• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Aerenor's Fires

Ozaki would stroll down the halls with the Queen, idly chatting away about various un-important things like the weather, how the travels were, the weather on his isle, and the darkness of the war...The war, something that had surprised him. He knew that his student had saved her nation from them before, but now...With Satine giving up her position as the Doge of the land, to better serve her nation, it made him swell with pride at her bravery.

But then he was brought out of his silent thought by the Queen "Will Utinawara be providing soldiers in this war or?" At this he'd stop, by now both of them walking through the garden, after stopping he'd sigh, turning to her "Yes, five thousand men, our entire standing army. He'd raise an eyebrow "Did you simply think we'd not support with more then a wave of a handkerchief and a crate of food? If Roseheim falls our trade in this area will be worthless, who will we trade with then? The Dark Alves?" He'd sigh after that, holding out a hand "I...Sorry, I forget my manners, my name is Prince Ozaki I of Uinaiwara..It is truly a pleasure to meet the fabled beauty that is the Queen of the Heartlands."

Last edited by a moderator:
Satine, Doge of the League of Roseheim

Satine watched from behind the map table as Hoskuld took in the office. A sly smile took to her lips upon seeing him attempt to cover up the wonder he was certainly feeling. When he ran his hand over the map, emotions in his eyes, Satine smiled to herself before speaking, "It took us three hundred years to map the coasts, get the borders and cities onto it, many people died to develop this and it is already fading into inadequacy." She said looking at the map again, and running her hand gently over a section that held the League's cities and color. Satine once again stood and watched as Hoskuled scanned the map, more inquisitively than before. His question came as was expected by Satine. His question over their enemies, the Andrags. A corrupted sub-race of the mighty and isolationist Sun Alves, the Sendarr, very powerful in the ways of magic, and swordsmanship and better than most other races in archery as well. Skill the Andrags had not lost over their many many centuries away from their kin.

"They are preparing for a fresh invasion of the Heartlands," Satine said pointing to the three armies near the border on the map between the Andrags and the Heartlands. Three was all that was known and it was assumed their could easily be a fourth hiding within Andrag territory hidden among the dunes or in one of the mesa caverns that dotted the deeper desert. Waiting, waiting for the moment to launch a renewed offensive against the Heartlands in their war weary state. "The Second Coalition is meant to open up other fronts," she paused waiting for a moment, "It is meant to draw attention off of the Heartlands giving them time to breathe a little." She said not too pleased with the idea of being used as some kind of fodder. She looked over the map, taking in with her eyes the familiar markings which she had studied so hard to memorize. "Three hundred years ago," She said pausing, a look of nostalgia taking its place on her face, "I stood shoulder to shoulder with your forefathers, we stood on the Fields of Rhenor," She said wondering if he had been told of that day. The Battle of the Fields of Rhenor was the final decisive battle of the War of the First Coalition. In it Satine had nearly been killed, she had been fighting the King of the Andrags one on one, mortally wounding him but he also wounded her as well, if it hadn't been for an Almunian Prince she would have fallen like the enemies king. "It was a battle that would change the world, one in which I nearly died for the cause of bringing about a peace. Ending the darkness and bringing hope where there was none." She said. The pause was drawn out as Hoskuld walked around the office looking at the books seemingly interested in borrowing them, and Satine had read them all, no issues were to be had if he wished to take some. As long as they would eventually be returned. "They are far stronger than they once were." She said her voice growing dark and her relative aura changing one to dread and somewhat of angst. "Their new King..." She paused thinking of the man she had known many decades prior. "He is cold and heartless, bent on the destruction of all those that stand against him, whether actually taking up arms against he and his kin or simply imagining such."

When he finally stopped and asked Satine what she wanted out of this. What her goal was in this coming war, she couldn't help but grow dark. "I want them eradicated. I don't want them to rise from the ashes stronger than ever before. I want their people to understand that this is the end of what life they know." She said the room's candle and natural light seeming to dim, a slight chill in the air could be felt and Satine's breath could be seen. The look on Satine's face was one of immense anger, and yet if one looked close enough behind the strong facade, remorse, remorse for the loss of one very close to her heart, one who had indeed held the heart of the High Alven Doge of the League. "I will never lose another I love to their treachery." She uttered as tears prepared to flow over. "I will have war." She said slamming her fist down onto the table sending a couple books that were on the edge tumbling to the ground. Silence.

Alria, High Queen of the Kingdom of the Heartlands.

Alria reached out and took the hand of the Prince. A smile spreading on her lips and a tint of blush at his remark about the five thousand troops or the Sun Alves, as embarrassment took hold. "I apologize Prince Ozaki for my remark." She stated shaking his hand, "I am Alria Vrenhaven, High Queen of the Twelve Realms of the Heartlands." She said her smile fading as a soft sea breeze swept through the gardens. Upon the wind the smells of the flowers was carried to the two standing among them. Sweet and yet there was a hint of something else, something more sinister and yet for neither it could be exactly placed to anything in particular. "Satine is a wonderful woman," Alria said remarking on the character to which she owed so much. "Priests back home want to canonize her, make her a Saint in our religion." She added a small sly smile on her lips as she had been the driving force behind such a thing. Miracles from Satine were plenty and her defense of the defenseless made her ideal for such a thing, and should she die at the hands of their enemies a martyr would go a long way for the Heartlands. Of course such matters were known only to a handful.

The League of Roseheim

Throughout the League citizens were making preparations as they knew soon the bells would sound and war would begin in earnest. Already the army was being assembled and the call had actually been put out nearly a month prior to the conference not long after the messengers had been sent from Rosenwald to the far corners of Nemora asking for leaders to attend the conference. All of the Prime Cities had bolstered their defenses, shoring up what they could. Lyrias, City of the Arbor had cut back the ancient forest that for hundreds of years hugged her walls so as to allow for invaders to be seen approaching, in fact the walls were event being heightened and more stone added to the formerly wooden works. It was the worst defended of all the Prime cities and had been seen as a pacifist until recently. Indeed things throughout the League were changing as people truly began to understand that for the first time in forty years the League was going to war in earnest and not just with bandits or pirates but a worthy adversary.

