• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Where The World Ends (Apocalypse Now meets Lovecraft meets the Lost World)

WanderingScribe

It is 1970, and you are accompanying D Company, 1st Battalion, 20th Calvary Regiment of the 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile). D Company was drawn to support an unknown agency on a mission to an uncharted island in south east asia. The paper objective? Destroy the Viet Cong weapon caches and apprehend any chinese or soviet advisors in the area of operation. The island is believed to harbor training facilities for communist guerillas and is expected to be highly guarded. Fire support will be provided by a navy guncruiser during the initial assault and will return to port thereafter. Secrecy is of highest importance. Transport will be provided by an unmarked civilian vessel crewed by locals, who are eager to leave as soon as possible. Little is known about the island, other than stories of monsters lurking the waters, strange cults and dancing lights in the sky after sundown. And when you touch ground, as far as the government is concerned you don't exist.

Speaking of...who are you? You can be one of the many, such as:

1) A soldier from D company. Known as Dumbass Company by the rest of the battalion and loathed by command, D Company is rife with hazing, fragging, criminal activity and accusations of human rights violations. Many of its cultural and systemic issues are swept under the rug by its First Sergeant, who prioritizes aggression and brutality above anything else. What few good men left in the company are a surrounded by petty cruelty, drug addiction and clique violence. Why would such a reckless unit be selected for such a high priority mission? Maybe because they wouldn't be missed.

2) You work for the Agency. Things related to the occult, the alien and the cryptozoological are your specialty. Needless to say, your three-letter department is small and underfunded. But for once the government is giving you what you requested. And that terrifies you. Two weeks prior, an agent named Marcus Cane went missing on the island along with a LRRP team from the 173rd. Only one man made it back. His story was convincing enough for the big suits to give you a company of killers from the front lines and a blank check. Official story is that the island is home to a communist insurgency sitting on a massive weapons depot. The truth is something else on that island killed those men and the government wants it dealt with. Your briefing was sparse on the details and your leading field agents, nicknamed 'Salt' and 'Pepper' are tightlipped about it.

3) You are a foreign plant in the Agency. You've worked years to get to this position and believe whatever the US discovered on this island can turn the tides of history in your country's favor. Or at least that's what you were told. Maybe it will be all for nothing. Cuba, East Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom; wherever you call home, you know they are counting on you. Years of work have gone into infiltrating the Agency. That alone has told you that it must be of some great importance. You just need to pray that your cover isn't blown.

OOC: Hello! I hope this post piques your interest. This rp is an idea I've had for quite a bit now. Its basically Apocalypse Now set on a forgotten island with a bit of lovecraft. So expect dinosaurs, existential horrors and CCR playing 24/7 (that last part is a joke, don't worry). As far as characters go, feel free to get creative. Obviously those three backgrounds I listed will work best but I'm open to new ideas! I already have four that I'm working on to help direct the story. Two sadistic G.I.'s who will serve as antagonistic forces and the two government field operatives from the mysterious 'Agency'. Anyway, if this interests you, feel free to let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back