• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Thin Walls| Open

Reine

clinomania

Thin Walls
Space_Needle002.jpg

Introduction

small-2462-576cf7bdb87eb.png

Look, good real estate in the city is hard as hell to come by. Especially if that city is Seattle. It's nowhere near as hard as getting a place to live in, say, New York, sure, but still not a cake-walk by any stretch of the imagination. These days, Seattle is getting flooded with new incoming people. College kids looking for a cool hip spot to live, or even older people, looking to move closer to the city now that their kids are going away to university. And if you want an apartment in the heart of the city, you better be willing to pay some good money for it.

Which is precisely why the building on the corner of Pike's Place and Turnstone Avenue is so weird. Right on the waterfront and just a few hundred feet away from Pike's Market. Practically the textbook definition of prime real estate. As if that weren't all, the building contains only industrial work lofts. It's six stories tall, making for six gorgeous apartment lofts, all more than 800 feet in square footage. So, you'd expect to pay a fortune for just a month's rent, right?

Not at all. In fact, rent in this building is notoriously cheap. No one knows why, not for sure, not really, but nobody's about to question it. Literally hundreds of people apply for a lease to live in that apartment building. Only twelve people ever "win the lottery" at a time. Of course, with 800 plus square feet of space, a person must be willing to share. In order to keep the building running, at least twelve people need to be paying rent. Which is why every loft contains two people, never less but also never any more, unless someone is letting a friend crash for the night. Flatmates are paired at random, though they're always more than welcome to switch places.

Inexpensive and intriguing as the building is, it's well known that applicants for renting status are extensively screened. And no one really knows the criteria upon which people are accepted either. The building is eclectic, to say the least. A cult of personality, in the most literal sense. People of all different kinds from all different ways of life all gather within the walls of the apartment building on Pike's Place and Turnstone.

seattle.jpg

Setting
In the past few decades, Seattle has quietly grown from a far-flung port city not registering on too many radar screens, to being nationally recognized as one of the most livable cities in the US. This recognition is based on criteria such as a critical mass of advanced technology, diverse economic sectors such as agriculture, services, manufacturing and international trade, superior educational and health care, (First Hill just east of downtown has been nicknamed "Pill Hill" due to the number of medical facilities crowded onto its slopes), public safety, a well-educated work force, quality of life and the international outlook of its people. The popularity of Seattle's natural and cultural amenities, that so epitomize the attraction of the Northwest, see the city now faced with the challenge of preserving its livability under the pressure of increasing residential and tourist populations.

Seattle has the cosmopolitan outlook of a port city with its strong civic, cultural and personal relationships abroad. It is open to new influences and perhaps first landing site for those seeking adventure, or starting a new life. Seattle has a long established gay community, and boasts the nation's longest running gay bar, the oldest lesbian resource center, the oldest gay counseling service, and the second richest foundation devoted to gay issues. Despite a cosmopolitan outlook, Seattle remains unpretentious, and even low-key. Folks who wear jeans to work, and prefer backpacks to briefcases are also those who appreciate the finer things in life, and are open to new influences in food and art.

(Taken from gonorthwest.com)

600x284
Characters

Room One

comfy-kids-bedroom-design-with-two-beds-and-lighting-interior-ideas-by-doimo-city-line.jpg

x5lmE4C-.jpeg

Character Name

x5lmE4C-.jpeg

Character Name

appealing-apartment-living-room-interior-designing-ideas-with-sectional-white-leather-sofa-on-large-grey-fluffy-fur-area-rug.jpg

Room Two

royal-duplex-luxury-apartment-living-room-1689.jpg

x5lmE4C-.jpeg

Character Name

x5lmE4C-.jpeg

Character Name

A-nautical-guest-room-with-two-beds.jpg

Room Three

luxury-apartment-living-room-wallpapers-interior-design-image-interior-design-living-room-design-living-room-furniture-arrangement-living-room-living-room-picture-apartment-living-room.jpg

x5lmE4C-.jpeg

Character Name

x5lmE4C-.jpeg

Character Name

two-bed1.jpg
[/heightrestrict]

Room Four

witching-design-luxury-apartments-ideas-white-colored-sofa-wall-mount-tv-black-wooden-cabinets-white-floor-tiles-large-glass-windows-with-curtains-rectangle-shape-glass-coffee-table-black-s-shape-chai.jpg

x5lmE4C-.jpeg

Character Name

x5lmE4C-.jpeg

Character Name

best-two-bed-bedroom-ideas.jpg

Room Five

001-Bold-HOLA-Design-Luxury-Apartment-Warsaw-Poland.jpg

ezimba13989821077900.jpg

Paris Vermough & Lee Sornien

LagoTwo08-3000x1500.jpg

Room Six

The-Continental-Luxury-Rental-Tower-in-Manhattan-4.jpg

x5lmE4C-.jpeg

Character Name

x5lmE4C-.jpeg

Character Name

full_grosvenor_deluxe_twin.jpg

Rules

ezimba13989832439500.png

Use third person past tense.

Wrong: I walked out of the store, feeling jittery and uncomfortable.

Wrong: She would walk out of the store, feeling jittery and uncomfortable.

Right: She walked out of the store, feeling jittery and uncomfortable.

Ask Questions! It's better than going ahead and doing it the wrong way.

No Sexual Content. Not on my thread. Please. Pleeeaase.

Don't Argue. Especially not with me. I don't handle that well, and I'm not going to let this happen between me and another, or two players. It's a game. This is my 123rd RP I've created, and I'm sick of all the drama.

No Mary-Sues. If your character is perfect, I won't accept it.

OOC. Keep OOC... OOC. Makes sense, doesn't it? I do not want to see Out Of Character Chat in the Sign Ups.

Reservations. I'll only put a role on hold for two days.

Like the post to show you read this. There's no reason not to. You can do it right now. No warnings, no excuses.

Use Common Sense. This is meant for in character. No teleporting to interact with others, and reacting unrealistically.

Two Strikes. If you break the applicable rules more than once, I'll ask you to leave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back