Wyld creatures and lunars.

Gamage

Another question about lunar forms. I've been reading the book "Creatures of the Wyld", and it has a fair list of creatures in it. Should I assume that all the creatures in it are tainted and require the "Luna's Hidden Face" knack (I specifically want to know for mice of the sun). Theres a few things that (in their story) don't seem to have ever been tainted by the wyld (like no key, he mushroom king).

Gamage said:
Should I assume that all the creatures in it are tainted and require the "Luna's Hidden Face" knack
No. That's just the title for the book; from what I recall, the majority of things in there aren't "Wyld-based" by any meaningful definition at all.
(I specifically want to know for mice of the sun).
Mice of the Sun are divine servants of the Unconquered Sun, though I think they're some created creature and not little gods. They get a re-write-up in Compass: North (their disease was also re-written up independently in Glories: Sun). I think both Second Edition versions thankfully did away with the ridiculous "not even Solar Medicine" stuff.

My understanding is that if it can survive in creation, and breed true, it's considered a natural creature and a valid target for the hunt normally (within the scope of other knacks, if it's a mutated human that breeds true you still need Prey's Skin Disguise, obviously). If it's so mutated it needs Wyld energies to survive, or cannot reproduce itself anymore, then it's a Wyld Mutant and you need Luna's Hidden Face.

If it's so mutated it needs Wyld energies to survive' date=' or cannot reproduce itself anymore, then it's a Wyld Mutant and you need Luna's Hidden Face.[/quote']
So say a human is mutated by the wyld, to the point that I need the Luna's Hidden Face knack. Do I also need preys skin disguise? Or is it no longer considered human?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back