

Now you have a good opportunity to further that relationship if you so choose to or just let him go as you please. He seems sincere in his offer to aid you. =)

That's all. =)

I had not yet posted IC for Luna just because I was holding off a bit on trying to not piss off the Geomancer after the faux pas that was committed on him earlier. I'll give it a shot to see if he has been mollified enough by his coffee not to be too mad at me.

Looks to me like Luna has done the right thing to try and mend fences here. You humbled yourself and apologized, and did it in a way that doesn't show any arrogance on your part. Hopefully it will be received well.

Luna's daddy (and momma) would be proud. =)

Her unwise brother, Alec, on the other hand, would probably suggest something crass instead! Hah! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back