• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐒 𝐆𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐄

lvcid

Elder Member

• intro

disorder

joy division

overview.

S
    ituated along the northeastern coastline, Cape Hope is an ill-named town. Each morning, a dense fog rolls in off the sea, covering the old and sleepy buildings like a blanket made of lead, unmovable despite how far into the day it is. The clouds hanging low overhead never quite break long enough for any sliver of sunlight to peak through, leaving the air perpetually damp with the promise of rain. And the people that live there…

The wooden sign standing like an omen at the town border reads, “Cape Hope, a home away from home. You’ll never want to leave!” Yet, the paint is chipping, smiling family drawn in a vintage fashion no longer an inviting sight—their eyes almost completely worn away now from years of storm-battering. The sign rings true, though. Most people don’t leave just as most people don’t come anywhere near if they have the choice.

Four years ago, a group of graduating seniors, along with their closest friends, took a boat out into the harbor to celebrate their newfound freedom. The next morning, one of their bodies washed up on the shore, displaying signs of anything but an accidental death. The only people that know what happened that night are the teens that were aboard that vessel, but their stories all stayed the same: no one remembered seeing her there at all.

Annabel Hope was only a few weeks away from her eighteenth birthday. With the title of Valedictorian and a Brown scholarship under her belt, she had a world of opportunity laid out before her until someone decided to take matters into their own hands, putting an abrupt halt to the life she’d worked endlessly for.

A month later, Mayor Hope announced the cancellation of the city’s Fourth of July celebration—the small town didn’t have much to offer in terms of tourism, and what little activity they did get from lone stragglers looking for something to do on the holidays could be kissed goodbye.

Mayor Hope hasn’t made many public appearances since then, but according to his secretary, he doesn’t go home much, either. More times than not, she finds him passed out on his desk, next to an empty whiskey glass and old police reports.

The wooden sign standing like an omen at the town border reads, “Cape Hope, the place where hopes go to die,” large, red paint sprayed over the original design. It doesn’t matter how many times town officials send someone out to clean it, the warning always finds a way back to the weathered surface.

Someone knows something—those words are a threat as much as they are foreboding advice—and it’s only a matter of time before the truth is forced out, especially now that someone bearing a startling resemblance to Annabel has just moved to town.

intro

roles

rules

who is right,

who can
tell
?

genre

thriller, mystery

status

accepting

gms

spots open

6/7

inspo

a good girl’s guide to murder, i killed zoe spanos

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
the link to the character thread has now been added to the original post above!! for the time being, i won’t be adding a due date, as i’m hoping this still gets more interest, but feel free to go ahead and post your sheets!

question: is there a specific way you want the character sheets filled out? i noticed that there's a template but idk how to use bbcode or anything so i doubt mine will be anything fancy lol.

question: is there a specific way you want the character sheets filled out? i noticed that there's a template but idk how to use bbcode or anything so i doubt mine will be anything fancy lol.
you don’t have to code! as long as you include everything from the template, you’re good (:

spongebob-eyes.gif

lvcid lvcid since the new girl bears a resemblance to Annabel, is there anything in particular you're looking for in regards to the faceclaim?

lvcid lvcid since the new girl bears a resemblance to Annabel, is there anything in particular you're looking for in regards to the faceclaim?
honestly, as long as it’s someone that looks remotely similar to isabela merced, it works!! i know maia reficco gets mistaken for her often, so she’d be a good fit, but if you have someone else in mind, go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back