The League's only standing army had finally arrived at it's position thirty miles to the south of the border with the Andrags in the Graeth Valley the home to the Prime City of Stohess, Guardian City of the League. It wold be through here that the most plausible invasion could be made against the League. It was assumed that the Andrags would strike first through here hoping to hit Stohess burning one of the League's largest, most important and most influential cities while securing the rich and fertile lands it sat upon. Scouts had reported two Andrag armies to the north about forty to seventy miles within Andrag territory nearly two weeks prior but due to storms and poor visibility it was unknown if they were approaching the border or if they were moving elsewhere. Only time would tell if the twenty thousand strong VIth Legion would prove capable to defend Stohess and the League or if they had miscalculated. It would be at least another few weeks before the League was prepared and fully mobilized to repel any early gains the Andrags might have made in that time. Soon... soon the sands would break against the Guardians of the League.

@NorbertM @Ahzek Ahriman

It was a sunny morning, the sun was fully awake. Nocturna opened her eyes to see what looked like a letter, a scroll with a purple ribbon like fabric enclosing it. Stretching out her hand she reaches the message, and with her gracefully arched fingertips she opens it.

" Dear, Priestess Nocturna

New have reached us about a conference arranged in Roseheim. The reasons remain unknown to us, but this can be an advantage for us. For NightSilver!

Your Assistant Astra"

Nocturna had thought about this for a second, jumping out of her bed she quickly opens her closet to reach out her steel corset with engraved moonstone, steel boots and most importantly her tiara with a shard from The Luminous Lotus itself. Getting ready she thinks about what the conference might be, a waging war? Or just trading? There is only one way to find out. Going to the stable, she finds that Aurora was already there and groomed. She placed her blue saddle on Aurora, and put her mask on her face. Now Nocturna and her trusty companion are now ready to go abroad on the ship and on the way to Roseheim.

Getting closer her heart beats fast as she finds many people at the dock, its been a long time since Nocturna had communicated with a race other than her own kin. As her ship comes further, Nocturna's heart would beat faster! "Aurora are you ready for this?" she asked as she stroked his nose up to his ears. As she got carried away with Aurora, she felt a little bump. The ship had finally docked. Strapping her bow to her back and mounting Aurora, Nocturna is ready and waited for them to lower the wooden bridge to connect the ship to the dock. The bridge is finally lowered, on her mount she raises her shoulders and walks between the citizens standing there. Many ships had flags representing different nations, it was interesting,to meet the rulers of other nations. Her assistant Astra lead her to the room where the conference is being held. Nocturna dismounts Aurora and enters the room to see many different faces and races. With no introduction and her mask still on her face, she finds a seat aside and decides to sit there neutrally.

"King Baydr. We have arrived."

It had been well over a year now, but being called King somehow still managed to make Baydr uncomfortable. Every time it was like a reminder of how poorly the title that should have been his father's suited him. But he had a job to do. Shaking off his doubts, he stood, pulling the skull mask down over his face. "As you say. Let us go to the delegation."

Stepping out from below deck, he simply watched the city for a time as his eyes adjusted. Even with the different geography, the different architecture, the different people, it was unquestionably a trade city and it reminded him of home. It was comforting to think that some things were nearly universal - it made him think that perhaps he stood a chance here. Flanked by his two retainers, Baydr stepped off the ship onto the docks and towards the city.

---

The first of his retainers was the first to enter the room, heralding his approach as she held the door open for her prince: "The Lunar King Khabier Qamari Baydr has arrived! Behold his magni-"

"Adara!" Baydr snapped as he made his way through the doorway, lifting the mask off of his head as he faced the gathered heads of state. "Please. Excuse my retainer; she is not familiar with diplomatic proceedings. I am Lunar King Baydr; and though we were not formally invited, I have come representing Qamara to beg an audience with those who would stand against the Andrags."

Having said his piece, he made his way over to a wall, leaning against it rather than taking a seat. After all, it would have been rude to take a seat meant for someone who was meant to be there. Scanning over the delegates, his eye narrowed as he spotted a certain mask among the faces of the assembled. He scowled reflexively, before recalling his purpose and attempting to maintain an air of neutrality.

This is off to a good start.

Looking at him, Nocturna felt like he was a familiar face. But when she heard the introduction, she then knew how and where she might have met him. Nocturna quickly removes her mask, and looked at him saying:" Hello, iam Priestess of the Moon Nocturna MoonFall. previous heir of the solar throne." she then smiled trying to get something out of baydr.

@Solude

Is she trying to stir something? "Adara, Saiph. Go into town and make arrangements for this evening." Baydr was quick to preempt a reaction from his retinue, but even though he addressed them, his eye never left Nocturna and his scowl had returned. As the two made their way out of the room, he addressed Nocturna directly. "It is... A pleasure." Each word was clearly forced, and his fists were visibly clenched. "I have the greatest hope that we can work together to serve the best interests of both of our countries."

@steevenajj

Lizavetta Draelius, Archoness of Tython

One of the Archons emerged from the chamber where they had been discussing various matters, she turned the corner and smiled as she saw the assembled leaders from various nations. Archon Lizavetta the Eagle as she was known for her golden eyes, darker hair and aristocratic facial structure. Human by birth but with the grace of an Alf, the woman made her way across the room smiling and nodding to those that she knew and those that she didn't. Her hair was neatly held up in a stylized bun, emerald earrings dangled in the shapes of tear drops, with a beautifully crafted gold and emerald necklace that at the center held a tree shaped emerald. Her dress was long and had a hoop skirt, the embroidery was in gold leaf, with some lace as well.Her heels clacked on the stone floor as she made her way across the Assembly Hall's conference room and towards the two leaders standing off from where the others were. Glancing around Lizavetta didn't see Satine and decided that she had to be summoned, waving over a page, but not breaking her stride she quickly arrived at the pair. One was alf, sylvan it appeared and the other human, an interesting pair to be conversing.

Lizavetta stopped the woman that had been told to do something from the group intercepting her first, have only barely overheard the part about arrangements and into town, "Excuse me," She said motioning to the woman and approaching her swiftly. "If you are being dispatched about accommodations, the Doge has made preparations for all the leaders to stay at the Imperial Guardian Inn here in the fifth tier of the city." She said offering a smile. Quickly adding as she thought about it, "The guards at the door will see to helping you make sure everything is up to par with your lord's standards." She said not really waiting for some kind of recognition and continuing her path towards the pair, who appeared to be slowly making their way out of the Conference Hall.

@Solude @steevenajj

As someone approached them, Baydr was glad for a distraction and an excuse to break off the conversation before he lost his temper. Relaxing as he shifted his focus to the fair woman, he bowed slightly. "Blessings upon you. I do not believe we've met. I will assume and hope that my retainer's excess did not offend your ears, and introduce myself to you formally." He didn't recognize this woman from any of the descriptions he had read of various rulers and political movers, but the way she moved spoke of regality, and it seemed best to attempt to formally greet as many people as he could here. "I am Lunar King Baydr, and I would be deeply honored if you would be so kind as to share yours with me."

