• A spirit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Dragon Blooded

• A mortal

• Total voters

Hand of Destiny

Who do you think Seven Reeds the leader of the unbroken Reeds rebellion (listed in The DB book) was?  A gold faction sidereal, a first age solar, a disgruntled imaculate, a spirit or an ordinary mortal. :shock:

Am I the only person interested in these seemingly minor elements of detail that WW use as throwaway points in their books.  I thought the guy behind the seven reeds rebelion could make for an interesting story or even a potential mentor or villain for a group of characters.  There's another thread thatcurrently poses the question about numbers of first age solars that survived.  Well this could be one of them.

I think a lot of those "throwaways" are left deliberately vague do that you can decide what's going on if you use them in your game. Seven Reeds could be literally ANYONE.

-S

There aren't "throwaways", they're plot hooks.  Deliberate, and there to give an ST some impetus to develop the idea further, and left vague so that the ST could put their own spin on things.  

The devil is in the details.  Expand on a small point, develop a whole plot line on it, that's what it's there for, to spur you on.  One of the nice things about WW is that they leave a LOT open to the ST--hints, passages, brief descriptions, and those are for you to develop further as opposed to some all encompassing canon that takes every detail into account.  

Me, I like the idea of Broken Reeds as a Heroic Mortal myself, but it's open ended so much that he could have been a Solar, a Half Caste, or dang near anything you wanted. Up to you to fill in those details.

I did want to put mortal on the poll but it looks like I messed up.  Nuts. :x
You can fix it. Edit the first post.

-S

Well I kinda also think Seven Reeds was probably a Heroic Mortal or Thaumaturge and a clever one at that being able to dodge the All Seing Eye and all but I think he would have ascended much later on during or after his rebellion into an Exalt of some sort (though becoming a God of Rebellion or something is not completely out of the question) since he would really need some magical help to evade what is probably the closest thing to the CIA in creation.

It actually makes quite an interesting story if the ST would care to tackle it. Maybe cast the players as fellow Heroic Mortals or Thaumaturges in the revolt and let  them earn their exaltations according to their actions.

Aside from that though my next guess would probably be that he was a Sidreal of the Gold Faction just messing around with everyone since their charms easily facilitate the in and out thing he was known for in the Unbroken Rushes revolt.

I think Seven Reeds was a mortal.  Heroic, because that very type of mortal was made specifically for the type of stuff Seven Reeds did, but otherwise just a mortal.  A mortal who got really fed up and realized that, with a little careful planning and some luck, he could really jab a pike in the Realm's ass for a while.  So he did it.

What happened to him after the Rebellion is up to each table's ST.  Personally, I'd make him either a Zenith, a God, or if you really want Seven Reeds to be able to continue stickin' it to the man, a Lunar in the middle of the Realm with a lot of friends.

I fixed it for you, but double check to make sure you don't have access to do it yourself. The poll options should appear under the post editing window. Let me know if they do not.

-S

Hmmmm here's an odd angle for your Lunar suggestion, what if Seven Reeds was Lilith in disguise. I mean it fits her territorial tendencies stated in the Lunars and Solars book and she/he/it(take your pick) sure as hell can easily pull it off at a whim should it strike her fancy to smite a couple of uppity Dragon Bloods and their Sidreal buddies.

Hmmmm here's an odd angle for your Lunar suggestion' date=' what if Seven Reeds was Lilith in disguise. I mean it fits her territorial tendencies stated in the Lunars and Solars book and she/he/it(take your pick) sure as hell can easily pull it off at a whim should it strike her fancy to smite a couple of uppity Dragon Bloods and their Sidreal buddies.[/quote']
That's quite an interesting idea actually.  

~FC.

Considering how long many of the rebellions lasted, who's to say that the rebels weren't the cat's-paws of a Realm faction?

Perhaps, the question shouldn't be about who Seven Reeds (or any of the putative rebel leaders) was, but whom their backers were...

Maybe a new poll is in order? I'm betting on Gold Faction Sidreal Rol since he is stationed on the Isle in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back