Advice/Help Why is it hard to find anyone to rp with?

This may sound like i am whining but it seems that it has gotten harder to find people to rp with than when I was younger. I have put up multiple post for multiple fandoms and it seems that noone is interested in the fandoms that have been mentioned, maybe they are dead or maybe there arent that many people interested in them like I am. I also see that when others post a interest check they have a lot of requirements for them, am I whining or are other people on here having as hard of a time as I am?

I think it depends what you're looking for. If you're looking for partners for fandoms that are niche or otherwise just lesser known then naturally it will be more difficult to find partners.

I’ve taken a look at the particular threads you’ve been posting and it seems you’ve been:
-posting a single fandom at a time
-barely waiting
-giving little to no information on the logistical side of things
-not making much of an appeal besides “I’m interesting in this can we RP?”

It’s possible RP has gotten harder to find. RPN growing means that there are people to be potential RP partners, but also that there are more threads (group and 1x1 alike) for those potential partners to go to. On the other hand, forum RP may be a less appealing form of entertainment than many or at least there is more to do such that even those otherwise dedicated to it may take on less RPs.

Nonetheless, I do think binging the entire borderline empty thread on one topic is going to be a hard sell even if you luck into actually being found by someone who is a fan and interested in RPing the thing. Especially a hard sell for a time as short as less than a handful of days in some cases.

I’ve taken a look at the particular threads you’ve been posting and it seems you’ve been:
-posting a single fandom at a time
-barely waiting
-giving little to no information on the logistical side of things
-not making much of an appeal besides “I’m interesting in this can we RP?”

It’s possible RP has gotten harder to find. RPN growing means that there are people to be potential RP partners, but also that there are more threads (group and 1x1 alike) for those potential partners to go to. On the other hand, forum RP may be a less appealing form of entertainment than many or at least there is more to do such that even those otherwise dedicated to it may take on less RPs.

Nonetheless, I do think binging the entire borderline empty thread on one topic is going to be a hard sell even if you luck into actually being found by someone who is a fan and interested in RPing the thing. Especially a hard sell for a time as short as less than a handful of days in some cases.
Yes, this too. I admittedly didn't look at his search thread when I posted, but I just took a glance now. Definitely needs more information.

Thank y'all for your input, I appreciate the help that y'all have given and I hope maybe I can do better with putting information to help me find roleplay partners to roleplay with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back