Lizavetta Draelius, Archoness of Tython

Lizavetta smiled as she finally reached the pair, the man greeted her kindly enough and her smile was genuine. Some foreign rulers usually treated the Archons as second rate to the Doge when in reality the Doge may lead the League but the Archons led the heart of the League, it's prime cities. She bowed her head in return and smiled to the woman who was holding a mask in her hand. "I am the Archoness Lizavetta Draelius, Leader of the Prime City of Tython." She said warmly glowing in respect for the two. Turning her attention back fully to the Lunar King, "Your retainer was polite as ever, the Doge actually has request that all of the foreign leaders and dignitaries be put up in an Inn here in the fifth tier of the city," She said wondering just how well paid the Inn keeper was after an event like this. A page came scampering up to the trio, and bowed with a letter in hand for Lizavetta, who gently read through it and smiled once again at the pair. "It seems our Doge is actually quite busy at the moment as she is in private talks with the High King of the Almunians." It didn't cross Lizavetta's mind that the two leaders may not know who the Almunians are, but the Lunar King likely did. The Almunians tended to raid the shores of the nations in the north and constantly harass the northern trade lanes. A sore spot for some nations that were here at the conference to have to come face to face with such a man as High King Hoskuld.

The tension in the air was easily capable of being cut with a blade, looking for some kind of exit Lizavetta seemed more interested in the King rather than the other woman. "Your highness, if you will accompany me I need to take you to where the other Archons are. There are private matters to discuss," She said subtly making it clear the other woman was not to follow. Her aura was quite strange and it unsettled Lizavetta more than she was comfortable to admit. "Milady, this page here will take you wherever you would like to go, be it back to the Conference room or perhaps somewhere in the city?" She said with a smile, though this was more forced than those of before.

@Solude @steevenajj

Nocturna looked at her with squinted eyes and smiled " I wont follow, no worries dont worry i wont kill, well not now atleast." Nocturna had lost atleast half of her femininity due to the various battle she has entered accompanied by her trusty steed Aurora. "Nocturna MoonFall the Priestess of the Moon, protector of NightSilver." followed by a smirk, creating an unearthly atmosphere.@Maven

((Editted))

The Archoness of Tython. A wide smile spread across his face, even as he mentally reprimanded himself - to not recognize most of the foreign representatives was inevitable, but the League of Rosenheim were his hosts, and it was shameful that he couldn't pick out the rulers of the Prime Cities at a glance. But this was exactly the sort of person he needed to be talking with. Ignoring Nocturna's presence as pointedly as he could manage, he addressed the Archoness. "If you are Archoness Draelius, then it seems that the reports I had of your beauty do you nowhere near enough justice."

He didn't even bat an eye at the mention of the Almunians, though it was a sort of relief to hear that they were here. He had no love for the country or its people, but if even that nation of glorified sea-bandits could manage acceptance here, it spoke well to his chances. More reassuring though, was that he was being given a chance to meet with the Archons and Archonesses so soon after arriving. That it happened to give him an excuse to cut away from the Priestess of the Moon was just an extra bonus. '"I will go with you gladly. In truth, I desired to speak with all of you as well. Please, lead the way."

"You have already lost this war." Hoskuld claimed, blankly.

He watched and listened her carefully, as she poured out her hatred for her ancient enemy, for soon-to-be his new enemy. He watched and listened her carefully, silently trying to understand her, to see her reasons behind the Second Coalition. He found, from Satine, nothing but anger and thirst for revenge. He saw himself, the young Hoskuld who wanted to burn an entire city because he lost his first love to the enemy. If he had ever done that, almost all of his men, including himself, would have foolishly died that day. Ljot saved him, saved him from his madness and taught him to control his feelings while leading men. A lesson he has never forgotten and never neglected it.

"If you march to war with anger in your veins and the burning flames of vengeance, then you will die. Worse of it all, you will take thousands of people with you on the other world." he explained, leaning down on the table. "I do not expect you to listen to me, as myself acknowledge your vast wisdom and knowledge, but even you should know the consequences that will come when you lead with anger. You are already doing this," he paused, thinking his words wisely," King's job. You will be nothing but an angered wolf attacking a fox which waits for the right moment to make the wolf fall in his own grave. Stop. Make two steps backwards. Clear your thoughts. And analyze."

"Back home, when I was but a lad, to master my emotions, I was sent away from my home, alone, in the wild. I was to master myself, to know my limits. And from that to deduct what limits do others have. When I returned home, I was put in command of a small group of men. The first woman I love was sold to bandits and my task was to rescue. So they told me. They killed her, took her away from me. I was angered. My heart, filled with vengeance. I was about to attack an extremely fortified camp on very high ground to slaughter the bandits. I was pulled away and scolded. Then was brought to the camp, only to see I had no chance of victory. Satine, you lost someone, or maybe more, in a war you never wanted. I lost my love, murdered by my own brothers, so that I could learn to value my men's lives." he stopped, his story ended, leaving but silence after the last word was spoken. Lives. We think poorly of others and forget about their love ones who will weep because of our selfish actions.

He straighten up, clearing his throat loudly. Then, he put his finger on the map. His index finger laid proudly on top of his kingdom. He knew where his homeland was, he studied maps. He had to. A sailor who doesn't know where he's going is not a good sailor at all.

"I'll give 65.000 men which will march towards the allied northern kingdom. But I would request you to ask military access, as we...well, let's say we're not enemies, but neither friends. They might listen to you. Ljot, my marshal, will lead that army. I'll sail with, maybe 8.000-10.000 men here, to help you defend the cities. Together, till the last. And if we won't survive, then I'll see you on the other side of the river."

@Maven

97AKhJV.gif

An audible sigh escaped Satine's lips. She rarely lost control of her emotions or got so caught up in them like this. It was embarrassing that a leader of a foreign state had seen her like this. One would think centuries of mourning could help numb such a feeling as the loss of the love of your life but also a child of yours. "I apologize," she said wiping a tear away from her eye. She watched him as he spoke of his own loss, her will now keeping her emotions from making another appearance that would be... difficult to contain. His words felt genuine and not as though he was lecturing her. When he was done speaking about something from his past and began about the coming war she changed her attention to the map.

Sixty-Five Thousand was more than Satine had at her own disposal for the time being. The army had to be mustered and the navy prepared to repel any advances on the islands. Time, unfortunately is what she feared they did not have much of, and it was time that it would indeed take to raise such forces. "I'm sure Baktria will allow your soldiers in so as to help them fight the Andrags." She said making am mental note that she needed to ensure that their King was willing. "Just be sure your forces are flying the Coalition Banners." She said adding to her previous comment.

