• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐š†๐™ท๐™ฐ๐šƒ ๐™ป๐™ธ๐™ด๐š‚ ๐š„๐™ฝ๐™ณ๐™ด๐š ๐™ท๐™พ๐š†๐™ป๐™ด๐š ๐™ผ๐™ฐ๐™ฝ๐š‚๐™ธ๐™พ๐™ฝ โ•ฐโ”ˆ[ ๐™›๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™ฎ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ

mother of sorrows

๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ป, ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฃ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ต

the

...introduction​

song name

answer here

outfit

interactions

name, name, name

tags

@ user @ user

Your phone rings. It has been doing that a lot, lately.

'...Hello? Oh, hi. Hey, yes, it's me. How are you?'

You are unwell. There is a thick throbbing behind your skull, like clumsy fingers trying to break the bone open. You do not say that - or perhaps you do.

'Oh. Yes. Listen, let me get to the point. About Marcille's funeral, I - we thought, you know, as a family. We thought, uh, to hold it back at Howler Mansion.'

The place sits on your chest when you sleep. A place of wet, black coastal rock and cold hallways. You would hide in the dark lacquer closets as a kid during birthdays. You are not quite sure you ever made it out.

'I mean, Marcille would have wanted that. For us.'

It's hard to tell what she wanted, in those last few bitter years. She had never been an easy to person to deal with, but age and illness have reduced her to genuine spite. The last conversation you had with her might have been an argument, though you don't remember; the fights all blistered into one at that point.

'Can you just promise me you'll come? Please? I know you don't like anyone there. But do it for...'

You don't want to go back to Howler Mansion. You won't find anything there but ash and a new grave, back behind the yard.

You shouldn't go.

'I'll arrange a room for you. Just, please.'

You receive a formal invitation, anyway.

โ— โ—​

In remembrance of the beautiful life of Marcille de Westleon, we warmly invite you to share in a celebration of her journey on the 23th of November, 1973.
The funeral will be held at 8:20 AM at the De Westleon graveyard at the Howler Mansion, in Deer Trap, Maine. Marcille was a capable boss, the very definition of American hard work and ingenuity. She was the owner of companies that the built from the ground up, making her own fortune in this country. But to those that knew her personally, she was much more than that; she was also a daughter, mother, sister, aunt.
She quietly passed away at 78 due to a heart attack.
We hope to see you there, to celebrate this amazing woman and all her deeds.

โ— โ—​

Hello, hi! I'm sorrows and welcome to this tiny mystery roleplay I have had in the works for a while now! The story follows a dysfunctional, unpleasant and - most importantly- painfully rich family as they gather to bury their matriarch. Most of them barely liked her. Most of them don't even like themselves. But whether they want to be here or not, they are now packed back into their ancestral mansion for two weeks, trying to gather the pieces and calling their lawyers on speed dial. The will is explicity to be revealed these two weeks have passed, and everyone is already miserable at the prospect of how Marcille's empire is going to be butchered up.

Howler Mansion is fitting for a funeral, in any case. Only the most poetic of them might enjoy just how isolated this place is. The rest find it uninviting, like a tomb.

(And anyway. You haven't been able to sleep, since you came here.
)

If you guys have any questions, please let me know - due to the nature of the story, I tried to purposefully keep it somewhat vague! Still, I hope it will interest some of you guys!

This is not first come first serve.
There will be CS, though I don't have any specific roles that have to be taken. You could write the snide oldest child of Marcille that spent years in her shadow, her favorite angel child, a distant uncle that at one point had it going on, but has now become an alcoholic and stopped showering, a scheming bullied cousin, a nervous paper-shifting lawyer, a quite frankly baffled working-class spouse of one of the de Westleons. As long as the idea is realistic, I'd love to hear them!

โ•ฐโ”ˆ[ ๐‘๐”๐‹๐„๐’ & ๐„๐—๐๐„๐‚๐“๐€๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐’

• OOC will probably be on Discord, so please consider that as an option!
  • Please be 18+.
  • The setting will be somewhat grim and will include characters that have experienced abuse, toxic dynamics, trauma and generally have huge problems. However, please write any heavy topics with respect. If you aren't sure, feel free to ask! On that note, please mention if anything makes you uncomfortable. This roleplay will most definitively include death, gore, horror and spooky vibes, along with human messiness.
  • I have been pretty vague about the setting, the mansion, the family itself; I have ideas, of course, but I do want to offer a semi-blank slate for you guys to develop for yourself. I don't mean I will give you no information and leave you to have to write the story yourself, but mainly that I'd adore active writing. I don't mean posting frequency, but that if you want a scene, a subplot, a dynamic, a secret or anything else, that you actively write it out! I'd absolutely love a cast that feels alive and involved in the story, rather than them just reacting to whatever is happening. For that reason you are free to plot as much or as little as you want, since most dynamics might be forced to develop naturally.
  • And most importantly, please join with the intention of having fun! This isn't an obligation, but I hope to bring an experience that is enjoyable!!
Thank you for reading and don't be afraid to ask questions!
447fa29e03ab268c9bcf6117074cc921.jpg

Last edited:
the rules are up and above now! < 3 the ooc is here if you guys want to chat or anything else, i'll make the cs soon!

here is the character sheet! if you guys lack any ideas for concepts, i have plenty to give potential inspiration ^^

i am interested!

omg...

bump !!

bump !!

consider me interested if I can think of a juicy role !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back