Music Who Are Your Favorite Bands?

lashton

inactive
I'm curious. My favorite bands are 5 Seconds of Summer, The Cab, Green Day, All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, One Direction, State Champs, Asking Alexandria, Good Charlotte, Blink-182, Linkin Park, Twenty Øne Pilots, and lots of others that I can't really remember.

But what bands do you like? I wanna find people who like the same ones I do. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
It changes every other day >< lately, I've been listening to The Black Keys and Amazarashi though.

I'm totally with you and the Fall out Boy! Linkin Park as well and I've heard enough One Direction to appreciate it.

Linkin Park, Green Day, Rise Against. Those are the mid point of my music taste. Then it gets a kick in the backside and goes into Bring Me the Horizon (all of it), Chelsea Grin, Lorna Shore and Dissimulator. As well as most metalcore bands in between: Parkway Drive, Saving Grace, Bullet For My Valentine, etc. But if we go the other way there's Blink-182, Beta State, Knife Party and I Am The Only (check them out on Bandcamp. They're awesome~)

Those would probably be the bands I listen to most frequently, but it doesn't really show the scope of my music taste as I seem to have omitted hardcore, classic rock, dnb, post-hardcore and most genres with "melodic" as a prefix. And dj0nt

We actually have mostly the same music taste, except for the fact that I'm vehemently anti-5SOS and One Direction. Just...*shudders*

In addition to what you mentioned, I also love AWOLNATION, Cage the Elephant, Walk the Moon, and Cold War Kids. I lean much more towards the indie subgenre of alt rock.

Icon for Hire, Melanie Martinez, Get Scared, New Year Day, P!ATD, Nicki Minaj, The Cab, P!nk, Paramore, Set it Off, Ghost Town, Halsey. Depends on my mood lately but those are the top.

lashton said:
I'm curious. My favorite bands are 5 Seconds of Summer, The Cab, Green Day, All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, One Direction, State Champs, Asking Alexandria, Good Charlotte, Blink-182, Linkin Park, Twenty Øne Pilots, and lots of others that I can't really remember.
I like all time low, green day, tonight alive, 21 pilots, Halsey, Marianas trench etc.

lashton said:

Hi (<3)

I've always been all over the place - classical, kpop, indie, rock, metal, hardcore, golden era, even country - the only things that will not flow through my brain are (most) pop releases, just about any form of rap, electro, techno, or seventies. //Polite gagging. 1D and 5SOS I don't mind, never get to know the artists behind the music, but their songs for the most part are pretty catchy, although not my default albums. Their midnight album was beautiful.

Go to music, however: Grouplove, Cherub, MGMT, Muse, MCR, Yellowcard, Dashboard confession, Takingbacksunday, Black Sabbath, Creedence Clearwater, Purple fog...

I pretty much can listen to anything except for death metal and country.

Oh, and pop music. I avoid those genres as much as possible.

As far as my favorite bands: Linkin Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers (old)...

I'm all over the place. Two steps from Hell for instrumental as well as smooth jazz.

ONE-OK-ROCK.jpg

These guys. ONE OK ROCK! Went to their concert in Japan last year and it was SUPERB AWESOME!!! Any OOR fans in here??? ^^

My genres differ heavily.

I love me some Daft Punk, Eminem, Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Monstercat, etc.

Tool though is probably my favorite of them all

Possibly the first to post a list of favorites composed from the old school of bands.

Journey

AC/DC

Def Leopard

Foreigner

Styxx

Kansas

Reo Speedwagon

Bon Jovi

Guns & Roses

Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

Mhhh, let's see...

Hop Along, Neutral Milk Hotel, Deafheaven, The Chariot, Local Natives, alt-J, GY!BE and Lovedrug.

BoatBehind said:
I went thru all of this and yet I have to find someone who loves The killers!!
They're an amazing band and they're one of my all time favorites. Fall out boy, I think is everyone's top favorite but I love them so much, so I hop on that train. <3

Franz Ferdinand also steal my heart away and Arctic Monkeys revive me. Do 21 pilots count as a band, man, I don't even know.

But those are my top faves.
Sure they count. Two people are still a band. :P Killers aren't much of my taste anymore, but I liked Hot Fuss.

The Who

The Beatles

Mumford and sons

Yoko Kanno and the seatbelts

OMG THIS IS THE LIST

21 pilots

sleeping with sirens

nirvana

marina and the diamonds

panic! at the disco

fall out boy

Melanie Martinez

that's all I can think of

If you like any of these people then tag me and tell me! ^u^

For Today, Thrice, Of Mice and Men, Enter Shikari, Linkin Park, Twenty One Pilots, Red, August Burns Red, Crown The Empire, Storm The Sky, Vitamin String Quartet, and anything by Dan Forrest.

I would have to listen to Asking Alexandria. I have a gut feeling that I've heard at least one song before and I liked it, but I can't remember for the life of me what it sounded, haha. I never really grew out of listening to the old Linking Park songs, especially Papercut and Faint, but I have no idea what their new stuff songs like. (Are they even making new stuff?) That was one of the bands that introduced me to the rock genre after years of torment from country's regiment of trucks and drinking and cheating girlfriends and boyfriends. I do enjoy me some Twenty Øne Pilots. I have Blurryface on a CD in my car and it's just really unfortunate that my least favorite song on the album is the one they always play on the radio. That's okay though, because I have yet to hear a song of theirs that I dislike. Oh, and that one Green Day song that everyone knows is pretty good.

As for my preference, Bring Me The Horizon is my absolute favorite. It's so rare that I hear a band where I could enjoy literally almost any one of their songs, even though their style changes
so much between each album. I don't listen to Suicide Season as much as the others, but that's probably just because there's one break in the album that annoys me, but that's it. Otherwise, some bands that I love are Crywolf, Sybreed, Katatonia, Amorphis, Igorrr, and Queen (their greatest hits album was probably the first repreive I got from country music and it was magnificent when it happened). I also had a serious Marilyn Manson and Gorillaz phase, but I'm mostly over them now. Oh, and I've been listening to Pierce The Veil's Collide With The Sky lately and I do quite like that album, as it turns out.

@Eidolon they experimented in 2012-2013 with electronic (more pop-like) music but their fans hated it, so now they're doing a mix of electronic and grunge in their music.

In my opinion, it's not as good as their old stuff, but it's still a good listen.

Their newest album (the electronicore one) is The Hunting Party

@Starset ah, I see. They should just do whatever they want to do, honestly. People are going to bitch either way, because that's just what people do. If you don't change up the sound, then you're going to have people saying it all sounds the same, like Nickelback, and if you change it, fans are going to say the new stuff sucks and the old stuff was better, like BMTH. That does sound kind of interesting, though. If I get bored some day I may give that a listen.

Bit different from everything else everyone else has posted but I lllooovveee Of Monsters and Men & Mother Mother.

I just love their style and how the songs they make can be interpreted in so many ways!

Guess you could say I'm a lover of Indie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back