"The League will be pulling up nearly one hundred thousand soldiers, in addition to our twenty-thousand standing army." She said feeling a little more pride for the League. Their military was respectable and relied mainly on infantry with the support of ranged soldiers be them mages, which they had few of, or archer units. Cavalry while it was used was not nearly as strong as the foot soldiers of the League. The navy was the true power behind the League though, with nearly two hundred war ready vessels with more that could be pressed into service if needed. It allowed for the defense of the islands which held four of the seven Prime Cities, and the protection of the trade lanes. She pointed to the single flag on the map inside the League's realm. It was near one of the Prime Cities. "This pass through the mountains here," She said pointing to the Graeth Valley. Stohess was the city in control of that region and had rather happily accepted the assistance from the VIth Legion. Small little pins stuck up all over though, "These pins however are where we are mustering the remaining eleven legions." She said motioning to them. "Our strategy will be mainly to hold our border until we can launch coordinated strikes against the Andrags." She mused, the strategy was not one she preferred but for now while the League gathered it's strength it was the only real option.

A knock on the door warranted a look from Satine. The guards outside knew that she was not to be disturbed, but if they were letting someone knock on the door it had to be important.
"Pardon the intrusion," she said looking at Hoskuld. Satine crossed the distance to the door opening it slightly enough and seeing a page boy with a letting in his hand. "Thank you," She said seeing him off. Closing the door once again, she opened the note reading it carefully. Her heart seemed to stop and she paled.

To: Doge Satine Arcturian,

Mi'lady, I am unfortunately sending you poor news. Our scouts reported today that we have seen an Andrag army numbering nearly twice our size proceeding south towards the pass. They are set to arrive at Stohess in about a weeks time. Unfortunately this letter will not reach you until about then. I have ordered my Legion to enter the city and to begin to prepare the defenses for a siege. Please send reinforcements at the earliest conviniences. We will be waiting.

Your most loyal Legate,

Aemilius Maximus Braxxus

Commanding Legate of the VIth Legion of the League

This was terrible news, possibly catastrophic. The infrastructure in the League was superb allowing for messages to make the distance in a mere couple weeks from one end to another. Unfortunately the water ways were a bit crowded and the weather at this time of the year was rather foul. It should have arrived just three days prior but a week... they would certainly be in a difficult situation now. She looked at Hoskuld, "The City of Stohess is under siege by an Andrag army of forty-thousand." She said anger in her voice. "Our only standing Legion is now within the walls leading the defense." She added. She knew the Legate Braxxus personally. One hell of a man, a Mountain Alf whom was brilliant at command but a bit of a hot head.

She looked around for a minute thinking to herself. The Archons would need to be informed, especially Maximillian St.Laurent, the Archon of Stohess. She needed to call a military council as well to determine the best course of action and when to take it.
"If you don't mind I need to speak with various ministers, generals and other people. We will need to continue our discussion at a later date." She said bowing slightly and quite apologetically before walking out the door and down the halls towards the Assembly Chamber of the Archons. Determination to save the Legion and the people of Stohess slowly sank into her mind, there would not be a repeat of the last war.

XZsGyM3.gif

Turing to the Priestess Nocturna, Lizavetta smiled and curtsied being polite.
"Pleasure to make you acquaintance, your imminence." She said a smile on her lips. The woman was interesting to say the least. Sylvan Alves were... rare for most of the world. They tended to prefer seclusion and isolation rather than be involved in the "petty politics" of the broader world. Only emerging from their forest dominions in times of great conflict when their livelihoods depended on it. Well that is what Satine usually said about them, apparently the High Valir and the Sylvan Alves didn't get along too well. Lyrias the city of the Emerald Tree, was known for having a rather large Sylvan Alf population, one that did however choose to stand by the League, as they knew their survival usually hinged on the life of the League.

Returning her attention to the King. She smiled as he commented on her beauty, something that she did get told often but always was a bit surprising to her, Alves in her opinion were far more beautiful and in comparison to the Doge she was second rate.
"Thank you your highness, but we must be off and pleasantries unfortunately aren't possibly right now." She said motioning for him to follow her. With a flick of her wrist a page boy snapped too, coming to the side of the Priestess Nocturna and looking up at her in amazement. He had never seen a Sylvan Alf before. A smile on his lips.

"Your Imminence, I am here to escort you wherever you would like to go." He said, wondering where this most interesting woman would like to go. The only area off limits was the Citadel in the Sixth Tier. Quite frankly most citizens of the League would never be allowed into that area, only the Archons, Guests with specific permission from Satine, which would be rare, and finally the military high command.

Once they were a good distance away, Lizavetta began to speak simply pointing out various things of interest, or things she believed might interest the King as she escorted him through the Assembly Hall's various intricacies. Highly detailed and richly decorated hardly any expense had been spared on the construction of the building some five centuries earlier. Sure, it had been renovated countless times, but the majority was preserved from its original state. They passed under a banner that was a downsized League Flag, throughout the building flags for each of the Prime Cities could be seen dangling above intricately carved doors. The building was divided into the Prime Cities, each having their own wing where they could conduct official business. Yet, since the League's capital was where the Doge was from each of the cities held an Assembly Hall in the exact same design and fashion. To ensure that each city's representatives knew precisely where to go in each of the buildings.

Finally the pair arrived at the door that had a small carved plaque that read,

"Assembly Chamber

Archons and Archonesses

Heart of the League"

The doors were opened by a pair of guards who stood ever vigilant, with a subtle creaking noise it revealed the softly lit room. A long table opposite the door, it was slightly curved so each Archon could see one another without having to lean a ridiculous amount. The figures who each wore a silver circlet on their heads, inlaid with a gemstone corresponding to that on their chair. Two seats were empty, that bearing the Aquamarine Ship, which was Lizavetta's seat, and the one at the center bearing a garnet prancing lion, the seat of Satine, Doge of the League. The Dais was on a slightly raised platform and some chairs flanked the walls of the room, but none were filled. A podium of sorts was placed in front of the Dais and it was clear that is where anyone wishing to speak would do so from.

Lizavetta once again turned to the King and offered a small smile.
"Your retainer, we believe, asked for you to have a presence with those of us here today." She said motioning for him to approach the podium. She moved to her seat, and as she did the others rose to their feet waiting for their equal to sit before doing so once gain. Two women, and four men were present, including Lizavetta. The oldest in appearance, rose to his feet an audible sigh as he straightened his back out.

