• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Your voice in the court of feathers

NeonFlow

More toxic less flow
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
In ancient times the Court of Feathers was a council of royalty and elite from across various lands. The Court enacted its will across the world, controlling the masses as they see fit. It is unknown to most if the ambitions of the court were hopeful or nefarious, but the court eventually fell to ruin in a war against itself. A civil war between royalty and elite. Both sides armed with weapons and magic, but nothing could compare to the devastation of the Lordbirds.
images-44.jpeg
Known as the migration of death in the lands of Gellaird, the battle of Lordbirds shaped the world. Mountains of poison and thunder, valleys of gravity and horrors. The court eventually fell, but all the world was changed before it happened.
The royals of the court fell into obscurity, chasing ambitions and dreams of God hood.
The elite of the court scattered, though it is said the ancestors of those elite rebuilt the court in the image of a guild that fights against any to pursue godhood.

The new Court of Feathers is now a hidden society, for more than nine hundred years the court has thwarted those of royal heritage attempting to acsend beyond their humanity. Though over generations the court fell silent. Grand halls occupied by ghosts of feathers long dead. Still able to speak guide and order new members should they arrive. To join the elite that is the court of Feathers, to earn your right to speak and act on behalf of the court...
One must slay a Lordbird, or at the very least pluck a feather from their crown plume.
To have a say, a voice at the table, a Lordbird's feather is necessary.

This story is about the newest members to join the court of feathers, be it from stories heard or read your character has the goal of fighting those who would attempt to become a God.
Eight times out of ten its the ghost of a ancestor who encourages/keeps bitching at the character until they join the court.

The rp will start with two new members and three would be members who still need to acquire a feather. Its a medieval fantasy with soft magic at play. There's a bit going on but I can summarise the two main ways easy.

1) is what's most common for mortals, a guardian spirit/ghost is tied to a mortal soul, said spirit is capable of one magic type and in turn lets the mortal use the same magic.
Say Bob has a firefox spirit, Bob can use fire magic then.
Sally has a thunderwolf spirit, Sally can use thunder magic. Lots of magic types and lots of spirits/ghosts. I may say no to magic or ghosts depending on what's written down.
Like putting down a colossal dragon as a spirit would be a no, 99.89% of the time a spirit is horse sized or smaller.

2) is just for those with royal heritage, they simply have access to a magic type without the need of ghosts or spirits. While they miss out on having a guardian spirit capable of protecting them and offering guidance, royal mana is stronger.
Prince Bobbeth has fire mana,
Princess Sally has ice mana, etc etc
There is a bunch of magic types though I may say no if I think It will ruin the pace/challenge/story.
Like if you word conqueror's haki into a type of magic ima have to say no pirate king, you can't knock out would be threats with your presence/aura alone.
If you wanted to pause time or exhibit flash levels of speed i'd have to say no.

A Lordbirds feather can be used as a catalyst to fly and use "lord magic"
So if Bob (who primarily uses fire magic) has a Lordbirds feather of ice than Bob can use ice magic via the feather.

Im hoping for four or five people able to post two paragraphs or more once a week, more consistent if the players want to.
Rp is about medieval fantasy stuff like fighting monsters, going on side quests with the main goal of killing any mortals who try becoming gods.

Last edited:
I'd be interested depending on how the character sheets need to be managed. What's the "system" for characters?
Define what you mean by "system"
If you mean the "magic system" think along the lines of quirks or bending.
Magic is something inherent to most that needs practice and imagination to perform well. You can be taught how to dance but you can also just move to the beat.

The add on being some items/sources of mana can allow people to use different magic.

Hmmm. Definitely caught my interest. Don't mind if I do
I'd be interested depending on how the character sheets need to be managed. What's the "system" for characters?
color me intrigued 👀
Including me we have 4 so have at the cs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back