Advice/Help Writing Question

For some, yes. For others, not so much. I think that if you are building your base, don't overwhelm yourself with trying to perfect every single thing in your writing. For writing can be fun, and having fun doing something is a wonderful way to learn. However, if part of the satisfaction is knowing you are improving, and you have specific ideas in mind, then you can do both of the things you mentioned.

I guess it depends on what you are writing though. Your own no one will ever see this writing or roleplay writing, sure, if you feel something is not important. It's your writing.
But I think for me personally, it is important to write what satisfies you on one hand. On the other I'm going to care about certain things/details in what I write, whatever they are.

Depends on what you're writing for, specifically what you hope to get out of it. If you're just writing cause you like to write, naturally what satisfies you is the most important. If your goal is to sell something then the person buying the thing you're trying to sell is likely the most important. If you're writing a book you hope to publish for people to enjoy, then naturally a great deal of importance is placed on the ability to satisfy readers.

It should be noted that there can be more than one goal taking place at once, and often just the fact you want to write is one of them, so your personal satisfaction is important. I just wouldn't necessarily say the most important as at the very least it will in most cases clash with other equally important or arguably more important goals for that given situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back