"Pardon my age your highness." He said a smile on his lips. His eyes going from the King to the other Archons. "We are here to discuss some matters," he paused "We are under the impression you have things you wish to discuss with us." He corrected himself. "Please by all means speak freely, you are among allies today." He said not paying another thought that the League and the Kingdom tended to have trade disputes thanks to both being built upon some kind of trade network. Though it had been established nearly a century prior that the League would handle the Southern Trade Lanes while the Kingdom handled those of the North. A peace of sorts had been finally establish. The older Archon sat back down with yet another content sigh. "Pardon my manners as well," he said seeming to be a bit embarrassed, "I am Aleksander Deccaris, Archon of Lyrias." He siad his voice overall was quite paternal or grandfatherly in tone and feel. "I would claim to be the eldest but Satine takes that trophy." He said getting a couple laughs from the others present. Now they would wait for the King.

@NorbertM

Nocturna stood, quietly concentrating on what they are planning on. She then said:" Why attack the Andrags? Do we have anything against him?" She felt stupid asking that question, but Nocturna has been in isolation for too long.

As Ozaki listening quietly, his eyes looking intently at Alria, before nodding as she finishes her statement "Alria...A beautiful name my Queen. Now, I have asked you to speak with me for a...curious idea to improve our nations relationships..My idea comes now that I am...Older for a Alf that is...As such I've realised that I require a wife, and with that an heir to my Principality. I understand that you do not have a husband nor an heir, I wish to be able to unite our two nations relationships with each other can thrive and make us a trading power and military commonwealth that could rival the League's power in both. Along with border expansion from lands taken by the Andrags we'd create a superpower...An Empire that could even come to unite this world."

At that he'd sigh, looking into her eyes again. "I understand that you and I don't know each other very well at all, but...I offer you a hard but rewarding alliance with me and my nation, so thus I ask you, will you contemplate this offer or refuse it?" At that he'd stand quiet, looking out at the city below them.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

RF1ozhn.gif

Alria listened to the Prince as he spoke, stopping dead in her tracks when he voiced his opinion about requiring a wife, that he had no heir and his statements about her being in a similar position. Then going on to describe the kind of situation that could come about if the two were to join in union. For a minute she was silent, looking out over the harbor, feeling the sea breeze gently caress her now rose red cheeks. The young Queen was unsure of what exactly to say, let alone do. It was true, she hadn't married and she was in her late twenties, though her elder sister did have a son whom was her heir. He was however sickly and the doctors believed he would be unlikely to rule. It was a shame, the young Prince of the Heartlands was one of the kindest people Alria knew. A tear slipped down her cheek before being brushed away, as she thought about her nephew.

Regaining some sense of composure she turned back to face the Prince.
"There would be conditions to such a thing." She said thinking of a few in her mind. "This war is not about gaining land, it is not about becoming more powerful than the League, nor is it our place to interefere in the economics around the trade." She said making sure that the Prince understood she wouldn't tolerate any kind of encroachment upon the League and thus Satine. She was like a mother to the young Queen, one of her closest friends, and thus Alria would stop at nothing to ensure she and her nation were safe. Much like Satine was doing for Alria and the Heartlands. "I will however need some time to truly consider this proposal," She said wondering how long she could put this off. Alria knew that the Senate would be divided on the question of her marriage to an Alf, some would claim it would be impure, and unclean while others would be willing to overlook such a taboo to see the joining of another powerful nation to the Heartlands. "My final condition is that Satine has to give her blessing." She said looking the Prince squarely in the eyes. She waited for his response.

@Ahzek Ahriman

As Alria began to speak, he'd wait, one hand resting upon his walking stick, the other, upon the railing of the balcony. As she mentions them becoming more powerful than the League he'd grip the balcony harder and sigh, before speaking calmly. "I am the closest thing Satine has to a father now, I never would wish to damage the League, they are my strongest allies and best friends of this nation...but they are also the only allies I currently have and I need another...To the claim this will not expand your land...Rubbish, Satine wants nothing more then to tear apart the people and nation that murdered her husband and many of her people...I highly doubt they will get away with a slap on the wrist Lady Alria." After a few moments of letting that sink in, he'd continue "As for your final request, I'd be honored with having Satines blessing, she asked my opinion on her marriage and I would be honored by her doing the same for mine." After finishing up he'd look over at her, smiling gently "My lady there is no need to blush, I am simply being honest that you are almost as beautiful as Satine, the gem herself."

RF1ozhn.gif

She listened as the Prince responded, caution in his voice as he tried to explain his way out of a couple rough spots. She wanted more than just an ally if she were to be united with another person. She would need a shoulder to cry on, someone to help her in the rough times, prop her up when necessary, and someone to enjoy all the good times with. A true ally in the battle that was life. Then there came the fact that she was human, and he was High Alf. He had several centuries ahead of him, she had maybe sixty years if she was lucky, and if she was careful. The idea of growing old but her partner only vary subtly aging felt as if the march of time would be more cruel than if he were to age as well.

"Your Grace, you will age far slower than I and will likely outlive me by many centuries," She said looking at him. Her gaze held with it what seemed to be the weight of the world itself. She was young, unwed, no children of her own, stuck in a war for the last decade and fighting a political mad house in her own nation. That weight had translated to rapid ageing of her appearance with some grey streaks in her hair from stress and some wrinkles on her forehead but nothing really beyond that thankfully.

Turning her attention to the war,
"Satine will see them fall as much as I," she said thinking of the last ten years where she had grown to know her enemy. They had scorched a third of her nation and occupied about a seventh for the time being. Neither situation was preferable but it did happen to be better than staring down their spears when they had reached the capital in the fourth year of the war before being beaten back in a last ditch counter-offensive. "But gaining land will be minimal for all of us, mainly the redistribution to former independent states that had bee subjugated," She said pausing for a moment. "Liberation." She added looking off into the distance once again.

Her words reminded him, it reminded him that she was but a flower to him in truth, something that was beautiful in one month and withered the next. Even know the poor girl had streaks of grey that she has tied back, and some small wrinkles. As he looks her over Ozaki would take her hand, looking into her eyes and saying gently "M'lady, today you stand beautiful and strong, tomorrow will come as it is and what is in your heart and mind will have not changed though your continuance may, I ask you for your hand because I know that one day maybe soon I shall no longer be here, and that I want someone not only that will strengthen my nation and bear my child. I am tired of being alone, I'm tired of only having friends, I want someone who, for the first time in my life, can help me, understand my pain, my joy, my life...You, Lady Alria, fit that like a glove, I've heard of your compassion and care for those in your own nation that'd destroy all you do, but I also know your fear...Being alone, being unable to freely bring forth your suffering and share it with someone who cares." He'd smile softly, looking out at the harbour "Our marriage would ruffle conservative alves and men's feathers, but if you and I are happy, and our nations prosper...Why the hells do we care what they think!" Chuckling he'd walk up to her, holding out his hand "Shall you accept m'lady?"

The hall was magnificent, and walking up to the podium, Baydr felt small. He looked up and down the length of the table at the assembled Archons and Archonesses and cleared his throat. "There is no need to apologize for experience; it should be I who is apologizing for my age."

"I know you are all busy, so I will get straight to the point. You may know that Qamar is among the few that still engage in open trade with the Andrags. We have no love for them, but their money has always been as good as any." Aware that this was a sore point among many, he was quick to continue, "But as soon as word reaches home that I have safely arrived here, Her Imperial Brilliance, Empress Jawna, will announce that this trade relationship will be no longer."

He paused to let what he was saying sink in. It was important that they understand the significance of what he had just said and what he was saying. "Regardless of how things play out here, I plan later today to formally declare my intent to pledge military support to any campaign against the Andrags. Unfortunately, though I would not like it known among the greater delegation, my ability to commit troops to battle under any foreign flag is... Limited. The number I will declare is paltry." Revealing a political weakness like this was not unlike baring ones neck, and he both hoped and expected that the Prime City leaders would understand the significance of the gesture. "You may ask why I would tell you all this. It is simple; you are among the only ones in attendance who would understand the sort of war I plan on fighting. More than that, I would like to give you reason to trust me."

He paused, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath before continuing. He was sure now that his uncertainty and discomfort was obvious to all. "You say I am among allies, I say I would like to make it formal. Between our two countries, we have strong influence over the flow of currency on the continent. I humbly request an alliance by which we may work together and forge that influence into a sword."

RF1ozhn.gif

She listened as the Prince responded, caution in his voice as he tried to explain his way out of a couple rough spots. She wanted more than just an ally if she were to be united with another person. She would need a shoulder to cry on, someone to help her in the rough times, prop her up when necessary, and someone to enjoy all the good times with. A true ally in the battle that was life. Then there came the fact that she was human, and he was High Alf. He had several centuries ahead of him, she had maybe sixty years if she was lucky, and if she was careful. The idea of growing old but her partner only vary subtly aging felt as if the march of time would be more cruel than if he were to age as well.

As he spoke thinking her knew her Alria grew uncomfortable and thus decided it was time to make her exit.
"My retainers will be wondering where I am," She said taking her hand back from his and moving away. "We will continue this another time your grace." She said offering some kind of smile before walking away rather swiftly. She didn't like hearing what he said about knowing her, or thinking that he had some idea of what she was like. On top of all that he compared her beauty to that of Satine, any individual well versed in knowledge would know never to compare one woman to another, least of all not to her face. Alria continued walking passing a couple of guards as she entered the Assembly Hall once again but this time making her way towards the entrance to meet up with her retainers, in case the Prince attempted to follow.

hh52CUv.gif

The room was silent following the King's words.The two states had been relatively economic rivals for the better part of five centuries, a status quo was only establish a little over a century prior. It was no secret that the League was unsettled by the idea of the Northern Trade being controlled by another state, and it was also well known the League would prefer to see their rivals... eliminated. Even now the League was working night and day to continue to secure trade lanes all along the south, and with other continents so as to continue pumping in vast amounts of wealth into the League for preparation with the coming war. Gold is what would keep the war machine well oiled, allowing the League to purchase the goods it would not be able to produce since it was calling up the reserves to join an army. Crops, Raw Ores, Refined Ores, War Material were to just name a few of the imports they would soon require.

A younger man, with soft blonde hair, and what appeared in the soft light to green colored eyes, coughed to garner the attention of the others. His robes were a gentle black and some grey as well. Though they were decorated with golden leaf designs. Upon his head sat a silver circlet with an amethyst in it, representing his city-state. "I am Cassander Branaro," He said wondering if this man knew who he was or if he was oblivious. "Archon of Alkaria, City of the Sky." He said clearly proud of his home. Alkaria was the most interesting of all the Prime Cities. Built atop a mountain, the city was founded on self sufficient beliefs and after a couple rough centuries they had been able to establish it. Only forty-thousand people lived within the city, and only double that could be maintained for an extended period of time if the need arose. A single road led up to the City's only gate. Nearly impossible to siege properly, the enemy would have to starve them out, which was also unlikely. For the League they offered up vast amounts of metals which they mined from their mountain. An eagle was their insignia which they proudly wore.

Archon Branaro looked to his fellow Archons before looking back at the King. "Your Grace, you come to us in a time of war saying that you will only now cut your trade ties with an enemy of not just our nation but of this continent?" He questioned. It was true that for the last ten years only three nations had continued to trade with the Andrags even though the League and many other nations proclaimed an Embargo of sorts against them for their war with the Heartlands. "You come to us to pledge soldiers and yet you aren't pledging soldiers." He added seemingly confused by the notion though in truth he understood fully the political maneuvering that would be needed for this foreigner to truly join the war. "On top of all of this you are here to ask this Most Serene League to join your nation in an official alliance though you have aided our enemy for the past decade." He said rather dumbfounded that this foreigner had the gall to ask such a thing.

"Enough Branaro." another woman said. She was sitting next to the elder Archon Deccaris and on the other side was the seat that Satine would normally sit in. It was clear by her appearance she was not human. Her violet colored eyes told of her most ancient and proud lineage, that of the High Valir. The same race that Satine, Doge of the League belonged too. Wise far beyond her looks, four centuries could be her age and yet one could mistake her for her early twenties. In truth this woman was nearly six-hundred years old. "Pardon my young counterpart," She said chiding Archon Branaro. The two were not friends and were actually quite the opposite on most opinions. "I am Alexia Matreus, Archon of the Prime City of Hyperion, City of the Sun." She said with a smile. Hyperion of the Sand and Sun. A beautiful city that sat among the desert, shielded from the heat by being beneath of an overhand, partially built into a mountain that stood alone among the dunes. Their water and crops however were plentiful thanks to ancient magic and to deep springs that fed a small lake inside the mountain. A diamond was inlaid in her tiara, and on her seat was the infamous diamond sunburst that was their insignia.

Archon Matreus looked from Archon Deccaris in his wisdom to the King, a small smile on her lips. "As Archon Deccaris said you are among friends and allies, though some may be more reluctant than others." She said her voice calm and polite, not wavering even in the slightest. A few nods came from not only Deccaris but a couple of the other Archons as well. "Ultimately this alliance will be up to the Doge, in accordance with our laws and customs however Satine has made it known she will step down to personally lead the Coalition's military forces in our campaigns against the Andrags." She added, this was actually a revelation for a couple of the Archons who had not actually be informed of this quite yet. In truth it would be a political nightmare as the Doge was not elected by the people but instead by the Archons from among themselves and the capital would move to whichever city got it. This also meant those cities closest to the Andrags were as good as ruled out no matter how strong their Archon was, it would be national suicide to move your capital towards the enemy. This meant that Alkaria, Lyrias, Stohess and Trost were easily ruled out. Tyroth under Archon Lizavetta Draelius, Hyperion under Archon Alexia Matreus, and whomever would fill Satine's place as the Archon of Rosenwald would be the only three up for the position. "This matter will be discussed at length, that I can assure your grace of. However it will take some time to weigh the options of a lasting alliance with your nation." She said a look of some disappointment on her face, "In the meantime we will see what we come up with." She said a small smile was all she offered.

@Ahzek Ahriman @Solude

"By all means." Hoskuld said, nodding to Satine, ending their small discussion.

Forty-thousand men besieging a city with the only standing army within the walls of the city bearing the mark of the beginning of a massive war which bards would sing for centuries, just like the ones about the First Coalition. If only one army held such numbers, Hoskuld couldn't possible imagine how many more men they had at their disposal. The simple thought exited him. Soon, his name will be carved in rune stones as he took up the axe and charged at a vast unknown enemy. But he had to ensure that he was not to be defeated. Or he would have to face the Goddess on the other side of the river, explaining himself for his failures. Dark times are upon everyone. Time has come to bring a few candles.

Hoskuld did not waste a single moment. He was practically running towards his ship, alone. And when he reached it, he saw two of his men on guard. They both rose from their seats, two small crates around an improvised fire pit. They stared at Hoskuld, waiting patiently, and yet, unerving. With a nod of his head, one of the two sprinted off, going after the others while Hoskuld and the other one left prepared the boat. It was not long before his crew arrived, bloodied, his son, bearing his first scar over his left cheek.

"What happened?" Hoskuld asked Bjorn.

"We got attacked on our way back. No, we don't know who they were, but we killed them all." Bjorn explained, as he boarded, alongside with his crew. "Where is the gold?" he asked, a hint of confusion spread on his face.

"They'll send it by ship. We have no time. We must leave." With that, Hoskuld and his crew left, but not before he written a letter and sent it to Satine.

[/font][/center]
The waves crashed upon the boat and the familiar smell of the wonderful sea filled Hoskuld's nostrils. He felt almost at home. And his home was filled with songs and the occasional cheers. Or if not, then it didn't feel like home. He looked in the open, deep in his thoughts, with a cup of ale in his palms, gently brushing it. His son, Bjorn, approached him slowly.

"This will be difficult." he said.

"When did it stopped being so?" Hoskuld replied. "We have a long road ahead of us. Let's enjoy it however we can. For our lost ones and soon to be lost!" he yelled, soon followed by the rest of the crew. A journey begins, filled with smoke and blood.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Doge Satine,

I am no man of letter, please excuse my writing, I am no good at it. Yet. I left to muster my forces. I have give thought about it and I will try to bring more forces to help you. Until then, keep clear head and make no fool mistake. Do no kill many, leave some to us too. We must no make shame us. Keep the gold, use it to help you people. Pay us after we win this war. Until next time.

Your friend,

Hoskuld

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

He had known from the beginning that the Archon of Alkaria would be among the most likely to be in open opposition to his proposal, but Baydr was surprised to hear Archoness Matreus speak up as a moderate voice - everything he knew suggested she would be just as opposed to anything he had to say. At least if she was opposed, she was willing to at least pretend to consider his proposal - It was a surprise, but a welcome one. Especially, as he realized that he had given the assembled leaders entirely the wrong impression. "Do not mistake me. I am not nearly so naive as to think a few pretty words could erase our differences. But nor can I change the actions of my predecessors. I spoke of our past sins openly because I believed pretending they had never occurred would be an insult to your intelligence. If it offended, I apologize for my brashness."

"I apologize too, for failing to make myself understood. I would like to think I know the tongue, but it is clear I did not use the correct words to say what I meant. If I wished for an official alliance, I would have sought audience with the Doge." He shook his head, and sighed, apparently disappointed in himself. "When I speak of a formal alliance, I do not speak as the Lunar King of Qamar asking for an alliance of words with the political body of the League of Roseheim. Even if I thought any of you would see value in such a thing, I doubt your people or mine would be happy with it, and it would serve little purpose."

"I speak to each of you, individually, as the rulers of the Prime Cities, the wheels that make your country turn, and ask you for an alliance of coin - a trade relationship. Perhaps even something as simple as reduced trade restrictions between your cities and our country." He glanced over the assembled leaders - In truth, he had doubted he had a chance of seeing support from all the cities. He would be surprised if he managed more than one. But if he could just get Draelius or Deccaris, he would have done better than he hoped. "The only thing I ask of you all politically is that you not speak against me when I say my piece publicly."

As Alria strode away from him, Ozaki would sigh, turning and heading out back into the halls, asking directions to Satines study from a guard. Before being brought up by that same guard to her door, which Ozaki would rap with the head of his walking stick "Miss Satine, are you busy? May I speak to you my dear friend?"

Meanwhile back within the still being built house of Nobles, a small group of various generals, admirals and some nobles would be sitting within one of the small antechamber. They'd be pouring over a message Ozaki sent mid journey to the League, the message read as follows.

" Dear gentlemen of the admiralty, military, and nobles of the realm. As you know we may soon be upon a time of war, as such your supreme warlord once again must take his place upon the battlefield.

Within this document is a Royal order to organize and gather the Royal Armed Force and incur a draft of the military university, as such I am requesting the drawing of a loan from the national bank to pay for the arming of the draftees of the sum of fifty bars of gold.

Signed: Prince Ozaki the first of his name, your Royal Majesty, Lord of the Isles of Gorthena, Louthrope, Sutherford, Locksly, and Üntercommin

"

At the end of the reading, the various generals,admirals, and nobles would stand, turning and heading off to begin the terrible tasks of logistic dancing that is putting together an army and navy fit to fight a war.

@Maven

jY8XGc3.gif

Departing the room when Hoskuld allowed it, Satine walked as fast as her legs could carry her towards the Council Room. Her mind was racing as she thought of the process to which this would be subjected too. It would take at least two weeks to get together some kind of relief force thanks to the military already raising whom it could. The invasion from the Andrags came far sooner than they had expected but... was it really all that of a surprise? The League was going to take the foremost position in fighting the Andrags, they were the ones assembling the Second Coalition and the ones who were going to lead it. Naturally, in military strategy you attempt to behead the snake, and the rest withers, by going for the League before they were fully ready, the Andrags hoped to secure an early victory to which their enemies could not recover from quickly enough to meet their forces.

Her heels clacked as she made her way through back corridors so as to not alarm some of the other leaders. Walking through some offices she finally came to a door that led to the area behind the Archons, opposite the main chamber door. The door opened and the Archons attentions were drawn to Satine who was clearly flustered, the letter in her hand. They all stood and in unison seemed to greet her. She approached her seat and saw that they were speaking to one of the guests. She would have words with them later about such a thing as this matter at hand had a far more prominent place in her mind. She didn't have to wait to get their attention, her unannounced arrival was enough to warrant their undivided attention.

Satine looked to Archon St.Laurent handing him the letter containing the information about his city. The man took it and read it over. Horror crossed his face as he looked back at her.
"When?" he asked wanting to know when the Doge had received the letter. Valid question as it stated that his City, his home and his family were now under siege from a hostile enemy force potentially capable of breaching walls that hadn't been breached in nearly four centuries. Such thoughts would certainly shake a man to his core. The other Archons looked from St.Laurent to Satine wondering what was happening.

"Not more than ten minutes ago." She said looking at him. "I was in a meeting with another Head of State and it took the page some time to find me, but it arrived here in the city about an hour ago." She said trying to remain calm so as to not make the others more concerned than they already were. She couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt in her heart as she thought about what to do. It would be some time before the city could be reinforced or relieved from it's siege. To a degree Satine felt helpless, and in truth she was.

"What in the name of Concordia is going on?" asked a voice that had yet to have spoken up in the chamber. The attention of Satine and indeed the others fell on an Alf. His light colored skin, ruby red eyes, and his beard that was neatly kept but fell to his stomach, gave the impression of an elderly scholar, he was a Mountain Alf, and Archon of Trost, the City in the Mountain. His voice was raspy from the time he had spent in the smithies and mines that had made the city of Trost so wealthy. He stared from one Archon to the next finally landing on Satine. Before she could answer though Archon St.Laurent stood and bowed to the others, and without a word left seemingly in quite a hurry, leaving the letter behind.

"The Andrags have began to siege Stohess, the Sixth Legion is also trapped in the city with the fifty-thousand citizens, and forty-thousand Andrags at their gates." Satine said with a sigh. She was at a relative loss as to how to proceed. The shock on the other Archon's faces explained in depth what the situation was, dire but hopeless. They all knew they couldn't hope to raise an army in time, arm them, and march them to make an attack on the Andrags to relieve the city. The Legions were still mustering in their designated spots, but if the Andrags did indeed mean to siege the city they would have likely brought siege equipment with them or would build them in short order. All of them had clearly lost hope to save Stohess, it was shaping up to be a repeat of the first war. All of them had also seemed to somehow forget that the King was still in the room.

YuR9mQV.gif

"Your Grace," came the familiar voice of his retainer. Septimus turned to face her, the armor she wore bore the half white and half gold tree that was the insignia of the Grand Imperial Dominion of Elyria. Home of the High Alven Emperor, the birthplace of their kind and the cradle of their civilization, culture and race. The ship gently rocked causing the young prince to sigh as he hated the motion. His retainer was a High Alf, like the prince with her vibrant blue eyes and pale blonde hair she fit the usual class of High Valir. Fair skinned, beautiful, and polite possibly to a fault. She stood with her hands behind her back, standing to some kind of attention before saluting the Prince formally as he looked up at her. She put her right arm up across her chest with her fist resting against her left breast. No smile, not really an expression of any kind other than that of duty graced her face.

"Yes Rhea?" He asked his voice as calm as ever. The prince smiled at his retainer, whom had been appointed by his father, the Emperor of Elyria. His eyes were a deep purple that seemed to become only more vibrant due to his dark black hair. His features were regal, thanks to many eons of only having bred with other High Alves. He had been working on the exact details of what to write to his father when they arrived, but it had been the same blank page for the past three weeks. Talking to his father was beyond difficult, it was rare, the fact his father had given him command of the Expeditionary Force had been a bloody miracle that had surprised not only Septimus but his other siblings and some in the military high command as well. Not that any of them believed him unfit, it just wasn't common for the Emperor to entrust something as important as this to Septimus, who upon hearing it from another as his father didn't tell him himself, the prince had believed it a joke until the Grand Marshal himself had reassured him it was no joke. The day they departed for the League had been one of the best days in his life, one he would always remember because his father had actually come to say goodbye. Tears welled up in his eyes that he quickly wiped away, returning his attention to Rhea.

"We will arrive in Rosenwald in about an hour. Most of the ships will sail on to the mainland choosing to dock in one of the cities." She said pointing to the map on the wall. The ship that Septimus was in and three others containing his personal guard were going to dock in Rosenwald where he would meet with Satine and tell her about the Expeditionary Force. His father had actually dispatched the force nearly three weeks ago, just shortly following the second message from Satine saying the conference had indeed been set. The Emperor and Satine had been in close communication about the Second Coalition and the overall political nature of events. The Emperor in his infinite wisdom had decided not to wait to hear of the outcome of the conference but instead dispatch the Expeditionary Force ahead of the main force that would take a couple months to four to muster. Septimus nodded in response and Rhea disappeared out the door and onto the deck.

Looking around, Rhea watched as the naval force seamlessly split. Their sails were not the standard white of merchant ships, but were a off-white color with the insignia enlarged on them for easy identification. They would appear to be a rather large navy, and in fact transporting sixty-thousand soldiers was no easy task, many transport ships, supply ships and military escorts had to be acquired and it was by sheer luck that three years earlier the Emperor had enlarged the navy. Things seemed to be ordained by the Gods or some weird kind of fate. The sun seemed to be setting, and the soft glow of twilight shone on the grand sea gate and mountains defending Rosenwald, capital of the League. Time would tell how they were greeted.

@NorbertM

27th Day of Dawn's Return, 1254 AUC

07/27/1254

Users who are viewing this thread

Back